Possible Secluded Spaces In Orlando

karenz

Reaction score
I was thinking alot about CocoaMom's theory- which I love and is well thought out. But it got me thinking about where I hung out when I did not want to be home. To be quite honest with you, where my boyfriend (now my hubby of 17 years) and I wanted to be "alone" (wink, wink). I grew up in NY although I now live in Florida. A lot of places the cops would include on their "rounds" and would ask for our I.D, check for booze etc. Yet there were some places that we knew we were safe.

I especially would like to hear from the Orlando area WS'er especially those with teenagers. But even if you are not in FL the idea is the same.

Not necessarily KC's neutral place (but may well be too) but places where there is very little chance of being disturbed either to hang out or hide a body. I personally feel KC's statement about a neutral place meant TL's. She knew she went to TL's the date Caylee went missing and that statement covered.

Mine was

Down by the river
Houses being constructed (I know the whole Bella Vida is being discussed)
Churches
Parking lot at mall
Seasonal sporting event parking spaces (for example, where I live we have the Players Championship at Sawgrass and 11 months and 2 weeks out of the year it is vacant and holds about 3000 cars)
Playgrounds

Then maybe we use the info to look where the majority of her pings were.

I am just trying to think outside the box.

Well, I can easily remember my own teenage years and the places I "hid" to do things I shouldnt have been doing.

Fairgrounds (ours was very large, lots of wooded areas, gates open 24-7)
Cell tower property (top of a mountain, very secluded, paved road)
Park after dark, down by the water
Homes under construction
School campus after hours

Well, I can easily remember my own teenage years and the places I "hid" to do things I shouldnt have been doing.

Fairgrounds (ours was very large, lots of wooded areas, gates open 24-7)
Cell tower property (top of a mountain, very secluded, paved road)
Park after dark, down by the water
Homes under construction
School campus after hours

Fairgrounds are a great idea? Any in the area?

Wouldn't be ironic if KC buried Caylee around a cell tower?

I was a teen in Fl, we hung out at the phosphate mining sites (no security back then, don't know about now) and the middle of orange groves (awww anyone else in FL remember grove parties?)

From the east side of Orlando, all the way over to the Atlantic Ocean (2 cans of gas would get you that far and back), my places would be:

- St. John's river, in the back of the Lone Cabbage Fish Camp (very dark and secluded at night, and lots and lots of alligators and other creatures in that river)
- Lake Jessup in Oveido (many places you can pull your car right up by the lake. Lots of wooded areas and orange groves around there too). Just because she didn't "ping" in Brevard County doesn't mean she wasn't there (i.e. leave cell phone at home, or pop the battery and sim card out, etc.)
- Any abandonded or foreclosed home, where you know someone hasn't lived in a while, where you know that the back yard backs up to a wooded or conservation area)

And there are literally thousands of roads on the far east side of Orlando, that literally take you out into the middle of nowhere.

That's the primary ones I can think of for now!

I was thinking alot about CocoaMom's theory- which I love and is well thought out. But it got me thinking about where I hung out when I did not want to be home. To be quite honest with you, where my boyfriend (now my hubby of 17 years) and I wanted to be "alone" (wink, wink). I grew up in NY although I now live in Florida. A lot of places the cops would include on their "rounds" and would ask for our I.D, check for booze etc. Yet there were some places that we knew we were safe.

I especially would like to hear from the Orlando area WS'er especially those with teenagers. But even if you are not in FL the idea is the same.

Not necessarily KC's neutral place (but may well be too) but places where there is very little chance of being disturbed either to hang out or hide a body. I personally feel KC's statement about a neutral place meant TL's. She knew she went to TL's the date Caylee went missing and that statement covered.

Mine was

Down by the river
Houses being constructed (I know the whole Bella Vida is being discussed)
Churches
Parking lot at mall
Seasonal sporting event parking spaces (for example, where I live we have the Players Championship at Sawgrass and 11 months and 2 weeks out of the year it is vacant and holds about 3000 cars)
Playgrounds

Then maybe we use the info to look where the majority of her pings were.

I am just trying to think outside the box.

This reminds me of something her childhood friend said they had somewhere they would go tree house or something I dont know if they or whoever checked that place out or not. Did anyone else remember hearing something like that?

sheesh, I can't even begin to think of all the "out of the way areas" here (next county sw of orange), we're still considered rural with farms and fields (please don't move the trial here), lots and lots of open land.

This reminds me of something her childhood friend said they had somewhere they would go tree house or something I dont know if they or whoever checked that place out or not. Did anyone else remember hearing something like that?

Was that the friend who said they would go out behind the a school ( in the neighborhood I think) in the woods? If so, I know LE had dogs out there at least twice.

I would start as close as possible to the a's house and look for every wooded area that had a road path trail that you could get a car down. its got to be there and its close. le needs to talk to britany the neighbor. didnt they grow up together ?

there are thousands of places here, central florida is huge, it is not like New York City where the only real wooded area you may come across is central park, there are hundreds of wooded areas as large as Central perk here. Disney to Sanford/Deltona is like from Philadelphia to Allentown. Orange County and Seminole County are huge. With civilization dotted throughout wooded swampy areas. And from my own travels here there are parts of town that within the same "area" you may find a more than one to a dozen "hidden party" areas within.

This kind of search effort must be started off with "know areas" the suspect travels and this suspect has traveled many. Then each of those areas must be broken town into seperate search efforts over time. Without some real "sighting" we could search for years and never find anything. 20 years later someone may spot the needle in a hay stack.

Caylee is not the only missing "person" in these parts. When I first moved here over 20 years ago a woman went missing in Sanford from her night job at a convienience store and nothing has surfaced from that case since.

I think you have the right idea but we need to know Casey's secret places, not just anyone that lives here. And TES seems to have a good aprroach to their selection as well. But even those locations are vast. Blanchard park and the trail from it along the Little Econ. River is enormous. I would not want to be in Tim Millers shoes trying to arrange all of this. Even though I have been out searching on my own several times so far, I have tried to choose places that seem to fit Casey's M.O. But let me tell you it is daunting.

There have also been several threads allready on searching and where to go and asking for local opinions, so alot of options are here on the board allready too for you to peruse.

I have also been reviewing the ping maps to observe her travel areas and she is very limited on where she has gone during that two month period. But even that area itself is huge and there are neumerous wooded areas along her path of travel as well.

Several things need to happen we need to isolate the date of death to get a rough idea on the date she "could have been" placed in the trunk and from the FBI evidence extrapolate the date she was finnaly "removed" from the trunk. And review the ping maps from a good 3 to 5 day period 1-2 days before and after that final "trunk" day.

Then try and determine where she was along the pathway that she could have felt safe hiding a body and start setting up efforts from that.

But even this is IMHO a daunting task. But it may get us closer.

there are thousands of places here, central florida is huge, it is not like New York City where the only real wooded area you may come across is central park, there are hundreds of wooded areas as large as Central perk here. Disney to Sanford/Deltona is like from Philadelphia to Allentown. Orange County and Seminole County are huge. With civilization dotted throughout wooded swampy areas. And from my own travels here there are parts of town that within the same "area" you may find a more than one to a dozen "hidden party" areas within.

This kind of search effort must be started off with "know areas" the suspect travels and this suspect has traveled many. Then each of those areas must be broken town into seperate search efforts over time. Without some real "sighting" we could search for years and never find anything. 20 years later someone may spot the needle in a hay stack.

Caylee is not the only missing "person" in these parts. When I first moved here over 20 years ago a woman went missing in Sanford from her night job at a convienience store and nothing has surfaced from that case since.

I think you have the right idea but we need to know Casey's secret places, not just anyone that lives here. And TES seems to have a good aprroach to their selection as well. But even those locations are vast. Blanchard park and the trail from it along the Little Econ. River is enormous. I would not want to be in Tim Millers shoes trying to arrange all of this. Even though I have been out searching on my own several times so far, I have tried to choose places that seem to fit Casey's M.O. But let me tell you it is daunting.

There have also been several threads allready on searching and where to go and asking for local opinions, so alot of options are here on the board allready too for you to peruse.

I have also been reviewing the ping maps to observe her travel areas and she is very limited on where she has gone during that two month period. But even that area itself is huge and there are neumerous wooded areas along her path of travel as well.

Several things need to happen we need to isolate the date of death to get a rough idea on the date she "could have been" placed in the trunk and from the FBI evidence extrapolate the date she was finnaly "removed" from the trunk. And review the ping maps from a good 3 to 5 day period 1-2 days before and after that final "trunk" day.

Then try and determine where she was along the pathway that she could have felt safe hiding a body and start setting up efforts from that.

But even this is IMHO a daunting task. But it may get us closer.

I agree wholeheartedly, that is why I started the thread on date of date this morning, but with limited text messages, limited cell phone records, and not all of the interviews that le did, it makes it tough. I don't know if her secret place, by her home is where any of this occurred, but it would be agood start, and my gut tells me it will be within one or two mile radius of her parents home. And that has to be a good place to start. She absolutly had to have somewhere close to the house, she has been doing this along time. I know they can't go nilly willy looking and I know there are other people missing, too many people. But if they would draw atwo mile radius around their home we will find this place I'm sure of it. sorry mods move this to the rant page if needed ( does that monkey have a gun ?)

any sinkholes close to her house? or the pinged areas (I can't read ping)?

Places I went as a teenager are mostly being talked about in this case. Out by the airport, under woody tree areas in a park, out in the country, up on hills at the lake, and at rest stops on the highway just to park for awhile when out driving around. Casey probably would have chosen a secluded spot where she could park without too much suspicion, could tell if someone was approaching, but yet wouldn't have any new construction going on in the future or much foot traffic for awhile (if burial was involved).

But I think that we are looking at that in the wrong way. this is not going to be a place she went with boyfriends or even friends to party. This has to be a place that only kc and caylee went to. kc would have never shared it with anyone. But it has to be close to the house 99.9 % of the time this place would have been used to wait on the parents to leave while pretending to work. She pretended to work for over two years. This just has to be close to their house.

any sinkholes close to her house? or the pinged areas (I can't read ping)?

I think earlier today I saw a google map on one of the threads that showed sinkholes that coincided with pings, but I can't remember the thread.

Honestly a sinkhole is no different than a lake or a pond. Many of the lakes here are sinkholes. There is one in winterpark that was once a porche dealerships parking lost, now it is a porche underwater graveyard. Several cars went for a swim and never came back. Seriously though its no different than any other lake or pond and just as deep as most. Unless it doesn't have water in it yet then it is just a sunken depression of ground, but it will eventually fill up with water.

I agree wholeheartedly, that is why I started the thread on date of date this morning, but with limited text messages, limited cell phone records, and not all of the interviews that le did, it makes it tough. I don't know if her secret place, by her home is where any of this occurred, but it would be agood start, and my gut tells me it will be within one or two mile radius of her parents home. And that has to be a good place to start. She absolutly had to have somewhere close to the house, she has been doing this along time. I know they can't go nilly willy looking and I know there are other people missing, too many people. But if they would draw atwo mile radius around their home we will find this place I'm sure of it. sorry mods move this to the rant page if needed ( does that monkey have a gun ?)

Yes, never monkey around with an armed chimp!

there are a million secluded areas with lakes and gators all around central fl. that is why i dont think she will be found.
JMO. I would love to be wrong.
I did drive past the A's house one day and there is a canal nearby, set down from the road, very deep down. I dont know how long it is or how far it goes but it was just one spot of a million that could be it.

Well, my teen years ended all of 4 years ago, so I can still come up with wuite a few places.
School playgrounds, especially those where the playground was away from the road and the parking lot.
Any large abandoned building that was rumored to be haunted.
Private beaches where the owners were on vacation. (Cops would usually assume that it was the owners down there.)
Dirt roads in outlying areas.
Power substations. Around here they have their own crappy security so the cops don't check them unless they see something.
The woods.
Not the complete list, but everything I could come up with at the moment.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back