Any truth to CA's claim about OCSO authority over any agency's investigation of a tip

bobodedoo

Reaction score
I posted this in the CA on Today show thread but was thinking it might need special attention.

Can anyone tell me whether it is true, that the OCSO would have the ultimate power and authority over a LE agency in any other jurisdiction or state and be able to tell them, "no, don't follow up on that lead/tip/alleged sighting"?

I have my doubts about this ... unfortunately, CA made a valid point, that OCSO loses nothing by permitting other agencies to investigate a lead and report back - no manpower, no time, no money, other than that which is required to review the report back from the other agency.

Thanks in advance for your help on this one.

Has anyone contacted the agency to find out if it's true? I'll have to ask my Dad about that - he's worked on so many cases, I've never heard a thing like this, I'm sure he might know something

I posted this in the CA on Today show thread but was thinking it might need special attention.

Can anyone tell me whether it is true, that the OCSO would have the ultimate power and authority over a LE agency in any other jurisdiction or state and be able to tell them, "no, don't follow up on that lead/tip/alleged sighting"?

I have my doubts about this ... unfortunately, CA made a valid point, that OCSO loses nothing by permitting other agencies to investigate a lead and report back - no manpower, no time, no money, other than that which is required to review the report back from the other agency.

Thanks in advance for your help on this one.

First I will not believe anything that spews out of her mouth anymore. She has zero crediblity in my eyes.

I think OCSD is in a catch 22. The reports prove a deceased Caylee, so if they continue to look for a live Caylee, there is reasonable doubt. I'm sure the detectives and prosecutors know more than we have been told. They wouldn't just close this case if they weren't sure. Caylee is deceased and CA is trying to taint the jury pool. I'd love for Caylee to walk hand in hand with her grandparents, sadly, that's not going to happen.

Actually Trac, several people responded in the CA on Today thread indicating that they don't believe this could be true. Not sure that anyone has yet fessed up to being LEO and stating that it is fact yet (haven't checked the thread within the last 1/2 hour).

No, absolutely untrue. No seperate county or municiple police department would be "permission" from OSCO to follow up on a sighting of a missing child. Where the heck would CA get such a wacky idea?

That's not to say that OSCO cant call the other agency and say, "look man...there just isnt any way this girl is alive. Ya'll are wasting your time."...they can voice their opinion, certainly.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back