844 users online (182 members and 662 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

the term neutral place

I found the use of this term on a website for couples counseling.

Neutral place might be one where KC doesn't have to be confronted with criticism, or made to explain her actions. Seems like the A's house was definitely not a "neutral" place. TL's place is "neutral" because he doesn't grill her for facts or explanations.

I think Casey's unusual speech patterns "remove" her from the emotional impact of whatever is going on at the time. I also remember her using the word "level" in one of the jailhouse conversations with Lee - something to the effect of "I am not level now". That struck me as extremely odd phrasing. Then, if I remember correctly, Lee said to LE during his interview "I am on the LEVEL with you". Is that their code word for "truthful'? So when Casey said "I am NOT level".....?

i took it to be "neutral place" as in away from prying CA & GA...and those pesky little questions they may ask...jmo

I think "neutral" means a place where no one would be overly suspisious, ask to many questions, and KC would not have to answer to anybody.

I noticed Casey used that word in one of her text messages to Amy. I can't remember what it was in reference to though. Maybe a vacation place? Not sure.

The Urban Dictionary shows several different meanings for the word. So it all depends on how Casey defines it I guess.

A place where she could be alone and think out a plan. No phone calls, parents, friends, boyfriends, no one.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

I interpreted it as
    Neutral, away from the Caylee memories at home and also away from the area where she did whatever she did to Caylee. Neutral, without good feelings or bad, somewhere she could just drift.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

curiositycat is offline The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience
    neutral adj. Not aligned with, supporting, or favoring either side in a war, dispute or contest.
    "Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect" Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Sammi99 View Post
    Neutral place might be one where KC doesn't have to be confronted with criticism, or made to explain her actions. Seems like the A's house was definitely not a "neutral" place. TL's place is "neutral" because he doesn't grill her for facts or explanations.
    Yep. TL didn't grill her for facts or explanations, because he probably wanted one thing from her.

Imaginary Team Members: A Couples Counseling Perspective
    Richard E. Watts
    Sam Houston State University

Paul R. Peluso

Florida Atlantic University

The postmodern counseling literature contains numerous interventions that may help to create a neutral place for client reflection. Andersen suggested the use of "reflecting teams" for helping clients become more reflective in their thinking. A reflecting team is made up of individuals (usually other counselors) who observe and reflect on the therapeutic process that they are witnessing. Clients, in turn, then discuss their reflections of the reflecting teamís conversation. According to Freedman and Combs, an extension of the reflecting teams technique may include persons not actually present in the counseling session. Later, these team members may be invited to future sessions, and eventually the couple may be instructed to use this exercise at home to help them create alternative meanings and behaviors. In this article, the authors present a technique loosely based on the reflective team approach for use with couples.

Quote Originally Posted by 21merc7 View Post
    A place where she could be alone and think out a plan. No phone calls, parents, friends, boyfriends, no one.
    Jail sounds like the perfect place.
    I have a constitutional right to my opinion and I am stating it!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaia713 View Post
    Jail sounds like the perfect place.
    however, she is missing those phones and computers....

When the video of KC and TL at Blockbuster came out I remembered her saying she went to a neutral place.

I believe the perps(kc) definition of neutral is
    tone's apt
    various nightclubs
    tattoo parlors
    trgt stores
    parties

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast