Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI Investigating Email That Could Land Cindy In Jail #2

Hybrid View

FBI Investigating Email That Could Land Cindy In Jail #2

Please continue posting here.
    First thread link: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75578

For what it's worth, given what we have at WFTV's link, you can't tell much about the LG email's validity. But while watching the corresponding video, I did a screenshot of what might be the original.

First, the PDF version seems to be a 'retyped' version, as it seems the original (if it is) is in all CAPS (both LG's and CA's portions). Anyone know if that is typical of either of their communications?

Second, regarding the 'funky date' in CA's email ("Sent: Fri,202120Nov 2008 6:18am"), I'm not sure exactly how it could happen, but "20" is the "hex code" for the "space" ASCII character. (You see this a lot in your web browser, when it encodes unsafe characters in URLS as %20). If this is what happened, I think we can assume the CA email was sent to LG on Fri, Nov 21.

Third, if this photo is the original, unedited email, it seems it was sent directly to KB of WFTV. But it's interesting (maybe) that it wasn't composed and sent to her directly by LG. LG's email was forwarded to her by someone, and the To: field and name after "Dear" in the greeting is missing.

I can think of two scenarios for this: 1. LG composed the email but wasn't sure to whom he was going to send it so he hadn't yet filled in that part, then later just forwarded his 'draft', or 2. LG sent this email to someone else who then removed the identifying information when s/he forwarded it to KB.

So... based on that, it's possible that LG communicated to LE and sent this in confidence to someone, never intending it to make it to the media.

curiositycat is offline The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience
    Quote Originally Posted by meta View Post
    For what it's worth, given what we have at WFTV's link, you can't tell much about the LG email's validity. But while watching the corresponding video, I did a screenshot of what might be the original.

First, the PDF version seems to be a 'retyped' version, as it seems the original (if it is) is in all CAPS (both LG's and CA's portions). Anyone know if that is typical of either of their communications?

Second, regarding the 'funky date' in CA's email ("Sent: Fri,202120Nov 2008 6:18am"), I'm not sure exactly how it could happen, but "20" is the "hex code" for the "space" ASCII character. (You see this a lot in your web browser, when it encodes unsafe characters in URLS as %20). If this is what happened, I think we can assume the CA email was sent to LG on Fri, Nov 21.

Third, if this photo is the original, unedited email, it seems it was sent directly to KB of WFTV. But it's interesting (maybe) that it wasn't composed and sent to her directly by LG. LG's email was forwarded to her by someone, and the To: field and name after "Dear" in the greeting is missing.

I can think of two scenarios for this: 1. LG composed the email but wasn't sure to whom he was going to send it so he hadn't yet filled in that part, then later just forwarded his 'draft', or 2. LG sent this email to someone else who then removed the identifying information when s/he forwarded it to KB.

So... based on that, it's possible that LG communicated to LE and sent this in confidence to someone, never intending it to make it to the media.
    Thanks for this. I had this feeling also that it was forwarded to someone who then forwarded it to KB.

Great analysis!
    "Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect" Steven Wright

Video:

TEAM COVERAGE: Controversial Email Surfaces As Casey's Attorney Appears In Court

http://www.wftv.com/video/18146538/

I don't know if this has already been posted but I found an old video (link below) re: one of the search warrants carried out at the A's..They took mostly clothes & said "hairbrush & comb", "toothbrushes", & "oral thermometer" were taken into evidence during an earlier search..Would LE retrieve these items themselves or would they ask CA to do it while they were in the home?..That seems very odd to me & now I'm not sure what to think about this whole hairbrush hoopla.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/mediace...om&navCatId=99

Quote Originally Posted by amysmom View Post
    I don't know if this has already been posted but I found an old video (link below) re: one of the search warrants carried out at the A's..They took mostly clothes & said "hairbrush & comb", "toothbrushes", & "oral thermometer" were taken into evidence during an earlier search..Would LE retrieve these items themselves or would they ask CA to do it while they were in the home?..That seems very odd to me & now I'm not sure what to think about this whole hairbrush hoopla.

It's probably easier to ask for those items than to tear the house apart looking for them.

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    It's probably easier to ask for those items than to tear the house apart looking for them.
    But shouldn't LE be wise enough to know that procedure can easily lead to what MAY have happened with the hairbrush?

But shouldn't LE be wise enough to know that procedure can easily lead to what MAY have happened with the hairbrush?
    What is their option? Turning the house upside down looking for this stuff? There are obstruction of justice charges to deter people from doing what Cindy did. IMO, everyone knows when LE, especially FBI, ask for something, you give it to them.

ETA: LE was also treating the Anthony's as victims and trusted them. They got burned.

What is their option? Turning the house upside down looking for this stuff? There are obstruction of justice charges to deter people from doing what Cindy did. IMO, everyone knows when LE, especially FBI, ask for something, you give it to them.

ETA: LE was also treating the Anthony's as victims and trusted them. They got burned.
    Not only that but how in the heck is LE supposed to decipher who's hairbrush is who's? Caylee had brown hair, Casey had brown hair..it wouldn't be an easy task to guess at IMO. Not only that but CA and GA had LE fooled into thinking they were actually worried about thier grandaughter and WANTED to help..yeah right.
    A Mother's love is a lifelong commitment
    to selflessness

IMO, everyone knows when LE, especially FBI, ask for something, you give it to them.

To quote a wise and gentle man (who has since been quoted by MN and others), "Everyone who tries to help the Anthonys ends up getting body slammed." Even the FBI! Incredible. Really.

Martha Stewart went to Federal Prison, not because of what she did, but because she "lied to Federal Investigators."

If it turns out there's proof that CA or GA have lied to Federal Investigators, then they must be charged. (After Casey's trial, so they can't plead the 5th.)

sharpar is offline If dogs dont go to heaven I want to go where they are
    Silly LE they probably thought CA would help them to find her grandaughter since she called them for help .

But at that time, they had no reason to think the A's would act any different than other people/parents/grandparents when a child is missing.

All kinds of hugs!

ROSIE

I think that early on in this investigation, LE really believed that George and Cindy would do anything to bring back Caylee. I don't think that they thought that G and C might have a plan for skewing the investigation so Caylee is never found. In other words, they did not realize that George and Cindy already knew Caylee was dead and they were going to try and save Casey. I mean, who thinks like that???

Good question. I would assume that they would need to ask about certain items that are not obvious...For example, a child's toothbrush is obvious. A hairbrush is not...They would most likely need to ask what brush Caylee was using, or which one was hers, etc...
    Death Leaves A Heartache No One Can Heal. Love Leaves A Memory No One Can Steal. Rest In Peace Caylee.

Quote Originally Posted by cacnotcam View Post
    Good question. I would assume that they would need to ask about certain items that are not obvious...For example, a child's toothbrush is obvious. A hairbrush is not...They would most likely need to ask what brush Caylee was using, or which one was hers, etc...
    That makes sense & if CA really did pull this switch-a-roo under those circumstances (I always thought she was asked to bring it to LE) then it's way worse then I first thought.

Zoe Bogart is offline Let's not ask for the Moon, we have the Stars
    In the beginning, LE were thoughtful of the Anthonys' plight and thought they'd be more than willing to help LE find Caylee, their missing granddaughters. They didn't expect these people to cover up for a murderer. In a missing child case, it's not unusual for the police to ask the family to gather anything with the child's DNA on it: hairbrush, toothbrush, clothing, favorite toys.

For this reason alone I believe LE should lock this woman in a cell far away from her nasty daughter. They shouldn't be allowed to see each other ever again. I'm horrified she has chosen to cover up for Casey rather than get justice for little Caylee.
    My brain is copyright-protected.
    Please pardon any typos. I'm a lousy typist and an even worse proofreader.

Big Brother and the Thought Police have arrived
    1984 by George Orwell (1949)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by cacnotcam View Post
    Could be, I can see that. I can also see LE being onto all of them in the first few minutes they were first there. Maybe LE wanted to see if they would be given what they asked for & needed or if CA was going to try and fool em.
    We might be surprised at this but I bet LE wasn't.

Did anyone watch WFTV news at 11pm? Earlier someone posted that the station ran a teaser where Cindy said she wasn't scared of being arrested.

Did anyone watch WFTV news at 11pm? Earlier someone posted that the station ran a teaser where Cindy said she wasn't scared of being arrested.
    I totally believe CA said that & hope someone got to watch WFTV!

I totally believe CA said that & hope someone got to watch WFTV!

She did say it. I was the one that saw it and posted on it earlier. I watched the 11pm news and they just replayed the same "snippit"/teaser. I just checked and they don't have a link up yet. Maybe tomorrow ??? Or maybe we'll get lucky and the FBI will swarm in on her tonight..

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaKatz View Post
    She did say it. I was the one that saw it and posted on it earlier. I watched the 11pm news and they just replayed the same "snippit"/teaser. I just checked and they don't have a link up yet. Maybe tomorrow ??? Or maybe we'll get lucky and the FBI will swarm in on her tonight..
    To hopefully get the real hairbrush, not the fake real hairbrush, why is this sounding familiar?

I'm a Nana so this whole case is hitting me really hard. But how could you cover for the very person responsible for the loss of your granddaughter?

I get the feeling that Cindy has covered for KC for so many years, on so many things and in so many ways she didn't give it a second thought. I hope she does get arrested for this.

Is anybody in the Anthony family an advocate for Caylee? Anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by ValleyGirl View Post
    I'm a Nana so this whole case is hitting me really hard. But how could you cover for the very person responsible for the loss of your granddaughter?

I get the feeling that Cindy has covered for KC for so many years, on so many things and in so many ways she didn't give it a second thought. I hope she does get arrested for this.

Is anybody in the Anthony family an advocate for Caylee? Anybody?
    IMO, no one in the family has EVER advocated for Caylee & it started before she was even born. CA says she "knew" KC was pregnant but didn't confront her b/c she knew KC would come to her when ready. As a mother, grandma to be & a nurse, I would want my daughter & her unborn child to be as healthy as they could be. Advocating usually means confronting something that is causing an in- justice to someone. NO prenatal care asap is showing you don't give a crap about your daughter or the unborn child.

Not knowing where your grand child is all day and often over night........that's not advocating. Casey didn't have the best track record of telling the truth. I wouldn't have believed a darn thing she said about where she was spending her time.

No one has ever advocated for this little girl. Caylee was like a cute charm for KC & Cindy to dangle. What a freaking shame.

Quote Originally Posted by LeLe1953 View Post
    IMO, no one in the family has EVER advocated for Caylee & it started before she was even born. CA says she "knew" KC was pregnant but didn't confront her b/c she knew KC would come to her when ready. As a mother, grandma to be & a nurse, I would want my daughter & her unborn child to be as healthy as they could be. Advocating usually means confronting something that is causing an in- justice to someone. NO prenatal care asap is showing you don't give a crap about your daughter or the unborn child.

Not knowing where your grand child is all day and often over night........that's not advocating. Casey didn't have the best track record of telling the truth. I wouldn't have believed a darn thing she said about where she was spending her time.

No one has ever advocated for this little girl. Caylee was like a cute charm for KC & Cindy to dangle. What a freaking shame.
    That is a very good point, one I had not considered. She was at that time allowing Caylee to possibly suffer while she indulged kc's lies. There are so many things that can go wrong, Caylee's life could have been in danger at that time and no one would have known. (and obviously didn't care)

respectfully snipped

[QUOTE=LeLe1953;2990081]IMO, no one in the family has EVER advocated for Caylee & it started before she was even born. CA says she "knew" KC was pregnant but didn't confront her b/c she knew KC would come to her when ready.QUOTE]

Your teenage, unmarried daughter seems pregnant and you don't mention it to her????// Not where I grew up! LOL I can understand waiting a day or so after I realized to stop reeling and gather my thoughts but placidly waiting for her to think to mention it...no way! Maybe she is also waiting till Casey is ready to produce Caylee too. Grrrrr!
    Last edited by Paintr; 11-26-2008 at 02:03 AM. Reason: typo
    JMO

RIP Travis Alexander

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast