90132 - Zip code in Italy?

belimom

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes~M.Kuhn
Reaction score
I did a quick search of "A90132" and "A90135". Mostly part numbers, etc - LOL! But when I dropped the "A", I did get a match for a zip code in Italy that is no longer in use as of 2006:

http://www.poste.it/en/postali/cap/novita.shtml

-some zip codes are no longer in use, including:

La Spezia 19138, 19139

Messina 98159

Palermo 90132

Pescara 65131, 65132

Venezia 30131

I know the family searched many places - did anyone ever look in Italy? I think I read that they did, but can't recall now.

The family and others suspected that Italy may have been a possibility, especially Palermo because of the zip code, but they didn't really know where to start do a thorough search there. There wasn't specific enough info to do much. Since Websleuths, many on here have looked for leads online about Italy, but nothing concrete was found.

There's someone from Italy who still lives there and is involved in another Websleuths case that I've been following, so I'll send her a message and see if she would take a look at this case.

The family and others suspected that Italy may have been a possibility, especially Palermo because of the zip code, but they didn't really know where to start do a thorough search there. There wasn't specific enough info to do much. Since Websleuths, many on here have looked for leads online about Italy, but nothing concrete was found.

There's someone from Italy who still lives there and is involved in another Websleuths case that I've been following, so I'll send her a message and see if she would take a look at this case.

Thanks for the info...! I assumed someone had probably followed this lead at some point or another but thought I'd bring it up just in case.

I just sent the PM to our friend in Italy, so we'll see. She has been wonderful in the other case.

I sent her a link to the sodderchildren website, so she said she'd take a look and help out if she can.

I sent her a link to the sodderchildren website, so she said she'd take a look and help out if she can.

That's great, Birdie... I hope she can help out some. :clap:

With no specific address this is going to be hard to track down... The parents both came from Italy, didn't they? They were Italian immigrants, right? Could the children have somehow gone to live with other family in Italy? I'm wondering something. Could it be possible that one of the parents were concerned about being able to feed so many children, and without telling the other spouse, set it up so the children would be sent to Italy to live with other family?

The year they went missing was a bad one for people monetarily... I'm just wondering if one parent knew the other parent would never agree, but wanted to see all of the children survive and just didn't tell the other parent. Many many stories of hard times and parents sending children to live elsewhere, "I sent my daughter to live with my cousin because she doesn't have children and I have three".... Things of that nature happened a lot during this time period...

Also::: It would make it impossible for the children to come back once the money situation became better. How would a wife tell her husband she sent their babies, without telling the husband, to live elsewhere? And how would a husband tell a wife he sent her babies away without telling her?

Personally, I can't see that happening in this family when you see how much time, energy, expense, and emotion was spent by both parents through the years trying to find them. It was so obviously agonizing for them both.

Also, the family wasn't wealthy, but they weren't going hungry either. It seems they were able to get by.

What I'm thinking is this:::

If the children were taken by someone and weren't murdered and were taken to Italy where they lived long happy lives, than the person who took them must have cared about them. The mob part doesn't really work out with this because it's been said by many people on here the mob would have killed them and dumped their bodies without thinking twice. So if this photograph was from one of the children or someone who took the children, it must have been someone who cared about the kids too much to harm them and dump bodies.

And taking five small children all the way to Italy is kind of difficult. It involves someone caring about the kids, making sure their fed, spending money on boat tickets, and food and other stuff the kids would need to survive. So... And than to keep them in Italy, to let them grow up in Italy... It takes a lot of work to add even one child into your family, let alone five. It almost makes me think perhaps the kids were taken by some of the Sodder's family, (with or without their permission) and perhaps sent each child to live with someone different in the family. Which makes it harder to track. Perhaps one was sent to Italy one was sent to Florida to the Cipriani's, perhaps they had some distant relatives in New York and Betty went there, (the photo of the ballet student was from New York).... It just makes things harder to track.

I've had suspicions all along that some extended family may have been involved, though I'm not as suspicious now as I was a few months ago. I still think it's a good possibility. I just think that if they were involved, it would definitely have been without the immediate family's knowledge or permission.

What I'm thinking is this:::

If the children were taken by someone and weren't murdered and were taken to Italy where they lived long happy lives, than the person who took them must have cared about them. The mob part doesn't really work out with this because it's been said by many people on here the mob would have killed them and dumped their bodies without thinking twice. So if this photograph was from one of the children or someone who took the children, it must have been someone who cared about the kids too much to harm them and dump bodies.

The mob didn't kill women or children back then so don't rule them out. Mr Sodder might not have paid his dues and got into it with them. Back then the miners and the mob didn't get along very well. The mob could have sent the children to Italy very easily.

I have alot of old postcards/letters in my family and some of them are "picture" postcard - actual photographs, old b/w ones. It is possible that the picture was one of those postcards and had an address on the other side (either to or from). Don't they call Italy "Italia" in Europe? And all caps is often used for the country when sending int'l mail. So it could have been the "A" form the end of Italia and then the zip? Just a thought...

Does anyone know if granddaughter had her mother look at those photos yet?

I have alot of old postcards/letters in my family and some of them are "picture" postcard - actual photographs, old b/w ones. It is possible that the picture was one of those postcards and had an address on the other side (either to or from). Don't they call Italy "Italia" in Europe? And all caps is often used for the country when sending int'l mail. So it could have been the "A" form the end of Italia and then the zip? Just a thought...

Yea, the Italian word for Italy is Italia.

The way to address a mailing label is as below:

SIG MARIO ROSSI [recipient]
VIALE EUROPA 22 [street + house/building number]
00144 ROMA RM [postal code + city + province code] Province code is two letters.
ITALY

Any of these would have been postal codes for Palermo- 90010, 90010-90035, 90037-90049, 90100

I'm just curious if anyone ever considered that perhaps the "ilil" on the back of the photo could have been an Illinois reference? The letter was mailed anonymously in Kentucky which sits between West Virginia, home to this family, and Illinois. In addition Illinois has two precincts numbered A90132 and A90135. And I may be wrong here but I thought I had read somewhere that the children's mother had previously lived or had family ties perhaps to Illinois.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I might really be grasping at straws here, but I decided to put ilil into Google translate to see what it came up with, and it happens to be "the" in Maltese...
I just thought it was interesting, considering that number is a zip code in Italy...

Is it possible that A90132 could be a license plate?

I'm doubtful, as Italian license plates in that time period didn't follow that format. Neither did Florida plates, which were supposedly the plates on the kidnappers' car.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back