UK - Man jailed for raping, impregnating his daughters, Sheffield, 2008

Was just about to post a link

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...l-and-his-27year-reign-of-terror-1035151.html

So incomprehesible. This has left me feeling sad and angry, poor family. I wonder where the mother is?

What with this and dear Baby Peter, I am ashamed to be English:mad:

I know! but I tell you, Scotland is no better, I'm sure & same with the States...what a world!!!!!

Hubby was listening to Radio 4 last night & they said the mother had left!!! Why didn't she report it??? wth!!!! will try finding more info with regards to that...

I know! but I tell you, Scotland is no better, I'm sure & same with the States...what a world!!!!!

Hubby was listening to Radio 4 last night & they said the mother had left!!! Why didn't she report it??? wth!!!! will try finding more info with regards to that...

well, The Independent article says:

Eventually the mother abandoned the family, leaving the two daughters and a son to live with their father in a council house. It is believed they had been too terrified to tell her about the attacks. The teenage boy was forced to sleep on the floor on the landing. "All the family were frightened of him. When they heard his car pulling up outside the house, the children and their mother ran to their respective rooms," said Nicholas Campbell QC, for the prosecution.

if he was such a brute, how could she just 'abandon' her kids to him without reporting it???? and ok, she apparently didn't know, but i reckon she chose not[I/] to know...not like he had a sound-proof basement or something...jaysus!!!! i really....don't....get....IT! :furious:

From The Times
March 11, 2010

System failed family of ‘the British Fritzl’

A father who repeatedly raped his two daughters and made them pregnant 18 times during a tyrannical 35-year campaign of physical and sexual abuse escaped detection because of a litany of failings by care professionals, a report revealed yesterday. :furious:

Agencies involved with the family failed to confront the man even though they strongly suspected for many years that he was the father of the girls’ seven babies, some of them born with severe genetic defects. :furious:

An independent review of the case, whose summary was published yesterday, disclosed that more than 100 care professionals from 28 agencies were involved with the family in Sheffield and Lincolnshire from 1973 to 2008. :furious: :furious:

The white British family moved home 67 times as the father, who controlled his wife and children through “violence, intimidation, bullying and emotional control”, sought to evade detection. “Numerous opportunities” to intervene were missed. Seven times allegations of incest were passed to social workers, police and health professionals and there were a further 12 reports of the man being violent to his children. The agencies exchanged suspicions and held 16 child protection meetings but no one took any steps to remove the girls. :furious: :furious: :furious:

The report by Pat Cantrill, an assistant chief nursing officer, found care workers were too willing to accept the parents’ assurances and failed to talk to, or listen to, the children. :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:
The 57-year-old man, who — to protect his children — cannot be named, received 25 life sentences and was ordered to serve a minimum of 19½ years after admitting multiple rapes in November 2008, six months after his daughters told a social worker of their ordeal, which began when one was 5. His tariff was later reduced to a minimum of 14½ years. :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

more details here (3pages) -- better take your blood pressure medicine :mad:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article7056837.ece

We live in a world where some of us are trying to do our best, and others are doing their worst. Maybe one day we'll discover the gene that separates the two.

This story makes me ill, those poor kids, all of them, the two girls who are the mothers, and their poor babies. This guy doesn't deserve to live as far as I can see, and there's a whole chitload of them that I read about here every day that I'd place in the same category. I mean, if a person is on this earth, anddeliberately harms their own family members it's doubtful society in general has anything to gain by that person being alive either!

I have a crazy idea, and it would be cruel to the individuals, but I have to wonder what would happen if all these scumbags were put to death for a period of say 1-2 generations, 25-50 years? Would it clean up our gene pool if this trash wasn't around to either conceive or distribute their sperm?

Sorry for the rant. I'm just tired of reading about dying babies, and abused babies and children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alissa000ag
Back