GUILTY PA - Sgt. Timothy Simpson, 46, killed by driver eluding Philly police, 17 Nov 2008

opme

Reaction score
http://cbs3.com/local/sergeant.timothy.simpson.2.867209.html

"PHILADELPHIA (CBS 3) ―
A driver with a lengthy criminal record is facing charges after a collision in Port Richmond that claimed the life of a veteran Philadelphia police sergeant late Monday night.

Sergeant Timothy Simpson, 46, was reportedly responding to a robbery call when he was involved in a crash with a black Camaro at the intersection of Allegheny and Aramingo Avenues at about 10:30 p.m.

Witnesses reported the Camaro was traveling at a high rate of speed and had run a red light at the time of the collision. The impact sent Sgt. Simpson's cruiser into a nearby building while the Camaro struck a light pole.

Rescue crews rushed Simpson to Temple University Hospital where he was pronounced dead at about 11:05 p.m."

Another Philly officer has been killed in the line of duty..so incredibly sad and such a difficult time for the police and the city. And again another officer is killed by a many time offender.. this one 20 times he has been lockedup.. paroled just 3 days prior to this tragedy.

My sympathies to the family, friends and officers who worked with Mr Simpson.

I'm from Philadelphia(Cape May now)..saw this covered at lenghth this am...so so sad...did you see the vigil at his house?...

didn't an increasing number die down there in 2007 too? shame.

RIP

I hate to read this, it bothers me more than anyone could know. I feel bad for his family and fellow officers.

From October 2011:

http://articles.philly.com/2011-10-18/news/30292931_1_police-officers-simpson-family-police-car

The man who caused a 2008 car accident that killed Philadelphia Police Sgt. Timothy Simpson will spend 19 to 40 years in prison under a plea agreement reached Monday.

William Foster, 44, of Levittown, pleaded guilty to third-degree murder and other charges in the case... Assistant District Attorney Gail Fairman called Foster a career criminal whose actions repeatedly put others at risk. She cited his criminal record, which included 30 convictions over 25 years for crimes including eluding police officers, assault, and drug possession...

Fairman described how police saw Foster speeding in North Philadelphia and gave chase on Nov. 17, 2008. Foster ran through several red lights, eventually ramming Simpson's police car at Allegheny and Aramingo Avenues. Simpson... died of neck injuries that caused bleeding in his brain.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back