Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 264

Thread: All Things Jose Baez Questions, Comments, Actions , Discussion #3

  1. #1
    Coley's Avatar
    Coley is offline You are damned if you do and damned if you don't
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    War Eagle
    Posts
    1,758

    All Things Jose Baez Questions, Comments, Actions , Discussion #3

    Jose Baez Says He Wants To Fight 'False Leads'


    http://www.local6.com/news/18052600/detail.html


    hmmmm, So he wants to fight the A's leads? Not really, but what leads are LE releasing that he doesn't like?
    Last edited by JBean; 12-13-2008 at 02:46 PM. Reason: edited title -new JB thread and removed unesessary remark.
    Baez Anthony Law Firm 1.888.URA.FOOL

    If you don't like someone or something they are doing why not lend an opinion before making one?


    "I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong." -Bertrand Russell

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,717
    I would guess that it would be those leads that there is possibly an accomplice and that evidence points to the guilt of his client. But everyone calls me a cynic.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    726
    Ok, I am not sure I understand this, is JB saying that he is going to fight the "false leads" or tips on Caylees whereabouts given to the police that were then reported on by the media? Does he not realise that the bad tips were mainly phoned in by CA?

    Or is he saying that he is going to fight the "leads" or information given to the media? Which is actually discovery released by the Sunshine Law?

    This man CANNOT be the simpleton he appears to be. I mean how the heck did he pass the bar? Whats his game? Why is making such monumental mistakes?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammiejam View Post
    Ok, I am not sure I understand this, is JB saying that he is going to fight the "false leads" or tips on Caylees whereabouts given to the police that were then reported on by the media? Does he not realise that the bad tips were mainly phoned in by CA?

    Or is he saying that he is going to fight the "leads" or information given to the media? Which is actually discovery released by the Sunshine Law?

    This man CANNOT be the simpleton he appears to be. I mean how the heck did he pass the bar? Whats his game? Why is making such monumental mistakes?
    My mother used to say god makes them god pairs them refering ( to a husband and wife) In this case client and lawyer--both are nuts

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    9,735
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammiejam View Post
    Ok, I am not sure I understand this, is JB saying that he is going to fight the "false leads" or tips on Caylees whereabouts given to the police that were then reported on by the media? Does he not realise that the bad tips were mainly phoned in by CA?

    Or is he saying that he is going to fight the "leads" or information given to the media? Which is actually discovery released by the Sunshine Law?

    This man CANNOT be the simpleton he appears to be. I mean how the heck did he pass the bar? Whats his game? Why is making such monumental mistakes?
    sadly the biggest lead is in jail and is his client and he won't let her talk since it could harm the "case" against her....he is going to try the case as the LE just gave up and decided to start after his client...

    jmo

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,729
    What false leads? Is he speaking about the leads CA gives to LE? Those are likely the only leads to come in. CA is trying desperately to taint the jury pool. I do hope the judge grants that gag order, just for CA. She is making herself look so foolish.

    This man double talks. He doesn't want that gag order due to the fact that CA will then have to stop with her "false and misleading sightings" of Caylee.

    He states he wants to respond to these false leads but his response always is, there are compelling reasons why my client cannot tell the truth! It doesn't differ except for I'm not going to divulge my strategy, you'll see at trial! What nonsense. I guess he drank the Kool-Aid too.

    I think this gag order is in need, just so I don't have to hear anymore of CA's lies about how great KC was. She is throwing everyone under a bus except for that one person who was responsible for Caylee, that is KC. They seem to have no clue what KC was truly about.

    I am so glad we got to see the real Anthony's. GA without CA around, is much more honest in his feelings. CA needs to take off those rose colored glasses....

  7. #7
    Insomnia Momma's Avatar
    Insomnia Momma is offline If not supported by a link it's just what I think!
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,015
    What I really don't get is that the gag order included the govt. from how I read it. You'd think since he kept saying his client was being tried in the media that he would WANT the gag order?

    Then again, I suppose his best defense now is letting the A-Team try to create "reasonable doubt" by continuing to focus on "false leads".

    Did you all notice how no one seemed to play his full press conference? LOL! I checked everywhere I could think of and only got snips here and there.

    I also love how he alluded to a continuance.

    Weirdo is the nicest thing I can think of to call him.
    Caylee - WE will NEVER forget. Neither will Karma.

  8. #8
    Based on the context, I think it's a typo for 'leaks'.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    3,390
    Of course he doesn't want the gag order. That would mean JB and the A's couldn't stand up in front of the courthouse on the day of jury selection with a large poster of an innocent Caylee lookalikes saying, "See! See!".
    ...the humble opinion of Jo Schmo...0 number of Days Jury Deliberated for Caylee

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,075
    SO he doesn't want the gag order but he wants the public to have less information.

    What is that. Like a demi-gag strong suggestion...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The city of rain and coffee....
    Posts
    2,305
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesHappen View Post
    SO he doesn't want the gag order but he wants the public to have less information.

    What is that. Like a demi-gag strong suggestion...
    He just wants less of the information released that reflects badly on his client. That sure doesn't leave much! But I'm sure he's fine with continuing to release all the false Caylee "sighting" info and pics.

  12. #12
    In other words, "stop picking on my poor client". Puh-leez.
    YOU are the ring-master of your own circus.

    JMOO

  13. #13
    whiteangora's Avatar
    whiteangora is offline I'm on the right track baby. I was "Born This Way"
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    5,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Coley View Post
    Jose Baez Says He Wants To Fight 'False Leads'


    http://www.local6.com/news/18052600/detail.html


    hmmmm, So he wants to fight the A's leads? Not really, but what leads are LE releasing that he doesn't like?
    Here's a false lead for that big mouth - Tell the Anthonys and Michelle B to remove the picture of that little girl from their websites! LE is not releasing anything false, Baez needs to look to his clients family for the origin of all of the false leads.
    Neighborhood Watch is...
    NOT the Vigilante Police
    http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigati...PowerPoint.pdf





  14. #14
    Coley's Avatar
    Coley is offline You are damned if you do and damned if you don't
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    War Eagle
    Posts
    1,758
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteangora View Post
    Here's a false lead for that big mouth - Tell the Anthonys and Michelle B to remove the picture of that little girl from their websites! LE is not releasing anything false, Baez needs to look to his clients family for the origin of all of the false leads.
    Exactly, I think some of the false leads could be:

    1) KC has that money to pay him
    2) He is by far the best defense atty
    3) and the list goes on but it wouldn't be to nice of me to continue
    Baez Anthony Law Firm 1.888.URA.FOOL

    If you don't like someone or something they are doing why not lend an opinion before making one?


    "I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong." -Bertrand Russell

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Coley For This Useful Post:


  16. #15
    whiteangora's Avatar
    whiteangora is offline I'm on the right track baby. I was "Born This Way"
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    5,778
    Anthony Defense Team Leaves Discs Full Of Tips
    Monday, December 8, 2008 – updated: 5:07 pm EST December 8, 2008

    <snipped>
    On November 5, 2008, Baez said, “We all believe she's alive and if these tips, if there's one credible tip in that 5,000, it's worth us going through them.”

    He’s received repeated reminders that the tips, which took 50 hours and $980 to compile, were ready for him to pick up.

    Article:
    http://www.wftv.com/news/18230424/detail.html

    ----------------------------------------------
    This might explain why Kobi has yet to examine any evidence.
    Maybe Baez is just too cheap to pay him!
    Neighborhood Watch is...
    NOT the Vigilante Police
    http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigati...PowerPoint.pdf





  17. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteangora View Post
    Anthony Defense Team Leaves Discs Full Of Tips
    Monday, December 8, 2008 – updated: 5:07 pm EST December 8, 2008

    <snipped>
    On November 5, 2008, Baez said, “We all believe she's alive and if these tips, if there's one credible tip in that 5,000, it's worth us going through them.”

    He’s received repeated reminders that the tips, which took 50 hours and $980 to compile, were ready for him to pick up.

    Article:
    http://www.wftv.com/news/18230424/detail.html

    ----------------------------------------------
    This might explain why Kobi has yet to examine any evidence.
    Maybe Baez is just too cheap to pay him!
    He's not going to cough up $980 to pay for tips that he knows are bogus.
    Especially in these tough economic times.

  18. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    B&R DuPage Co., Il..now living 50 mi from Orlando
    Posts
    428
    Quote Originally Posted by ks1 View Post
    He's not going to cough up $980 to pay for tips that he knows are bogus.
    Especially in these tough economic times.
    Maybe KC will let him use one of her "special checks" from those accounts that have $$ in them but sadly, aren't in her name lol
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Avatar: What else can be said after they name the "NFL Man of The Year Award" after him?

    "I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom, and that of all about me, seemed insufficient for the day."-Abraham Lincoln

    "The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor." -Vince Lombardi

  19. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    2,098
    This is just all too preposterous!

  20. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    3,390
    There's a lot of behind the scenes paperwork going on. This was on myorangeclerk.com re: KC Case Actions
    12/9/2008 A STATE' S MOTION TO STRIKE DEFENSE WITNESS LIST (COPY OF DEFENSE WITNESS LIST ATTACHED - EXHIBIT A)

    and today also:
    12/9/2008 A AMENDED STATE WITNESS LIST FILED

    Maybe we will get that tomorrow.
    ...the humble opinion of Jo Schmo...0 number of Days Jury Deliberated for Caylee

  21. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Jonesborough, Tennessee
    Posts
    156
    The position he and the Anthonys are taking is illogical--if they are prying "clues" out of KC to track down a kidnapper--necessary because of the allegeded threat to family--how can they square getting "clues" and not the whole story from the start to find her? If there are kidnappers involved, why would it make any difference if the woman-child led them to them through clues or by being honest with every detail? It's ludicrous in my view and plays on the sentiments of the public who can't stand the idea of a little one like Caylee being so cruelly treated.
    It makes us sick to ponder such.
    We know it is a charade devised through the logical progression of conversations between family with this reckless, child bearer. She looked for leads from mom and let it go on and on--until the mom believes it. Manipulation accomplished to avoid the biggest "mistake" in the woman-child's life--that is taking the life of another human being.
    JB does not have any revelation to use at trial. Logic dictates that if there were, LE would have been provided such and the case resolved months ago.

  22. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    11,273
    Baez was on the Geraldo show Sunday night, then on the Today Show, and yesterday was on 'The Best Defense' with Jamie Floyd on TruTv. He must have already prepared for the pre-trial hearing because he has made these rounds on TV shows. He surely does not seem worried about it, even tho these pre-trial hearings are just formalities.

    Now he says Casey is 100% innocent. Casey is possibly facing life in prison. You would think he would just stay in his office, shut up, and work on the defense he is going to present at trial. UNLESS there has been some sort of plea deal.
    **May God Watch Over All Missing and Abused Children**

  23. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    9,735
    Quote Originally Posted by LaLaw2000 View Post
    Baez was on the Geraldo show Sunday night, then on the Today Show, and yesterday was on 'The Best Defense' with Jamie Floyd on TruTv. He must have already prepared for the pre-trial hearing because he has made these rounds on TV shows. He surely does not seem worried about it, even tho these pre-trial hearings are just formalities.

    Now he says Casey is 100% innocent. Casey is possibly facing life in prison. You would think he would just stay in his office, shut up, and work on the defense he is going to present at trial. UNLESS there has been some sort of plea deal.


    (bold by me)

    one would think...that would be logical to work on a defense....perhaps he is "looking" for Caylee as well....following up on a "sighting"?????

    jmo

  24. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by okiedokietoo View Post
    There's a lot of behind the scenes paperwork going on. This was on myorangeclerk.com re: KC Case Actions
    12/9/2008 A STATE' S MOTION TO STRIKE DEFENSE WITNESS LIST (COPY OF DEFENSE WITNESS LIST ATTACHED - EXHIBIT A)

    and today also:
    12/9/2008 A AMENDED STATE WITNESS LIST FILED

    Maybe we will get that tomorrow.
    Can someone explain what the motion to strike defense witness list is please? Is this similar to a motion to strike testimony, except they're asking for all the defense witnesses not even to be allowed to testify?

    I googled but couldn't find a simple explanation.

    Thanks in advance!

  25. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    529
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy H. View Post
    The position he and the Anthonys are taking is illogical--if they are prying "clues" out of KC to track down a kidnapper--necessary because of the allegeded threat to family--how can they square getting "clues" and not the whole story from the start to find her? If there are kidnappers involved, why would it make any difference if the woman-child led them to them through clues or by being honest with every detail? It's ludicrous in my view and plays on the sentiments of the public who can't stand the idea of a little one like Caylee being so cruelly treated.

    Exactly.

    GA told KC that if it was because the family was threatened, they could all go into protective custody. That would be a blessing (imo) for this family, they will never have their lives back if they keep their identities. IF (and I don't believe for a second it's true) but IF there was a kidnapping, then you get LE's help, get Caylee, and go into hiding. End of story, baby is back home safe and sound, the A's all get to rebuild lives, and maybe even GA gets a job he can't be fired from via witness relocation.

    Maybe I'm wrong, but I seriously doubt that ruthless kidnappers would spare lives because KC is giving clues and not specifics. Just doesn't make sense.
    .
    .

    Amy’s entry to Casey on Facebook:"Amy Huizenga (Orlando, FL) wrote
    at 8:18am on May 26th, 2008
    You lost my duct tape! I was excited to have so much left! Thats why I get for giving you my purse… Stupid costume that didn’t work the way it should have…. what a waste of gaff tape…"

    Did police ever ask Amy what brand of duct tape???

  26. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,852
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    Can someone explain what the motion to strike defense witness list is please? Is this similar to a motion to strike testimony, except they're asking for all the defense witnesses not even to be allowed to testify?

    I googled but couldn't find a simple explanation.

    Thanks in advance!
    Bumping to see if someone can explain. One witness? All 3 witnesses? Based on what?

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Thoughts about Jose Baez investigators
    By ketel0ne in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-09-2010, 04:32 PM
  2. Jose Baez
    By olive in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 539
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 12:13 PM
  3. Jose Baez new conference admission
    By Kimmer in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 08-31-2008, 10:36 PM
  4. False Leads, False Reports
    By MissHolmes in forum Skyla Whitaker and Taylor Placker
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-28-2008, 12:13 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •