1145 users online (253 members and 892 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

4th grade honor student hangs himself in closet Fl

NEW PORT RICHEY Saturday was a typical evening in the Tyree household.
    Jacqueline Tyree fixed cabbage, sausage and rice for dinner. Her 9-year-old son, Efrem, took his bath after dinner, then went to put on lotion while Jacqueline fixed her 7-year-old daughter's hair.
    After a few moments of silence in her son's room, Jacqueline went to check on him and made a horrifying discovery: Efrem was hanging from his closet shelf by two leather belts.
    http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2008/nov/...imself-closet/

I read the statistics but it seems to me like this is happening more and more. It breaks your heart to think of someone so young suffering such emotional pain that they want to die.

So very sad, my prayers for Efrem's family and friends.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *My posts are my opinions, expressed freely thanks to the First Amendment.*

All my prayers for this family.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

9 years old?! How unbelievable and so very sad.

proudmomma is offline R.I.P. Sweet Caylee Marie, You Deserved So Much Better.
    OMG!
    my prayers are with his family

JUSTICE
    For Travis Alexander!!
    Everything I Type Is IMO
    Unless Otherwise Stated.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzybeth View Post
    I read the statistics but it seems to me like this is happening more and more. It breaks your heart to think of someone so young suffering such emotional pain that they want to die.
    At my 6 yo's check up last week, they asked her if she ever felt like hurting herself. She said no. I was told that suicide is the most common form of death for 6 & up (to whatever age they said). I lost the focus when suicide in 6yo's was mentioned at all, much less as common.

What a sad, sad world we have become.

I am shocked. Life has no value anymore. Through all my years I would have never dreamed of what we have become.

My prayers go out to this family.
    I'ts a dogs world!

look at what is cool for kids these days? cutting themselves, being depressed. alot of them think it's cool. then they have no idea that death is permanent. so many do it as a grand gesture of god knows what. impulsive for real. scares the hell out of me.
    OCCAM'S RAZOR : "All other things being equal, the simplest solution is the best."

Oh man! What is there to say?!

Quote Originally Posted by LoveK-9's View Post
    I am shocked. Life has no value anymore. Through all my years I would have never dreamed of what we have become.

mine too.

that line is going in my blog. it sums up how i feel perfectly. thank you.

~lwr~

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveK-9's View Post

Some people are born not wanting to live, it is all they ever know.

I hope this child has found whatever peace he was missing. His family is in my thoughts and prayers.. I hope they will find peace again some day- I cannot imagine their pain.

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyM View Post
    look at what is cool for kids these days? cutting themselves, being depressed. alot of them think it's cool. then they have no idea that death is permanent. so many do it as a grand gesture of god knows what. impulsive for real. scares the hell out of me.
    Ahh, the "Emo" culture.

Wow. Sad. I wonder what was going on with this kid. As someone who has/is dealing with depression, however, I can probably relate and have more sympathy for him that most people can. What I never have been able to understand, however, is the ignorant people who think that individuals with illnesses like this can just "get over it". I don't understand that mentality at all, and to me, that's even sadder.

Quote Originally Posted by mostlylurking View Post
    At my 6 yo's check up last week, they asked her if she ever felt like hurting herself. She said no. I was told that suicide is the most common form of death for 6 & up (to whatever age they said). I lost the focus when suicide in 6yo's was mentioned at all, much less as common.

What a sad, sad world we have become.
    It is sad. My nephew talked of killing himself when he was 6 and 7. Turns out he was diagnosed as manic depressive. I was shocked. Didn't realize it could happen to people so young. My sister caught it, though, and he's been on medication til he was about 18 or so ... don't know if that's fortunately or unfortunately. While I hate for anyone to have to rely on meds, sometimes it helps and I am thankful for them.
    Actually, since he got off the meds he's been doing really well. He enlisted in the Navy and is progressing there well. He is a talented young man and very smart. I am so very glad it turned out in a positive way for him.

Too bad for this young boy Efrem. I am so sad that he felt this was the only way out. Perhaps if he had some sort of counseling or medications, this may not have happened, but who would have known? You don't think of young kids taking their own lives. It's so sad
    I pray for his soul and for his mother and family. This must be so devastating for them all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast