Still Missing MI - Krista Lueth, 34, Lansing, 11 Nov 2008 *arrest*

capoly

Reaction score
Other than this simple news brief......there's nothing new on Krista.

Police continue search for missing MSU student
Police are continuing to investigate the disappearance of Michigan State University student Krista Lueth, who was last seen Nov. 11 at her home in the 1100 block of Eureka Street.

Lueth, 34, is white, 5 feet 4 inches tall and weighs about 125 pounds. She has brown hair and blue eyes. Anyone with information is asked to call the Michigan State Police Lansing Post at 322-1907.
http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/article/20081121/NEWS01/811210324/1001/NEWS

Any locals know more?

She and her boyfriend had argument/broken up shortly before she went missing. LE doesn't seem to indicate they suspect foul play. Not that I can see anyway.

Praying she's safe.

LE always say that there is no evidence of foul play. I'm wondering about the boyfriend and the fight they had right before she disappeared. I wonder how hard LE is looking for this young lady?

LE always say that there is no evidence of foul play. I'm wondering about the boyfriend and the fight they had right before she disappeared. I wonder how hard LE is looking for this young lady?
(my bold)

Everyday I check for news & there's nothing......no new searches...no LE conferences....zilch.

But until WS, I only knew of the highly publicized cases. It seems like Krista's case re LE & media activity is more the norm for missing adults.

Perhaps I am not seeing the whole picture BUT it sure does seem like Adults w/o foul play indicators and older teenagers...'runaways'...get very little attention from LE & Media.

Prayers with Krista & Family.

That is true. Usually they say that there is no indication of foul play even though the family says that the person has never just taken off to start a new life. They usually stick to this until a body is found and then they have to admit there was foul play. In so many cases if LE had looked at the cases as involving foul play the person's life might have been saved. LE need to adjust their attitude about adult and teen missing persons. Very few adults just leave home to begin a new life. Yes, teens do run away but LE need to listen to the parents instead of labeling every teen as a runaway.

It seems that LE want blood or some type of evidence of foul play...video or witness...before they will admit that there might have been foul play in adult and teen cases. Maybe the parents of teens need to say that their child is on a med that they can't be without...even if they aren't...so that LE will begin to look for them. Say they are bi-polar or something. That gets their attention. The same could be said about an adult. I'm terrible but when a person is off their meds LE will look for them. Otherwise they don't seem to concerned.

That is true. Usually they say that there is no indication of foul play even though the family says that the person has never just taken off to start a new life. They usually stick to this until a body is found and then they have to admit there was foul play. In so many cases if LE had looked at the cases as involving foul play the person's life might have been saved. LE need to adjust their attitude about adult and teen missing persons. Very few adults just leave home to begin a new life. Yes, teens do run away but LE need to listen to the parents instead of labeling every teen as a runaway.

It seems that LE want blood or some type of evidence of foul play...video or witness...before they will admit that there might have been foul play in adult and teen cases. Maybe the parents of teens need to say that their child is on a med that they can't be without...even if they aren't...so that LE will begin to look for them. Say they are bi-polar or something. That gets their attention. The same could be said about an adult. I'm terrible but when a person is off their meds LE will look for them. Otherwise they don't seem to concerned.

When my DIL's were new mothers I told them to 'exaggerate' if their baby was ill and Dr's office dismissed the need for office visit with first call. Next call make it crucial. Missing child? .....your words are going in the top 10 of my 'if child/grandchild goes missing list'!

No, you are not terrible. What's terrible is being placed in that position by LE & Media. I read of all the young teens/adults missing....some for years....and am amazed that there's not ONE person who can say if they're dead or alive!

Krista doesn't appear to have led a life or have a family that she HAD to get away from. I assume she didn't get to the point of advertising her truck for sale & assume the truck is still parked at her residence as no further mention was made of it. It sounded like she used public transportation for daily travel. No mention of car.....or did I miss that? If she didn't have a car than what transportation did she use?

Doesn't make sense at all.

Krista's myspace

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=69627212

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewAlbums&friendID=69627212

Oh well...I'm not the brightest bulb on the WS tree. Krista's missing near a month and I'm just thinking to check myspace.

She did use public transportation for travel. It would seem if she left the area of her own accord it would have been by bus, train or plane. Would think LE has checked that out. She has to be somewhere.

Police seek missing MSU student's records

Police have executed warrants for phone and financial records of Krista R. Lueth, a 34-year-old MSU student who has been missing for more than three weeks.

“We go where the case takes us; we are still interviewing everyone,” Michigan State Police Sgt. Kevin Mark said. “Just doing normal police work, so we have executed warrants on the missing person case.”

It is standard procedure to review phone records, bank and credit card statements in missing person cases. Police are looking to see who contacted Lueth, if she contacted anyone since her disappearance and if she still is spending money, Mark said.

http://www.statenews.com/index.php/article/2008/12/police_seek_missing_msu_students_records

From comment section:

ARREST THE X
12/05/08 @ 9:30am
FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND FREEDOM AND FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT. HMMM WHERE DID MY COMMENT FROM YESTERDAY GO? ALL WE WANT IS ANSWERS-THE PUBLIC SHOULD BE WARNED OF HER X AS HE IS STILL FREE.

My Friend's Sister Is Missing: Please Read, Prayers Appreciated
Tuesday, November 18, 2008 12:11:56 AM · by Bodhi1 · 27 replies · 853+ views
Powerful Intentions ^ | 11-17-08 | Charlene
A close friend of ours just received word that her sister has been reported missing since Tuesday. I am attaching a Photo. Please pass this onto anyone you know. This is urgent. She lives in Lansing, Michigan and goes to MSU. Any information you can provide to the whereabouts of Krista - please report to the authorities immediately. There is reason to suspect a former boyfriend who she just broke up with about a week ago. He has a background of violence against women. Her name is Krista Lueth. She's 35 years old and about 5'5". She rents a house...

http://64.233.169.132/search?q=cach...a+R.+Lueth+boyfriend&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=8&gl=us

The thread was pulled per request.....doesn't say why/name.

Update from 15 JAN 09:

I thought this interesting.

"Krista Lueth, 34, was last seen Nov. 11 by her friend of eight years, Rick Stilgenbauer. He has lived in the unit below Lueth on the 1100 block of Eureka Street in Lansing since last summer."

http://www.statenews.com/index.php/article/2009/01/family_still_awaits_word_on_missing_msu_studentp

Thanks for posting article, Kat. It was pretty lonely in here LOL so had kind of laid back from daily info searches on Krista. Even though the support here is supposed to be for family, we also need support should a person we've followed for months be found deceased. Not complaining mind you, there are so many missing it's impossible for members to be involved with all. Just glad your here :blowkiss:

I wondered also about the friend but wonder more about the boyfriend. They had broken up shortly before Krista went missing. His name is not mentioned in articles yet comments made to some articles indicated he had a questionable past. Perhaps LE is biding their time, waiting for him to make that one misstep that can pin him to her disappearance.

:blowkiss:Thank you Capoly.

OT~~ I have too much time on my hands from DEC 08 to JUN 09. We are going to be moving and my volunteer work will be non-exsistent until we get where we are going. I hope I'm not driving everyone crazy with all the posting on old cases. This gives me a sense of purpose to help out these families.

Should I keep my posts limited to support only? I'm new to posting and dont' want to make mistakes in where I"m supposed to post and what.

Back on Topic~ I wonder if the guy listed above has a criminal history? That would be interesting to know. I haven't seen the ex BF's name listed anywhere either.

Until we can find a name for ex BF these are the things that caught my eye about R. Stilgenbauer:

He was the last person to see and the last person to speak with Krista on 11 NOV (5:30 PM?). Her father has said in articles that he had called the evening of the 11th and it went to voicemail.

"Lueth was last seen by her friend Rick Stilgenbauer, who has subleased the apartment below her for the past five months. She recently broke up with her boyfriend, who had lived with her. He moved out of the apartment they shared between Nov. 6 and 11, Stilgenbauer said... Lueth and Stilgenbauer talked in his kitchen Nov. 11 between 5:30 and 6 p.m., after Lueth returned from class at MSU. She was concerned because her ex-boyfriend moved out and her rent would increase. She was planning to sell her truck and start working as a waitress to pay her bills, Stilgenbauer said... After Lueth left his apartment, Stilgenbauer did not hear anything from her upstairs apartment."

From what I gathered, her father said she had a class at 6:30 PM 11 NOV and never showed up? Her father said in an article that he assumed she left the house between 6:10 and 6:30.(he said he had tried to figure out her class schedule).

Professor at MSU says she didn't show up for class 12 NOV.

Father says he also called on 12 NOV, 13 NOV but went straight to voicemail. RS claims he tried to call her 12 NOV.

R.S (Stilgenbauer) subleased the apt. below hers for the past five months. Apparently she rented this house and sublet to him. (However, it was reported she knew him for eight years).

"On Nov. 13, Krista Lueth's friend visited the house Krista, 34, rented and found nothing out of place. She didn't, however, find Krista." R.S is also reported to have entered the apartment with two friends (did he have a key?, did female friend have a key? then again did she change the locks after ex moved out?)

I did not do all this research the wonderful sleuthers at:

http://www.crimeandjustice.us/forums/index.php?showtopic=13053

did all of this research on articles. All I did was just read and extract items of interest that caught my eye. Kudos to them.

Until we can find a name for ex BF these are the things that caught my eye about R. Stilgenbauer:

He was the last person to see and the last person to speak with Krista on 11 NOV (5:30 PM?). Her father has said in articles that he had called the evening of the 11th and it went to voicemail.

"Lueth was last seen by her friend Rick Stilgenbauer, who has subleased the apartment below her for the past five months. She recently broke up with her boyfriend, who had lived with her. He moved out of the apartment they shared between Nov. 6 and 11, Stilgenbauer said... Lueth and Stilgenbauer talked in his kitchen Nov. 11 between 5:30 and 6 p.m., after Lueth returned from class at MSU. She was concerned because her ex-boyfriend moved out and her rent would increase. She was planning to sell her truck and start working as a waitress to pay her bills, Stilgenbauer said... After Lueth left his apartment, Stilgenbauer did not hear anything from her upstairs apartment."

From what I gathered, her father said she had a class at 6:30 PM 11 NOV and never showed up? Her father said in an article that he assumed she left the house between 6:10 and 6:30.(he said he had tried to figure out her class schedule).

Professor at MSU says she didn't show up for class 12 NOV.

Father says he also called on 12 NOV, 13 NOV but went straight to voicemail. RS claims he tried to call her 12 NOV.

R.S (Stilgenbauer) subleased the apt. below hers for the past five months. Apparently she rented this house and sublet to him. (However, it was reported she knew him for eight years).

"On Nov. 13, Krista Lueth's friend visited the house Krista, 34, rented and found nothing out of place. She didn't, however, find Krista." R.S is also reported to have entered the apartment with two friends (did he have a key?, did female friend have a key? then again did she change the locks after ex moved out?)

I did not do all this research the wonderful sleuthers at:

http://www.crimeandjustice.us/forums/index.php?showtopic=13053

did all of this research on articles. All I did was just read and extract items of interest that caught my eye. Kudos to them.

Great Kat re time on hands...have you signed up to volunteer on the LTWH forums? (hope initials are right) They do need help to get the info on the individual State forums. I have truly learned a lot in just the short time I've been helping out there. (like CA has awesome laws and my State needs some rattling up!)

This forum, "Missing", is only for family support & information. So we are not within forum guidelines by discussing Krista as we are now. I will PM Mod Hoppyfrog and ask if he/she would be kind enough to move this thread to the discussion forum.

I have been learning also re where to post threads. At first I thought the Missing forum was the first stop but now realize the discussion forum is better unless someone with a personal connection to the case starts posting. It has taken me months to comprehend that even though it is clearly stated in each forums purpose. Thankfully the Mods here are really here for the MISSING. They have been very understanding and patient with errors. And I truly mean patient.....yesterday was the 4th time a Mod has corrected Giovanni Colon-Gonzalez's title for me!

Very OT here. Sorry all. :blowkiss:

Latest article for Krista:

http://www.statenews.com/index.php/article/2009/01/family_still_awaits_word_on_missing_msu_studentp

"Roy Lueth, Krista Lueth’s father, said Monday he’s hoping the $5,000 in reward money he has offered for information will help lead to her discovery, whether she is found alive or dead. Although police continue investigating the case as a missing persons case, Roy Lueth said he has given up hope of finding his daughter alive.

“We’re trying to find out where her body is,” Roy Lueth said. “It’s not a fact that she’s dead, it’s just my opinion.”

Krista Lueth, 34, was last seen Nov. 11 by her friend of eight years, Rick Stilgenbauer. He has lived in the unit below Lueth on the 1100 block of Eureka Street in Lansing since last summer.

Detective Sgt. Kevin Mark of the Michigan State Police said in December that in order to change the case from missing persons to homicide, police would need some sort of evidence that Krista Lueth is dead. State police also are offering a $5,000 reward for tips leading to Krista Lueth’s discovery."

Even her Father thinks she is dead, I pray that they find peace one day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back