821 users online (141 members and 680 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha

Caylee "sighting" Reports and Tips Part 2

Hi Everyone,

First, let me thank you all for posting less and less negative posts. You all are dong an incredible job. More and more visitors from around the world are reading your posts. It is a compliment to you all that so many want to read what you write.

A new rule. There are going to be all kinds of pictures of little girls who look like "Caylee."

Please do not post the actual pictures. Provide a link to the media outlet with the picture. These innocent kids do not need to have their pictures spread around the Internet any more than they already are.

I will be removing the most recent pictures on the forum.

Thanks again for your help,
    Tricia
    Last edited by JBean; 11-27-2008 at 12:14 PM.
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Is anyone lending any credibility to the sworn statements of the couple with the puppy at the airport? Their statements were very detailed and it just makes me worry about the creation of reasonable doubt.

I know in my heart that Caylee is dead. It's not about that. It's more about what a jury will do when they read these two statements. Could there be another Caylee Maria Anthony? I looked up the manifest but THAT has not been released. Just the subpoena to produce it.

Maybe it was a ruse?? Smoke and mirrors??

July 2nd? That is just impossible in my opinion. What do you all think???
    Can you just give us a simple yes or no, Cindy??

That woman was on here earlier. She was the poster,.. TellingTheTruth. Here is her thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71901

Quote Originally Posted by Hailiejade77 View Post
    That woman was on here earlier. She was the poster,.. TellingTheTruth. Here is her thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71901
    Be careful here. We had a lot of trouble with discussions about this poster's claims. Since she is a member you cannot attack her. Discussion about this has been offlimits up to this point. If you all want to try again and perhaps reference it just beware. If it gets out of control like it did before it will get shutdown.

Not talking to you specifically hailiejade, but everyone.

Oh I didn't mean any harm! I just wasn't sure if they knew she had a thread. You can pull it if you want!

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie Treat View Post
    Is anyone lending any credibility to the sworn statements of the couple with the puppy at the airport? Their statements were very detailed and it just makes me worry about the creation of reasonable doubt.

I know in my heart that Caylee is dead. It's not about that. It's more about what a jury will do when they read these two statements. Could there be another Caylee Maria Anthony? I looked up the manifest but THAT has not been released. Just the subpoena to produce it.

Maybe it was a ruse?? Smoke and mirrors??

July 2nd? That is just impossible in my opinion. What do you all think???
    I wonder if it's possible that the person that saw her has the date wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Baznme View Post
    Maybe. She definitely had the gates at the airport wrong. the gates that she stated she was at don't exist at TPA, they were for the gates where she got off the plane in Atlanta (I think).
    This OPINION is MINE. There are MANY like it, but this one is MINE.

I reserve the right to at any time.

Want to know what all the hip, environmentally friendly babies are wearing this year?
    Check out Nana's Natural Nappies for the best choices in cloth diapering and accessories.
    Natural and organic products are available for mom, too!
    10% discount on all orders over $50 during grand opening. US only.

Could be, but I would think it would be fairly easy to verify what flight(s) the tipster took and when. I would like to think LE would have looked at that information in determining the validity of this tip.

Quote Originally Posted by MaedchenX View Post
    Could be, but I would think it would be fairly easy to verify what flight(s) the tipster took and when. I would like to think LE would have looked at that information in determining the validity of this tip.
    I know from the FBI and OSCO interviews, LE has painstakingly explained to Cindy the different ways they checked this particular tip out--at the airport itself, subpoenaing the airline, checking the flight manifest and they could not find a shred of credibility.

They met with the witness and her son (at a McDonalds?) and drew sketches.

I do believe it was a false sighting, and it will be somehow introduced by the defense, but my impression is that it was thoroughly looked into and found to be a dead end, unfortunately.

She definitely had the gates wrong, but she was on that flight from Orlando International on July 2nd, according to the Airtran records that were released in early November:

(Around the middle of the page, Wanda W. boarding with a Yorkie Terrier)
    http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photog...38_Page_06.htm
    Last edited by PaperMoon; 11-28-2008 at 01:04 AM. Reason: correcting typo :)

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge"
    . ~ Stephen Hawking

Great, Fox gave the woman new breath on her claim, posting an article on her and the "sighting". :|
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,461348,00.html

We have long debunked the woman on her gate thing ( I even posted a pic of my daughter at an AirTran gate from our July Disney trip, showing how gates don't have letters, like she claimed), and both the FBI and LE has long ruled the sighting out. What more is it going to take? (I saw someone point out that she is a Yorkie breeder... is there a chance she knew the Anthony's before Caylee went missing, through them getting their dogs from her?)

Quote Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
    Great, Fox gave the woman new breath on her claim, posting an article on her and the "sighting". :|

We have long debunked the woman on her gate thing ( I even posted a pic of my daughter at an AirTran gate from our July Disney trip, showing how gates don't have letters, like she claimed), and both the FBI and LE has long ruled the sighting out. What more is it going to take? (I saw someone point out that she is a Yorkie breeder... is there a chance she knew the Anthony's before Caylee went missing, through them getting their dogs from her?)
    This woman would have to be really crazy to expose herself and her son to the ridicule and scorn her report generated. Frankly, I think her story was not "investigated" very thoroughly by any LE agency, because they believe Caylee is dead.

I remember clearly reading that the airline video had been taped over by the time LE asked for it. The flight manifest is also suspect, imo. There seems to exist a somewhat careless attitude in documenting small children.

I don't know if Caylee is alive or not. But I do believe that, from what I've read, this particular report was so detailed that if it was a contrived attempt at deceit, Wanda should have been charged with making a false report. She wasn't. She was summarily dismissed and branded a publicity seeker. That is truly unfortunate, because while she may have been mistaken about gate numbers, this woman AND her own child, saw and heard a little girl who well may have been Caylee.

KC's confident attitude throughout all this has always given me pause. Given that she is nothing more than your ordinary lazy and stupid tart, a deceitful mental midget, what could she have done with the baby that so far has defied all attempts to locate her?

The only things I can imagine is that she voluntarily gave the child to someone and is awaiting expiration of a time frame to prevent intervention by her parents....OR she fed the baby to alligators. Why on earth are there so many alligators in a heavily populated state anyway?

And before anyone asks, NO, I don't know whose "dead body" was in her trunk, if indeed there was one. I don't believe LE knows either and therein lies the real issue. Their forensics are far from definite, from everything I read. There has been no release of DNA evidence from the "stain". They have one hair with a very disputable "death band" and analysis of a "smell" that was over a month old.

If she did kill her daughter, I hope LE has much more than has been released to the public. The death of that child should be punished to the ultimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post

There certainly could be a chance that she knew the Anthony's because of their dogs. There is even a forum for Yorkie owners and breeders. People from all over the United States go there to post about their dogs.

I just cannot see how anyone could refute the DNA results or the Cadaver dogs hitting in the yard and car. Bless Caylee's little heart, she is flying with the Angels. We will see the evidence at trial that she is no longer with us.
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaF513 View Post
    This woman would have to be really crazy to expose herself and her son to the ridicule and scorn her report generated. Frankly, I think her story was not "investigated" very thoroughly by any LE agency, because they believe Caylee is dead.

I remember clearly reading that the airline video had been taped over by the time LE asked for it. The flight manifest is also suspect, imo. There seems to exist a somewhat careless attitude in documenting small children.

I don't know if Caylee is alive or not. But I do believe that, from what I've read, this particular report was so detailed that if it was a contrived attempt at deceit, Wanda should have been charged with making a false report. She wasn't. She was summarily dismissed and branded a publicity seeker. That is truly unfortunate, because while she may have been mistaken about gate numbers, this woman AND her own child, saw and heard a little girl who well may have been Caylee.

KC's confident attitude throughout all this has always given me pause. Given that she is nothing more than your ordinary lazy and stupid tart, a deceitful mental midget, what could she have done with the baby that so far has defied all attempts to locate her?

The only things I can imagine is that she voluntarily gave the child to someone and is awaiting expiration of a time frame to prevent intervention by her parents....OR she fed the baby to alligators. Why on earth are there so many alligators in a heavily populated state anyway?

And before anyone asks, NO, I don't know whose "dead body" was in her trunk, if indeed there was one. I don't believe LE knows either and therein lies the real issue. Their forensics are far from definite, from everything I read. There has been no release of DNA evidence from the "stain". They have one hair with a very disputable "death band" and analysis of a "smell" that was over a month old.

If she did kill her daughter, I hope LE has much more than has been released to the public. The death of that child should be punished to the ultimate.
    My bold and italics-this intrigues me. What is disputable about the death band and the MtDna analysis done on the hair?

This is a snip from an article published on Forensic Hair Analysis, including techniques and error rates as well as why mtDNA testing is more accurate then simple microscopic analysis, and what laws make the science of hair analysis accepted for years in the scientific community:

"Forensic examinations of human hairs have been performed for years. Depending on the microscopist’s training and experience, and the condition of the evidence, the potential rate of error of the technique is very low. The techniques are not novel and there exists a body of literature dealing with human hair characteristics and the reliability of forensic hair comparisons. It is true that hair comparisons, as do all other sciences, depend on the judgement and experience of the examiner; but hair examiners are scientists and not simply technicians. That is why they can reliably make the necessary value judgements that come from their scientific education, training, and experience."

here is the source of the information:
    http://www.modernmicroscopy.com/main...icle=36&page=1
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    My bold and italics-this intrigues me. What is disputable about the death band and the MtDna analysis done on the hair?

This is a snip from an article published on Forensic Hair Analysis, including techniques and error rates as well as why mtDNA testing is more accurate then simple microscopic analysis, and what laws make the science of hair analysis accepted for years in the scientific community:

"Forensic examinations of human hairs have been performed for years. Depending on the microscopist’s training and experience, and the condition of the evidence, the potential rate of error of the technique is very low. The techniques are not novel and there exists a body of literature dealing with human hair characteristics and the reliability of forensic hair comparisons. It is true that hair comparisons, as do all other sciences, depend on the judgement and experience of the examiner; but hair examiners are scientists and not simply technicians. That is why they can reliably make the necessary value judgements that come from their scientific education, training, and experience."

here is the source of the information:
    http://www.modernmicroscopy.com/main...icle=36&page=1
    Thank you, I feel that matter of the hair containing dna of Caylee and signs of decomp can be put to rest. There really isn't an argument against it not being hers, if the results were reported correctly to the public. The hair tested cinched the results of her passing for me, as unfortunate as it is. But at least there is little doubt, now only if the A's will believe it.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast