1589 users online (335 members and 1254 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 380
  1. #1

    OCSO Blasts Anthonys for New 'Sighting' Pic / All Sighting Information #2

    http://www.wftv.com/news/18032990/detail.html#-

    Scroll down to story entitled:

    GROUP RELEASES "CAYLEE SIGHTING" PHOTO

    ~ snip ~

    The Orange County Sheriff’s Office blasted the Anthonys after the release of that picture.

    ~ snip ~

    The Sheriff’s Office went on to say that it’s sad that the Anthonys, “can’t look at that picture and tell that it is not their grandchild.”

    ~ snip ~

    The statement also said it’s a shame that innocent children’s pictures are being released as tips.



    I'm looking for the full statement from OCSO. If anybody has a link to it, please post? Thanks!

    There was also more than one existing thread I found where this might go, but I wasn't sure which would be most appropriate. If anybody knows where it should go, please let me know, and I'll request a merge. Thanks!

    ETA: added link
    Last edited by JBean; 11-22-2008 at 11:50 AM. Reason: add to title

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The city of rain and coffee....
    Posts
    2,147
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    http://www.wftv.com/news/18032990/detail.html#-

    Scroll down to story entitled:

    GROUP RELEASES "CAYLEE SIGHTING" PHOTO

    ~ snip ~

    The Orange County Sheriff’s Office blasted the Anthonys after the release of that picture.

    ~ snip ~

    The Sheriff’s Office went on to say that it’s sad that the Anthonys, “can’t look at that picture and tell that it is not their grandchild.”

    ~ snip ~

    The statement also said it’s a shame that innocent children’s pictures are being released as tips.



    I'm looking for the full statement from OCSO. If anybody has a link to it, please post? Thanks!

    There was also more than one existing thread I found where this might go, but I wasn't sure which would be most appropriate. If anybody knows where it should go, please let me know, and I'll request a merge. Thanks!

    ETA: added link
    GOOD for OSCO!! They're finally speaking out and refuting these absurd and outrageous statements by the A's. About damn time, if you ask me!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    848
    If I were the parent of any child whose picture was released for public scrutiny by the Anthonys, I'd be livid.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,759
    BeanE..I a going to make this the new thread for sightings and information pertaining to sightings, ok? That way we won't have parallel conversations going on about this development.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    2,098
    They should stop reporting these as Caylee sightings and call them Caylee-lookalike sightings. Completely different.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,465
    Thank heavens OCSO has come out publically on this one! These false reprts need to stop!

    I do not want to see the A's hurt or smacked for their belief and efforts to find a live Caylee. However it cannot be at the expense of innocent children who are out everyday with their family members and loved ones having photos snapped unbeknownst to them! Not to mention the fact that I can clearly and oblviously see that this child is not Caylee and IMO the A's must also know this in their hearts. Shame on D & A Investigations, KFN and MB for continuing perpetuate and to lead the A's down a path of false hope!

    IMO this is an extremely dangerous situation which can only lead to yet another sad tragedy!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,531
    Quote Originally Posted by BetsyB View Post
    If I were the parent of any child whose picture was released for public scrutiny by the Anthonys, I'd be livid.
    Agree! Normally when a pic of a minor child is shown via the media it is blurred out. What gave them the right to release the pic for the world to view, knowing that they could not identify this child as Caylee?
    If I were the parent of this child I would be talking to an attorney right now, even it was just to show the A's they need to check thier behavior and leave the investigating to the professionals.
    Maybe if they had followed NeJames counsil, he would still be representing them and this snowball would stop rolling downhill.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,087
    i think LE is getting a wee bit tired of the "stories" that the a's are promoting and all the innocent people getting called into them....I do believe they are walking on very shaky ground at this point...LE has stated that they think the A's know more---with MN resignation and all.....
    I think the poor grief stricken grandparents can only go so much furhter before they will take some form of action...perhaps kc will get company???

    jmo

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    10,681
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJax View Post
    Agree! Normally when a pic of a minor child is shown via the media it is blurred out. What gave them the right to release the pic for the world to view, knowing that they could not identify this child as Caylee?
    If I were the parent of this child I would be talking to an attorney right now, even it was just to show the A's they need to check thier behavior and leave the investigating to the professionals.
    Maybe if they had followed NeJames counsil, he would still be representing them and this snowball would stop rolling downhill.
    It'll be interesting to watch Michelle B (the "spokesperson") react to this article. I just hope she takes the time to comb her hair this time.

    MOO

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    2,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
    I just hope she takes the time to comb her hair this time. MOO
    LOLOLOL! I thought the very same thing!


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
    It'll be interesting to watch Michelle B (the "spokesperson") react to this article. I just hope she takes the time to comb her hair this time.

    MOO
    perhaps she will get into the mysterious PR guy for JB and start faxing in her comments?????
    jmo

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Anais View Post
    Thank heavens OCSO has come out publically on this one! These false reprts need to stop!

    I do not want to see the A's hurt or smacked for their belief and efforts to find a live Caylee. However it cannot be at the expense of innocent children who are out everyday with their family members and loved ones having photos snapped unbeknownst to them! Not to mention the fact that I can clearly and oblviously see that this child is not Caylee and IMO the A's must also know this in their hearts. Shame on D & A Investigations, KFN and MB for continuing perpetuate and to lead the A's down a path of false hope!

    IMO this is an extremely dangerous situation which can only lead to yet another sad tragedy!
    I have no doubt that these people care nothing about the Anthony's and only about themselves. That PI is coming close to being compared to the one who ripped off Amy Bradley's (sp) parents.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
    It'll be interesting to watch Michelle B (the "spokesperson") react to this article. I just hope she takes the time to comb her hair this time.

    MOO
    LOL...Even if someone hog tied and gagged CA, I still think she would find some way to interfere with justice for Caylee.
    Control Freak to the Max!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    20,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Anais View Post
    Thank heavens OCSO has come out publically on this one! These false reprts need to stop!

    I do not want to see the A's hurt or smacked for their belief and efforts to find a live Caylee. However it cannot be at the expense of innocent children who are out everyday with their family members and loved ones having photos snapped unbeknownst to them! Not to mention the fact that I can clearly and oblviously see that this child is not Caylee and IMO the A's must also know this in their hearts. Shame on D & A Investigations, KFN and MB for continuing perpetuate and to lead the A's down a path of false hope!

    IMO this is an extremely dangerous situation which can only lead to yet another sad tragedy!
    Such a good post!
    I do think that a lot of what we've been seeing lately from them is some sort of pre-trial strategy (in a way). OCSO is trying hard to neutralize them.
    The fact that they put innocent children pics out there is mind-boggling and irresponsible. They're willing to endanger another child for what? Saving their daughter's a**?
    Sick. JMHO

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    BeanE..I a going to make this the new thread for sightings and information pertaining to sightings, ok? That way we won't have parallel conversations going on about this development.
    Thanks, JBean!

    I'd like to put in a personal request to Tricia and the mods that all pics of children for these sightings be pulled, and no more posted.

    The reason for my request is that I'm very, very concerned that with the continuing hysteria that plagues this case, some child is going to be harmed emotionally by getting snatched, dragged to a security guard, questioned by a stranger, having their picture plastered on the net, etc. It's really getting out of control.

    We have people in this forum saying they would snatch and run with a child they thought was Caylee!!! I would like to request also of Tricia and the mods that these posts get deleted or edited to remove those statements. It's a very dangerous thought to get into the head of someone with poor judgement, however well-intentioned.

    I know I'm going to get blasted by some people for this, and I am truly sorry for any hurt feelings, but I feel very strongly about it, and the level of my concern compels me to speak out.

    Let's please take the wisest course on this.

    Thank you for your consideration.

    BeanE

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. SMITHS sighting NOW TAKEN seriously
    By goldengirl57 in forum Madeleine McCann
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 10-17-2013, 06:25 AM
  2. Mermaid sighting In Israel
    By laura08 in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-31-2009, 04:54 PM
  3. Raven Sighting Oct 14 2005
    By tiffany in forum Janet Christiansen Abaroa
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-18-2005, 04:16 AM
  4. Sheep Sighting A Mystery
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-16-2004, 07:39 PM
  5. Yet another WEIRD animal sighting.
    By blueclouds in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-10-2004, 12:53 AM