1328 users online (231 members and 1097 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 298
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Posts
    21,745

    NE - Corrie Wood, 28, Grant, 20 September 2008 #2

    Congratulations to the very hard working members of Websleuths who helped with this story.

    http://www.northplattebulletin.com/i...15555&pageID=3

    This is a very interesting take on the Corrie Wood murder and how people are posting about it.

    Whenever you get law enforcement to say something like this,

    Lt. Lynn Williams said investigators have kept an eye on the website and have read the posts but would comment no further.
    You know they read here ALL THE TIME..!!!

    Keep it up the good posting.

    Tricia
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

    CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

    OR










  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    45
    I too had heard the story of the "Truck in the ally". People were afraid to say anything, afraid of loosing business, not wanting to get involved, etc--etc.
    Hats off to NSC and the crew . Hopefully there is more to come from LE, being the investigation is at least still active and forensic results pending.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    791
    Thank you Tricia!!

    Congratulations to WS!

    And hats off to NSC, the locals, and everyone else helping with this case and being Corrie's voice
    All comments IMHO, etc etc

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Somewhere great!!
    Posts
    1,973
    Oh wow, I come back from a quick vacation to a new thread, we must be making progress everyone First, thank you all so much for your kind words However, I can' not take sole credit for this!!! There are a few other members who have been working around the clock on this case as well. Lo, Cloud, Djk -- and the rest of you I can't believe how much we have been able to accomplish, getting Corries story back in the media and hopefully staying in the media. We are getting requests from other outlets as well that are taking an interest in this case. Although, a special heartfelt hug to Frank Graham who made this article happen and front page news. Frank has been an asset to our quest!! Buy his paper, the man can write a good story
    This was our latest project that we didn't want to shout from the rooftops about. Anyway, we are always working and gathering new info. Some can't be posted because it could be vital to LE efforts in their investigation and we respect what they are trying to do here. It could also put people in danger which is something we would never condone. I am sure all of you that have this cases best interest at heart will totally understand this. But we will post as we are able to. The one thing I can and will say is that information that we do have paints Scott in an even more awful light, go figure on that one. I look forward to getting back to work full time again this week Missed everyone here from our WS family!!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    411
    Thanks NSC

    I am very pleased with how the article turned out, Frank is wonderful and I cannot thank him enough for all of his hard work. It is a wonderful feeling to know that all of us on this thread have come together for Corrie and that LE is taking notice. It really goes to show that each and every one of us can make a difference.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    31
    Thanks to everyone who continues to post on this thread. NCS we appreciate your hard work and Frank-thanks for the story. Many of you, like me have contacted Frank directly by e-mail in regards to this case and he I found it interesting that he took the time to e-mail each of us back individualy and then followed with a great story--Thanks Frank!

    This tread will no doubt have many more (new) posters-I feel proud to have been a part of this with all of the "regulars" so far. Justice for Corrie is something we all will continue to work at. Thanks all.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    49
    Well done everyone ) I notice that there are new photos on Corrie's myspace page including pics from the funeral. So very very sad.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    11,071
    It doesn't sound like this case is anywhere near the back burner at the office of LE. It is nice to hear that they are still at it and I really believe that there will be an arrest as soon as everything falls into place for them and they can take the case to the Prosecutor.

    I still don't understand why the people who showed up at the house after Scott called 911 couldn't see that Corrie had been beaten about the head and body. How can a person have the chit kicked or beaten out of them...bad enough to kill them...and no one notice? It just doesn't make sense to me. People at least bruise. I would think that skin must have been broken. I just can't figure that out. I know that she could have died of internal bleeding but there had to have been some signs on her body too.

    I also don't understand how Scott is getting away with all of these DUI's. I believe that we..where I live... still have the law that if you get three DUI's you get an automatic year in jail. Three DUI's is two to many in my way of thinking. It has also been said that Scott doesn't have a driver's license. So he gets stopped for drunken driving and no license or a suspended license and he isn't put away for a time? With his record this guy shouldn't be cut any slack. Are they waiting for him to kill someone while he is driving drunk????

    I hope that if there are people who know what happened that night....they will drum up the courage to go to LE and tell them what they know. The sooner this killer is taken off of the streets the better. Obviously this person has a terrible anger problem and Corrie might not be the last if this person isn't arrested soon. Drinking and a terrible temper are dangerous. Anything could probably set this person off. Add looking over his shoulder waiting for the ax to fall to that mix and you have dy..no..mite.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,522
    Can anyone tell me who this man is in this picture please
    http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...a=0&i=34367533

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneInOz View Post
    Can anyone tell me who this man is in this picture please
    http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...a=0&i=34367533
    The man in the picture, as well as many of the other pictures including the wedding pictures, is Corrie's ex husband and the loving and caring Father to this beautiful little girl who is left without her Mommy. THANK GOD that Kyleigh was with him the night that this terrible crime took place and THANK GOD Kyleigh still has her Daddy!!


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by NSC View Post
    Oh wow, I come back from a quick vacation to a new thread, we must be making progress everyone First, thank you all so much for your kind words However, I can' not take sole credit for this!!! There are a few other members who have been working around the clock on this case as well. Lo, Cloud, Djk -- and the rest of you I can't believe how much we have been able to accomplish, getting Corries story back in the media and hopefully staying in the media. We are getting requests from other outlets as well that are taking an interest in this case. Although, a special heartfelt hug to Frank Graham who made this article happen and front page news. Frank has been an asset to our quest!! Buy his paper, the man can write a good story
    This was our latest project that we didn't want to shout from the rooftops about. Anyway, we are always working and gathering new info. Some can't be posted because it could be vital to LE efforts in their investigation and we respect what they are trying to do here. It could also put people in danger which is something we would never condone. I am sure all of you that have this cases best interest at heart will totally understand this. But we will post as we are able to. The one thing I can and will say is that information that we do have paints Scott in an even more awful light, go figure on that one. I look forward to getting back to work full time again this week Missed everyone here from our WS family!!!
    OH isn't that the truth!! There has been a lot of inside progress going on in this case and I can only hope and pray that it keeps progressing and they make an arrest! NSC, LorinMarie, and Cloud have taken such a special interest in this case and have done a lot of work. I want to personally thank them as well as so many others. I am so proud of this article!! When you work so hard on something like we did with this and when you actually get to see the final project it really makes it all worth it!! It is amazing how so many people can come together and feel so close even though they have never met. That just goes to show how wonderful Corrie really was!! I miss her still every single day and will not give up until she has gotten the justice that she deserves! Kyleigh is going to wonder more and more what happened to her Mommy, and she will know eventually but it will at least make it a little better to be able to tell her that the person responsible is paying for what they did!! We are going to continue to work everyday and never give up. Thank you so much to all who contributed to working on Corrie's case!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel View Post
    It doesn't sound like this case is anywhere near the back burner at the office of LE. It is nice to hear that they are still at it and I really believe that there will be an arrest as soon as everything falls into place for them and they can take the case to the Prosecutor.

    I still don't understand why the people who showed up at the house after Scott called 911 couldn't see that Corrie had been beaten about the head and body. How can a person have the chit kicked or beaten out of them...bad enough to kill them...and no one notice? It just doesn't make sense to me. People at least bruise. I would think that skin must have been broken. I just can't figure that out. I know that she could have died of internal bleeding but there had to have been some signs on her body too.

    I also don't understand how Scott is getting away with all of these DUI's. I believe that we..where I live... still have the law that if you get three DUI's you get an automatic year in jail. Three DUI's is two to many in my way of thinking. It has also been said that Scott doesn't have a driver's license. So he gets stopped for drunken driving and no license or a suspended license and he isn't put away for a time? With his record this guy shouldn't be cut any slack. Are they waiting for him to kill someone while he is driving drunk????

