Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: All Things Jose Baez Questions, Comments, Actions , Discussion #3

I love me the opportunity to say once again that Casey insists she caught him from another inmate.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to debs For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MyTinkieGirl View Post
    IIRC, as far as representing Casey ...she asked when she was arrested and in jail if anyone knew a lawyer, or could recommend a good lawyer (HA! Who's sorry now??).
    I don't believe we ever got any REAL specifics of who it was that gave her info....like the person's name, etc.

I also remember hearing about her getting his business card from some waiting area in the jail...can't say if it's a fact or part of the story.
    This theory would make more sense to me of how she got his name. And I think he represented mostly hispanic people because he himself is hispanic, and he knows hispanic people and he speaks Spanish fluently, and he was probably referred hispanic clients because he was very comfortable with hispanic people being able to speak fluently with them. IMO KC probably obtained his name at the county jail either by an inmate or by an employee.

JEFF ASHTON AND LINDA DRANE-BURDICK ARE MY HEROES!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to debbie0604 For This Useful Post:

IIRC, as far as representing Casey ...she asked when she was arrested and in jail if anyone knew a lawyer, or could recommend a good lawyer (HA! Who's sorry now??).
    I don't believe we ever got any REAL specifics of who it was that gave her info....like the person's name, etc.

I also remember hearing about her getting his business card from some waiting area in the jail...can't say if it's a fact or part of the story....or just someone making a joke.

I have problems with both of those theories, based on his previous clientele. Since passing the Bar, what type of "marketing" did Jose utilize to solicit clientele?

We know it wasn't internet traffic, since his website never really had working links..... (and from what I have seen on his website, he doesn't appear to advertise himself as the "spanish speaking attorney")...

If his technique is to make business cards available at the jail (or posted on a bulletin board in the waiting area), why are there no Asian, Jewish, African American, etc soliciting his services? Is his "advertisement" written only in Spanish so that only hispanics can read it?

And who would she have asked in the jail? I would assume it would be against employee policy to refer attorneys to inmates, and I thought that KC only had access to employees of the jail during her booking before being sent into secluded confinement?

Nope...I am still not buying it. I think someone SENT Jose to the jail to see KC to offer his services. I think she told CA another "half-truth"....

Going to see when Jose's first visit (in relation to her booking) to KC is logged at the jail....

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kentjbkent For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kentjbkent View Post
    I have problems with both of those theories, based on his previous clientele. Since passing the Bar, what type of "marketing" did Jose utilize to solicit clientele?

We know it wasn't internet traffic, since his website never really had working links..... (and from what I have seen on his website, he doesn't appear to advertise himself as the "spanish speaking attorney")...

If his technique is to make business cards available at the jail (or posted on a bulletin board in the waiting area), why are there no Asian, Jewish, African American, etc soliciting his services? Is his "advertisement" written only in Spanish so that only hispanics can read it?

And who would she have asked in the jail? I would assume it would be against employee policy to refer attorneys to inmates, and I thought that KC only had access to employees of the jail during her booking before being sent into secluded confinement?

Nope...I am still not buying it. I think someone SENT Jose to the jail to see KC to offer his services. I think she told CA another "half-truth"....

Going to see when Jose's first visit (in relation to her booking) to KC is logged at the jail....
    Bolded is what I think to. This is what I posted on another thread:
    KC told her parents (in a jail house visit) that she got his name from another inmate. I don't believe that. She as much as called the inmates slim balls so I doubt if she talked to any of them------the inmates called her dirty names (don't member where I heard that). One of my BFF's thinks somebody from Fusions probably sent him over to her. But I really doubt if she got him on her own. My money is that he went to her---somehow.

BTW-If you go watch the jailhouse tape again, you can tell she is lying to them.
    Last edited by MAMABEAR; 05-11-2009 at 04:35 PM. Reason: BTW
    GA: "...I mean Im not a stupid guy...
    Det. Hussey: I think youre, I think youre a guy that knows a lot about a lot of things, George.
    (LE interview 8-4-08)

"THE MAN OF THE HOUR"
    4/2/09 Jose B.
    "I'm Sorry??? What Law School did you go to Kathy???"

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MAMABEAR For This Useful Post:

I also remember hearing about her getting his business card from some waiting area in the jail...can't say if it's a fact or part of the story....or just someone making a joke.

Casey was and continues to be in "secluded" or "protective Custody" She does not interact with other inmates. No way she received his name or card from another inmate and no way did any one as an employee of the jail give her the name of an attorney (no referrals).

I know from my experience in NYC...the ambulance chasers would wait outside the court room for the defendants first apperance before the judge and SOLICIT the family. Excuse me, someone you know need an attorney?
    -Si vis pacem, para bellum.

-Senatus Populus Que Romanus

-Why is it, if you help someone get away with a crime before they are arrested you are an accomplice...but if you help them get away with a crime after they are arrested you are a defense attorney?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spqr For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MAMABEAR View Post

BTW-If you go watch the jailhouse tape again, you can tell she is lying to them.
    I could tell she was lying the first time I watched it! LOL

At her very first court appearance, the one the day after she arrested for neglect, Jose is not with her. She had a rep from the public defender's office, a woman, I believe with her. Not sure who she was or how he got chosen - that's just my observation.

Does Jose speak Spanish fluently?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to newuser For This Useful Post:

So, if she was referred to JB by an inmate when she was in holding...who would that have been? Wouldn't it show in the OCCOC records, who he was representing at that specific time?
    If she wasn't referred to JB by an inmate then how the heck did those two hook up?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to momtective For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by newuser View Post
    I could tell she was lying the first time I watched it! LOL

At her very first court appearance, the one the day after she arrested for neglect, Jose is not with her. She had a rep from the public defender's office, a woman, I believe with her. Not sure who she was or how he got chosen - that's just my observation.

Does Jose speak Spanish fluently?
    Yup! He sur do. In fact he is more impressive when he speaks Spanish, well--to me anyway. To bad I don't speak Spanish but he seems more relaxed and doesn't seem to studder. Seems like he is more sure of himself. Maybe it is when I understand his words, they hit my brain sideways.
    Det. Hussey: I think youre, I think youre a guy that knows a lot about a lot of things, George.
    (LE interview 8-4-08)

"THE MAN OF THE HOUR"
    4/2/09 Jose B.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MAMABEAR For This Useful Post:

kageykaren is offline Lindsey Love, Universal Child your are the star & wondeful you are!
    "Does jose speak fluent spanish?" Like a slick, smooth one time hit artist Rico Swavay. With his current stomach problems I feel he hears the words of Ricardo Monteban, 'It's better to look good than feel good." I'll get back on task for this thread. Enough of the silly!
    F " All You Need Is Love !"
    ~~ HAPPY MOTHERS DAY~~
    " The Greatest gift you can give another is the purity of your attentions " Gray Wats

Lindsey Love You're A
    " FIREWORK "
    ~"Come on baby show'em what your worth, Come on let your colors burst feeling brighter than the moon as you shoot across the sky, MAKE'EM GO, AH! ,AH! ,AH!...~
    One Republic - "Come Home"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvA7Ej9N_5Y

Family friends son Stefano Langone from Kent Wa. won his Golden Ticket to Hollywood ! Enjoy the listen ...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq299kOo6C8 Soulful Spirit...

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kageykaren For This Useful Post:

Bolded is what I think to. This is what I posted on another thread:
    KC told her parents (in a jail house visit) that she got his name from another inmate. I don't believe that. She as much as called the inmates slim balls so I doubt if she talked to any of them------the inmates called her dirty names (don't member where I heard that). One of my BFF's thinks somebody from Fusions probably sent him over to her. But I really doubt if she got him on her own. My money is that he went to her---somehow.

Does anyone else remember that thier was also a rumor Casey went to school with Jose's daughter and that's how she met him?

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nanny1 For This Useful Post:

Yup! He sur do. In fact he is more impressive when he speaks Spanish, well--to me anyway. To bad I don't speak Spanish but he seems more relaxed and doesn't seem to studder. Seems like he is more sure of himself. Maybe it is when I understand his words, they hit my brain sideways.
    Yeah, he can con people better in spanish !!

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nanny1 For This Useful Post:

Ha ha Mama ... you said it all ... he is more impressive when you can't understand the language he is speaking!!
    Clue: Satsuma Edition

It was the psycho-sicko in the trailer park with a brick-o-block!

"Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter accusations" ~ "inside" motto of the CIA and the entire Anthony family!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't believe she is 4!!

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to one_hooah_wife For This Useful Post:

I wanted to add to this discussion a couple of things that might be helpful to know. Advertising is a slippery slope for attorneys. Two of the biggest "No Nos" is any form of advertisement that can lead to "in person solicitation" and "overreaching" solicitation. For example, we are not allowed to leave business cards, flyers, pamphlets, etc. anywhere for the purpose of soliciting potential clients. We also cannot participate in uninvited in-person visits or conversations directed to a specific potential client.

I'm not saying that Baez didn't employ these tactics ... just that it would be unethical and subject him to discipline by the FL Bar. We all know that it wouldn't be the first time he has stepped over an ethical boundary!!
    Clue: Satsuma Edition

It was the psycho-sicko in the trailer park with a brick-o-block!

"Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter accusations" ~ "inside" motto of the CIA and the entire Anthony family!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't believe she is 4!!

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to one_hooah_wife For This Useful Post:

Have any of the "players" used him before?
    (LE interview 8-4-08)

"THE MAN OF THE HOUR"
    4/2/09 Jose B.

Bumping up
    Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

LMAO-----I really felt that PattyG
    (LE interview 8-4-08)

"THE MAN OF THE HOUR"
    4/2/09 Jose B.

Quote Originally Posted by nanny1 View Post
    Does anyone else remember that thier was also a rumor Casey went to school with Jose's daughter and that's how she met him?
    I thought it was proven that this was unfounded and that his daughter actually went to school and graduated in Miami?

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kentjbkent For This Useful Post:

Have any of the "players" used him before?

That's one of the things I am looking at now. Got the idea when I was looking at the OC records for traffic court and discovered that one of the defendants he negotiated a plea for (minor) was most likely related to his paralegal (back in 2008) as they had the same, unusual last name.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Kentjbkent For This Useful Post:

Kathi Belich is Super!

Hello WS

It's only been about two weeks that I have not read much in the Caylee forum. I admit I needed a break, but as many here can relate, you don't stray too far. Today I saw the (Go!) Astros were posting re: Caylee and went to take a look. Songline(thank you!)has a post that was originally by Angel Who Cares(thank you too!)re: that video of Caylee in her high chair while no one says a word to her. Did I miss that while I was gone? Did you guys talk about that? I didn't go looking for the thread yet, other than first page but I will...obviously if Angel posted it you guys know...duh.

Well, all of that is to explain how I came across this video that I hope will just show the link and not the whole big box on the post(I don't know why that happens sometimes and sometimes not?).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ona0eXTYz0"]YouTube - Belich Calls Baez Out[/ame]

(Big Box: how do I make this not happen?)

If you guys have seen this I am sorry. This is new to me. I love Kathi Belich. What a professional! The first I have ever seen.

Will she still get to cover this story if there is a change in venue?

I can't stand it! HA! "Why do you keep complaining too much coverage when YOU are the one calling the press?"(paraphrased)

Why don't All journalists ask questions like this? WHY? (sorry, everyone, just very excited at how this professional did her JOB.)
    Blessings to the children of the world~May peace be yours.

Regardless of warnings the future doesn't scare me at all. Nothings like before. ~Utada Hikaru

If you lose one you greatly love, take comfort...

35. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Chiquita71 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Chiquita71!

When was that from? KB is great....it's a question I would have loved to ask Baez myself.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:

Yes, nanny1, I haven't forgotten that explanation of how Jose B. came to represent the prisoner but I remember the relative as a cousin, not Jose's daughter. I also recall all too well that the prisoner paid Jose's retainer fee with a bad check.
    Life takes a toll. Please have exact change ready.

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tuba For This Useful Post:

essies is offline "We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass
    JB is not as smart as he thinks!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb6wPSfCTrk"]YouTube - Casey Anthony: Her Parents' Attorney Speaks Out - 5PM Broadcast[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9czWaCV4nM"]YouTube - Casey Anthony: New Motion for Protective Order - 6PM Broadcast[/ame]

"It's time to tell the story of a little girl named Caylee" Linda Drane Burdick
    The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity.

41. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to essies For This Useful Post:

essies is offline "We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass
    More fom Hornsby-I like this lawyer!! He knows what he's talking about judging from his website! http://www.RichardHornsby.com

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOHcZimThz4"]YouTube - Casey Anthony: Prosecutors Fed Up![/ame]

"It's time to tell the story of a little girl named Caylee" Linda Drane Burdick
    The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity.

43. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to essies For This Useful Post:

digging your own hole

In the above clip it states that JB wants only to apply the rules to his side of any argument. And that he is not strategically using his time right to build a case against what the prosecution is going to present. Says JB accused the State and now they are on the defensive and denying JB's requests.

Imagine that? KC managed to enlist a Lawyer who ignores the rules of the court - Are we sure he's not related to the A's?

45. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Woe.be.gone For This Useful Post:

Florida Bar clears Casey Anthony's lawyer of ethics charges

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,7176801.story

47. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QB. For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast