Dr G Medical Examiner

Friptzap

Reaction score
http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?showtopic=3146276

This person explains the case well. Dr G is a local ME here in Central Florida but I am not sure where the case mentioned is from. I saw the episode but did not hear where it occured, her show reveals cases she has worked on over the course of her career.

Here is what she actually writes about the case:

"The other episode last night was one in which a woman had shot her husband. Claiming self defense. She said he was drunk and coming after her. He had a rap sheet, which included DUI offenses, and they had often had very bad fights, so this kind of made sense, but something made them not let her off the hook, quite. In the course of the investigation, when they were interviewing witnesses for the trial, a potential witness--i think the dead man's sister or cousin, said that he had been very sick and week in the days leading up to the shooting and he mentioned something about poisoning.

Dr. G. had noticed pink pepto bismol in the stomach, but didn't think a whole lot about it, but it would explain him trying to fight off nausea. There was no alcohol in his system. She was at first , loath to follow up on the poisoning angle since it happens rarely. But she sent blood and urine off to be analyzed for heavy metals. Lo and behold, arsenic. She testified against the woman at the trial, but somethng occured with the chain of evidence such that the woman only ended up getting probation, and Dr. G. said that as far as she knows, the woman never saw any jail time despite poisioning her husband and then shooting him."

Very much on track with the episode which I watched as well. The "something that occured" with the evidence was - it got thrown out because the defense argued that even though Dr G found evidence of long term arsenic poisoning she could not prove this woman was feeding it to her husband, since she could not prove she was feeding it to the husband and they had no other evidence proving either she was not permitted to even mention the arsenic on the stand.

The jury never got a chance to hear this evidence. So this woman got of scott free with his murder, claiming self defense. Dr. G said the evidence she found of long term poisoning showed she was trying to kill him slowly so the arsenic would not be noticed as it would affect him adversly to do enough damage over time to his organs that poisoning may not be noticable as cause of death. (my understanding anyway of her explanation) But since it had been occuring for such a long period of time DR. G figured the woman got tired of waiting and decided to shoot him and claim self defense.

How does this apply here? How can they prove Casey gave the chloroform or anything that may be "detected"? For the very same reason as this other case this evidence could be thrown out. This is going to drag out for so long that they may not even be able to prove that Casey did anything to Caylee even if they find the body. They must find more evidence to connect her to the crime and I have high concerns over this and the more I think on it the more I feel there could be problems here. Even if they find the body Casey can just keep on plaing stupid until they can show a direct link.

Her car was abandoned in a highly visible area, somone could have placed evidence in the trunk during the 3 days it sat at Amscott. She can continue to play stupid with her nanny act, and they can never prove she did not have a nanny. How can you prove something did not exist? Logically you cannot.

The longer I think about this more more circumstantial the evidence appears. They had gloves and shoe prints in O.J.'s case and that was MUCH more solid evidence that he was the culprit than anything that could link Casey to her daughters death. But even they could not prove the gloves or foot prints were O.J.'s he even had a cut on his hand.

What do we have here so far? She was the last known person to have seen Caylee alive other than the "supposed" nanny. And she will keep playing the stupid angle on that one and the evidence found in the trunk of her car which was abbandoned for three solid days and then left in the junk yard for two weeks.

Now ME? personnaly? this all makes me think HARD! This did not all happen by chance, she is not that lucky or smart enough to have had such a good hand dealt in this little card game of hers. NO WAY. I really feel, the more I look at this, that she had help, I am starting to think that everything was a set up deal; including running out of gas all those times and staying away from the house. Something terrible happened on the 16th and that was "D" day. What happened in that hosue that terrible day? What did Caylee see? What went on? How did she end up in the path of destruction? I do not think this was a case of getting rid of an unwanted child, I think there is something much more horrible here that created this darkness. I think there are skeletons in the closets that have yet to surface, I just wish I knew how to scare them out.

How can they prove their case? if they cannot prove Casey's involvment? With so many "outs" she can try and take?

This person explains the case well. Dr G is a local ME here in Central Florida but I am not sure where the case mentioned is from. I saw the episode but did not hear where it occured, her show reveals cases she has worked on over the course of her career.

"The other episode last night was one in which a woman had shot her husband. Claiming self defense. She said he was drunk and coming after her. He had a rap sheet, which included DUI offenses, and they had often had very bad fights, so this kind of made sense, but something made them not let her off the hook, quite. In the course of the investigation, when they were interviewing witnesses for the trial, a potential witness--i think the dead man's sister or cousin, said that he had been very sick and week in the days leading up to the shooting and he mentioned something about poisoning.

Dr. G. had noticed pink pepto bismol in the stomach, but didn't think a whole lot about it, but it would explain him trying to fight off nausea. There was no alcohol in his system. She was at first , loath to follow up on the poisoning angle since it happens rarely. But she sent blood and urine off to be analyzed for heavy metals. Lo and behold, arsenic. She testified against the woman at the trial, but somethng occured with the chain of evidence such that the woman only ended up getting probation, and Dr. G. said that as far as she knows, the woman never saw any jail time despite poisioning her husband and then shooting him."

Very much on track with the episode which I watched as well. The "something that occured" with the evidence was - it got thrown out because the defense argued that even though Dr G found evidence of long term arsenic poisoning she could not prove this woman was feeding it to her husband, since she could not prove she was feeding it to the husband and they had no other evidence proving either she was not permitted to even mention the arsenic on the stand.

The jury never got a chance to hear this evidence. So this woman got of scott free with his murder, claiming self defense. Dr. G said the evidence she found of long term poisoning showed she was trying to kill him slowly so the arsenic would not be noticed as it would affect him adversly to do enough damage over time to his organs that poisoning may not be noticable as cause of death. (my understanding anyway of her explanation) But since it had been occuring for such a long period of time DR. G figured the woman got tired of waiting and decided to shoot him and claim self defense.

How does this apply here? How can they prove Casey gave the chloroform or anything that may be "detected"? For the very same reason as this other case this evidence could be thrown out. This is going to drag out for so long that they may not even be able to prove that Casey did anything to Caylee even if they find the body. They must find more evidence to connect her to the crime and I have high concerns over this and the more I think on it the more I feel there could be problems here. Even if they find the body Casey can just keep on plaing stupid until they can show a direct link.

Her car was abandoned in a highly visible area, somone could have placed evidence in the trunk during the 3 days it sat at Amscott. She can continue to play stupid with her nanny act, and they can never prove she did not have a nanny. How can you prove something did not exist? Logically you cannot.

The longer I think about this more more circumstantial the evidence appears. They had gloves and shoe prints in O.J.'s case and that was MUCH more solid evidence that he was the culprit than anything that could link Casey to her daughters death. But even they could not prove the gloves or foot prints were O.J.'s he even had a cut on his hand.

What do we have here so far? She was the last known person to have seen Caylee alive other than the "supposed" nanny. And she will keep playing the stupid angle on that one and the evidence found in the trunk of her car which was abbandoned for three solid days and then left in the junk yard for two weeks.

Now ME? personnaly? this all makes me think HARD! This did not all happen by chance, she is not that lucky or smart enough to have had such a good hand dealt in this little card game of hers. NO WAY. I really feel, the more I look at this, that she had help, I am starting to think that everything was a set up deal; including running out of gas all those times and staying away from the house. Something terrible happened on the 16th and that was "D" day. What happened in that hosue that terrible day? What did Caylee see? What went on? How did she end up in the path of destruction? I do not think this was a case of getting rid of an unwanted child, I think there is something much more horrible here that created this darkness. I think there are skeletons in the closets that have yet to surface, I just wish I knew how to scare them out.

How can they prove their case? if they cannot prove Casey's involvment? With so many "outs" she can try and take?

Back before the days of CSI, a case could be tried with common sense and logic, means, motive and opportunity. This case has all that. AND it has scientific evidence that aligns nicely with the circumstantial.
It explains why there is no body. There is no body because of the lying, the computer searches, the strange anthony envrionment that permitted a 2 yr olds absence of 31 days to go unnoticed. NOBODY knew what KC did with her days or with her child for 2 1/2 years. No One...this is so sad...thats why her absence went unnoticed. I hope here, in America, that we haven't reduced ourselves to such black and white science or lack thereof, that we have actually created a mindset that will let this obvious murderess go free.

Back before the days of CSI, a case could be tried with common sense and logic, means, motive and opportunity. This case has all that. AND it has scientific evidence that aligns nicely with the circumstantial.
It explains why there is no body. There is no body because of the lying, the computer searches, the strange anthony envrionment that permitted a 2 yr olds absence of 31 days to go unnoticed. NOBODY knew what KC did with her days or with her child for 2 1/2 years. No One...this is so sad...thats why her absence went unnoticed. I hope here, in America, that we haven't reduced ourselves to such black and white science or lack thereof, that we have actually created a mindset that will let this obvious murderess go free.

Honestly, I believe that is what is happening in this country, lawyers are playing on the mindset of the Jury that think everything must be 100% provable without doubt and with solid evidence. Smoking gun, fingerprints in blood and a photograph accompanied with a video, sans sound because of course it is illegal to record someones voice without their permission even in the commision of a felony!

Honestly, the case agaisnt Casey is weak. Most of the scientific evidence, came from the car, which had a very distorted chain of custody. They have a hard time proving beyond a reasonable doubt that there even was a death, let alone one caused by Casey. I still see Casey walking after trial with maybe probation. Maybe.

Didn't Scott P get convicted on less evidence connecting him to actually doing something to the bodies?
I think there is more here and KC will be nailed. I think witnesses and Maggots will prove she did something!

Didn't Scott P get convicted on less evidence connecting him to actually doing something to the bodies?
I think there is more here and KC will be nailed. I think witnesses and Maggots will prove she did something!

What witnesses?

Sorry, I didn't mean actual witnesses to the crime. I just meant her friends and the others on the witness list:)

I think it remains to be seen what evidence is actually thrown out. I'm not convinced that the chloroform will be tossed by the wayside because we also have the computer searches to back up the physical evidence. We also then have the defense's own WRITTEN statement about the accidental death being related to an OD of a sedative.

I'm sort of of the mindset that the cadaver evidence from the backyard will indeed be thrown out though, but I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again. We'll just have to see how it all plays out.

Ultimately however, when the O.J. Simpson case was cited, I think more than the evidence itself, it's much more relevant that OJ had Johnnie Cochran. This is a luxury that Casey Anthony will NEVER have. Had OJ had Jose' Baez (as if), you can bet your last dollar, he WOULD have been convicted.

Oh and evidences of, semen, saliva, blood, urine, fingerprints, hair, DNA, mtDNA even, ALL of these are circumstantial evidences.

The only other option is direct evidence. Direct evidence consists of (and is not limited to), a confession, an eyewitness to the ACTUAL crime (seeing Johnny flee from a crime scene is circumstantial unless you see Johnny committing the crime), a video tape, etc.....

Circumstantial evidence is actually preferred in a court of law. Eyewitness testimony is about the most flawed evidence in existence. Of course, a video would be the ideal, but that's truly a rarity. Hell, even a confession isn't always reliable.

I HATE to see the statement of, "all they have is circumstantial evidence." It's one of the most absurd statements ever made, IMO.

EDIT: I did want to clarify that no one on this thread made the statement of, "all they have is circumstantial evidence." I wasn't talking about anyone here having made such a comment. I was talking about all the times I've heard someone stating this in the past.

For all the reasons you have explained here are why I still have doubts about this case. There are just so many gaps and things that we don't know.

Even doing logic puzzles, something I enjoy doing, occasionally you have to take a leap of faith. Unfortunately this isn't a logic puzzle and there needs to be proof every step of the way.

And so we keep listening, reading, and searching to fill in those gaps and bits of as of now unknown information.

Honestly, the case agaisnt Casey is weak. Most of the scientific evidence, came from the car, which had a very distorted chain of custody. They have a hard time proving beyond a reasonable doubt that there even was a death, let alone one caused by Casey. I still see Casey walking after trial with maybe probation. Maybe.

Once LE had the car, the chain of custody was not broken. LE has no power over what happened with the car prior to them taking it as evidence.

I honestly do not see what the television show of this ME has to do with this case!! WTH?! Hello?! Reality TV!!

GMAB! I am not going to sit here and explain all the evidence they do have against this particular perp in order to get a conviction. It is there. It will convict her. They can prove their case in more ways than just the forensics. With this perp, they have motive, opportunity, and premeditation which are backed up with statements, witnesses, phone/text messages, forensics, and other things.

I think this thread is unneccessary and the title is very misleading. It has NOTHING to do with this case. For starters...look who the defense attorney is here. LOL He can't even get the proper motions filed in court which a first year law student would know to do. Sheesh!

Once LE had the car, the chain of custody was not broken. LE has no power over what happened with the car prior to them taking it as evidence.

Agreed, and when you add the squirrel comments and Casey rushing to make sure daddy and Tony didn't get near the vehicle, it's not much of a leap to say that Casey was aware of the smell.

I honestly do not see what the television show of this ME has to do with this case!! WTH?! Hello?! Reality TV!!

Well, Considering that Dr. Garavaglia is the ME for Orange and Osceola Counties and her office would do the autopsy if remains are found, (if there are enough remains to do an autopsy that is) it has a bit of relavance to this case. However, I think the poster was talking about how some evidence does not wind up in trial for various reasons and was using this episode as an example of that.

Well, Considering that Dr. Garavaglia is the ME for Orange and Osceola Counties and her office would do the autopsy if remains are found, (if there are enough remains to do an autopsy that is) it has a bit of relavance to this case. However, I think the poster was talking about how some evidence does not wind up in trial for various reasons and was using this episode as an example of that.

True! It all depends on the jury and how good their case is against her AND how it is presented at trial, as well as how good a defense her attornies can present. People have been convicted on much less evidence, and others have been acquitted with a lot more.
It will be up to the judge to decide how much of this evidence is allowed in, and that will be a deciding factor as well. We will just have to wait and see.
I personally cannot see her being acquitted considering that the case has been played out on t.v. and in the press. And that is another point... these cases get too much media attention and too often jurors minds are made up before they ever sit in that jury box.

This thread....HUGE WASTE!
ABSOLUTELY!!! How anybody can say at this point in time that they think the evidence is weak is beyond me. NOBODY knows what the evidence is in it's entirety with the exception of LE, and as far as I'm aware, they haven't had the trial yet, so to make such a statement is bogus.

Nice try, but no cookie.

Frankly, I keep hearing 'OH, but this isn't all they've got' and I'm not so sure. The document dumps thus far have contained a lot of information that has been crucial to the creation of the time line. We know about the 'death ring' on the hair and the body farm tests, if there were more than that, given all the information we already know, I'm sure we'd have also found out. Or at least, LE would have alluded to such.

I certainly think there are things we are unaware of, however I don't feel that it is anything solid enough to truly drag Casey down. I'm thinking it's more along the lines of the prosecution's theories of death and the prosecution's experts.

I'm sure Casey did it, but I can judge from the comfort of my home and with the support of people who also believe she did it, however would I easily come to the same conclusion I were on the jury? 'Absoloutely' not. Casey's lies have entangled this case and having both sides of 'evidence' presented to me if I walked into that case impartial and unaware of the many theories that support that Casey killed Caylee .. I wouldn't be so sure beyond 'a reasonable doubt' Casey did it.

They need Caylee's body - or at least some of it (and no, I don't mean a couple strands of hair). Most of all, they need somebody to break Casey down to confess. I truly believe it can be done - it just has to be somebody who Casey isn't threatened by and can play at her level. It can happen. I believe that.

Except, except, think of this:

The stain, which we have heard nothing about. I have a feeling that stain holds keys that will be the death, either metaphorically or otherwise for Casey. The stain could hold skin cells from which they can get a complete DNA profile of Caylee. The hair, according to my cousin who will be a forensic pathologist next year, the hair seems to show chloroform. I'd bet my bottom dollar that the hair will show just which drugs were ever in Caylee's body. Think about hair strand tests that are done for people to get jobs! They can get a complete drug history from your hair!

Add in, the chloroform searches, the missing children search, the people who witnessed Casey's behavior AFTER Caylee went missing, the pictures of her snuggling with TonE at Blockbuster the same night, just an hour AFTER she supposedly was waiting on the steps at Sawgrass for the Invisananny. The pics from Fusion on the 20th, 4 days post missing child. There is sooo much here that I'm not even mentioning as you know.

I believe that with this being a crime against a child and add tot hat the check fraud charges that Lil Miss Casey won't see the light of day for a VERY long time, if ever again.

I have to believe this. I have tried to remove myself from the case and look at just what we do know so far and it still all looks pretty bad to me. Add in that she doesn't seem to have competent counsel and I think she's all set for life at Lowell (isn't that the women's prison there?).

Keep the faith and don't feed the defense!

:blowkiss:

I love Dr. "G"!! She is great and VERY thorough.

Sorry just had to give her props even though some think this thread is a "waste".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back