    I hope that if there are people who know what happened that night....they will drum up the courage to go to LE and tell them what they know. The sooner this killer is taken off of the streets the better. Obviously this person has a terrible anger problem and Corrie might not be the last if this person isn't arrested soon. Drinking and a terrible temper are dangerous. Anything could probably set this person off. Add looking over his shoulder waiting for the ax to fall to that mix and you have dy..no..mite.
    NSC posted a wonderful post explaining Brusing in the previous thread.Here is a link, please let me know your thoughts

    http://websleuths.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=604

    In regard to the DWI's it is very frustrating and I am also dealing with something similar in my personal life. You often hear about all of the work being done to toughen the drunk driving laws but I am quickly learning that the laws just don't seem to pertain to everyone, it's sickening. My uncle has 4 DWI arrests this past year alone. He assaulted an officer, almost took out a bus with children and is he getting even a year in jail? Nope! He has 1 more court date left and he is only going to get 3 days. I can guarentee that he will be on the front page one day after seriously injuring or killing someone else and the public will wonder why he was not in jail and out on the road. It makes me so angry that we are not protected from these people who continue to offend.

    You are 100% correct about this man's temper especially when he is drinking. All that I can say at this point is do not believe those posts telling you that he has changed and has left his violent ways in the past. That is NOT true. He poses a great danger to the community and I hope that he is locked up before anyone else is hurt

    Also, thank you Dj! I am so sorry that you have lost such a wonderful special friend. I feel like I knew Corrie personally and it really is a great honor for me to get to see her through your eyes. I want justice for Corrie and her daughter more than ever and I know that day will come!

    It is awful that it has taken this tradgedy to bring us all together but in working on this case I really have made some wonderful friends that I hope to stay in touch with no matter what happens.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Somewhere great!!
    Posts
    1,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Eagle View Post
    Thanks to everyone who continues to post on this thread. NCS we appreciate your hard work and Frank-thanks for the story. Many of you, like me have contacted Frank directly by e-mail in regards to this case and he I found it interesting that he took the time to e-mail each of us back individualy and then followed with a great story--Thanks Frank!

    This tread will no doubt have many more (new) posters-I feel proud to have been a part of this with all of the "regulars" so far. Justice for Corrie is something we all will continue to work at. Thanks all.
    Yes, Frankie truely cares!! And I hope he won't be upset but so do others but that is all I can say at this point

    I feel an amazing bond with the "regulars" on this thread and you should all be ((HUGGED)) for working on this case because in the end it is about bringing Corrie's killer to justice and giving her little girl peace for the future. Of course everyone's involvment has been great and crucial, besides a few "bumps" -- I also wanted to give a special thanks to Maconrich who I am not sure is they sleep or not?? And Proudmama who making things REALLY clear about what most likely happend. And of course Poker Chips who has the best sense of humor I have ever encountered
    I was so tired last night from my trip i didn't get everything out I wanted to say!!!

    There is an interesting tidbit of info I can share with everyone. The night of Scott's DUI October 13th, He was charged with suspended license, driving with an OPEN container of alcohol, along with the regular DUI charges. This is the same night he was also charged with terroristic threats, and harrassment. SO, this being said ----- we need keep up all the HARD work to get the person responsible for Corries death

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel View Post
    It doesn't sound like this case is anywhere near the back burner at the office of LE. It is nice to hear that they are still at it and I really believe that there will be an arrest as soon as everything falls into place for them and they can take the case to the Prosecutor.

    I still don't understand why the people who showed up at the house after Scott called 911 couldn't see that Corrie had been beaten about the head and body. How can a person have the chit kicked or beaten out of them...bad enough to kill them...and no one notice? It just doesn't make sense to me. People at least bruise. I would think that skin must have been broken. I just can't figure that out. I know that she could have died of internal bleeding but there had to have been some signs on her body too.

    I also don't understand how Scott is getting away with all of these DUI's. I believe that we..where I live... still have the law that if you get three DUI's you get an automatic year in jail. Three DUI's is two to many in my way of thinking. It has also been said that Scott doesn't have a driver's license. So he gets stopped for drunken driving and no license or a suspended license and he isn't put away for a time? With his record this guy shouldn't be cut any slack. Are they waiting for him to kill someone while he is driving drunk????

    I hope that if there are people who know what happened that night....they will drum up the courage to go to LE and tell them what they know. The sooner this killer is taken off of the streets the better. Obviously this person has a terrible anger problem and Corrie might not be the last if this person isn't arrested soon. Drinking and a terrible temper are dangerous. Anything could probably set this person off. Add looking over his shoulder waiting for the ax to fall to that mix and you have dy..no..mite.

    I have wondered how the police couldn't tell that she was beaten. I'm beginning to think that she was cleaned up, blood wiped off etc., and the house cleaned up. That combined with a police department that isn't used to investigating murders. I could see where mistakes could be made. Besides that I wouldn't be surprised if Scott was there suggesting a drug overdose. And I agree drinking and a terrible temper are dangerous.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,522
    What is it with people with the initials SP or even the first name Scott!
    Okay so I have read through the reams of pages on here..A few things I am wondering
    I have heard / read before that a person can get just one king hit and die. Just one punch - we have had a few cases here that has happened like that.
    Being Drunk would be a disaster if you were to get hit because it would mask a lot of the pain and it changes the constitution of the body also.
    Does it say anywhere how drunk she was ? did they take Alcohol or drug readings ?
    It seems to me that this bloke did not purposely set out to kill her , but belted her one whilst drunk and it killed her.
    After all look at the size of him. I imagine he would pack a very powerful punch/kick

    I asked about the photo because I didnt know who that man was - I was leery of it the way that the child is looking at him , the clenched little fist , her body language says get away from me.
    Of course its just a photo and now that I know its her dad , and someone has said hes a really good dad then it just says that photos can be deceiving. When i first looked at it and didnt know who it was - that was the first impression i got though.

    I have a daughter around Corries daughters age and it breaks my heart that someone took this little girls mother away from her be it by accident or intent..

    And I would just ask that the person who did do this step up and tell the truth. (because I believe that they will read this I need to say this ) This little girl deserves for her Mothers death to Not go unanswered.

    Things happen, and if it wasnt intentional far better to speak up and not let it go on indefinitely, the more time that goes by the worse it will get, even by just speaking up now you would be given some sort of leniency if it was infact a horribly terrible accident, you are scared to come forward, and thats understandable, but once you come forward and you unburden this deep deep guilt you will have a weight lifted and you will be able to live, but if you do not come forward then the guilt will eat away at you, and it will kill you, and make no mistake it will come out one day ...far better for family (CLOSE FAMILY) to know that you were a stand up man , who stood tall and proud and admitted to this terrible wrong...rather than cowardly cowering in the corner ...

    Dont ya think?

    ETA I just wanted to show you all how deathly a KING HIT punch is

    http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...30688239.html#

    snipped

    PASSENGERS leaving P&O's Pacific Sun yesterday told how a man who died on board the ship had been king hit following an alcohol-fuelled fight with another man over $20.
    Then this

    http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...62-661,00.html

    DOCTORS warn a punch like Barry Hall's blow to Brent Staker could kill a player and have urged the AFL to send a strong message against sickening violence.
    And this

    http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...12/2242081.htm

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. NY NY - Corrie Anderson, 36, Jamestown, Oct 2008
    By allaster in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 12-05-2016, 10:56 PM
  2. UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #2
    By Greater Than in forum Missing Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1012
    Last Post: 11-09-2016, 05:05 PM
  3. UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #1
    By MelmothTheLost in forum Missing Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1501
    Last Post: 10-31-2016, 06:51 PM
  4. NE NE - Corrie Wood, 28, Grant, 20 September 2008 #1
    By gaia227 in forum Cold Cases
    Replies: 877
    Last Post: 11-24-2008, 11:28 PM

Tags for this Thread