708 users online (87 members and 621 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha

AR - Anne Pressly, 26, raped & murdered, Little Rock, 20 Oct 2008 #2

Please continue.....
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

"It appears to be a random accident," he said. "Vance was not stalking." These are words from Lt. Terry Hastings, the public information officer for the Little Rock Police Department.

Have you ever heard of a random accident in a case like this?

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=6344961

Quote Originally Posted by Trino View Post
    "It appears to be a random accident," he said. "Vance was not stalking." These are words from Lt. Terry Hastings, the public information officer for the Little Rock Police Department.

Have you ever heard of a random accident in a case like this?

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=6344961
    Maybe he means that in the sense that Vance wasn't stalking her, so because Vance didn't know who she was beforehand and just followed her home that night, it was random. Just my guess as to what he's saying. MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

He may mean incident.
    Lashelle

"Remember, They will never buy the cow if they can get the eggs for free! " ... Kelly Bundy

I am guessing he means indicent instead of accident. There was nothing accidential about what happened to Anne.

The randomness of it I can agree with. She just looked like a good target to him and he followed her home. Now Anne is dead, murdered in a horrific fashion, and her attacker is facing the death penalty.
    A is A - Ayn Rand

How could someone,,,if only a DUI and traffic tickets, go from that to a cold blooded killer?

I thought I'd heard earlier that they were looking for 2 men..

Quote Originally Posted by Lorma View Post
    How could someone,,,if only a DUI and traffic tickets, go from that to a cold blooded killer?

Drugs, maybe? I could see some high on meth or crack bludgeoning her to death. MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

Ya know, I just can't believe that there's not more to it. He doesn't look like the suspect I had in mind
    Even though the police said that the picture is not a mugshot, it really sure does looks like one to me. Where'd they get it? They said he has no violent past, but he was armed and dangerous, and I'm assuming his DNA was on record.
    He's hip to the jive, (slashes shaved in eyebrows, pimp ride) and probably has tons of connections. I just want to know more about how and why on earth he wound up attacking Anne.
    I sure am grateful for the arrest, though, and look forward to his arraignment and trial

Quote Originally Posted by nomad View Post
    Ya know, I just can't believe that there's not more to it. He doesn't look like the suspect I had in mind
    Even though the police said that the picture is not a mugshot, it really sure does looks like one to me. Where'd they get it? They said he has no violent past, but he was armed and dangerous, and I'm assuming his DNA was on record.
    He's hip to the jive, (slashes shaved in eyebrows, pimp ride) and probably has tons of connections. I just want to know more about how and why on earth he wound up attacking Anne.
    I sure am grateful for the arrest, though, and look forward to his arraignment and trial
    There's a nasty rumor that's been going around town that someone was hired to "rough her up." It seems like a crazy rumor, but not more crazy than some random robbery where they did what they did to her and only took a couple of things from her house. That makes no sense.

The only other guess I have is that if it were random when she fought back he lost it. She was 6 feet tall, about the same height as him and supposedly in good physical condition from the gym.

The other thing is that a LE official on the inside said it was not random...he said if you went in the house you would know it was not random. This was a private conversation, not public.

Also a huge rumor is that it was two men, not one. The www.arktimes.com blog today stated that LE went to her home at 2:30 a.m. today and were looking around her yard and neighbors yards...so evidentally he was talking and they were looking for evidence that might have been missed.

I believe there's a lot more information to come and that she was not just a random victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorma View Post

I would bet this is the first time on record of violence, I have a hard time with a few tickets and than this horrific crime.

beaglebrd said:

There's a nasty rumor that's been going around town that someone was hired to "rough her up." It seems like a crazy rumor, but not more crazy than some random robbery where they did what they did to her and only took a couple of things from her house. That makes no sense.

Thanks beaglebrd for saying that- thats exactly what was popping in my head as I wrote that post.
    Another thought, though probably crazy, is maybe he works for the cops and they're staging something? In the theory that he (or someone) was hired. I know, I know just say, "Lady you're crazy!" But I thought that for a second too. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by nomad View Post
    beaglebrd said:

Thanks beaglebrd for saying that- thats exactly what was popping in my head as I wrote that post.
    Another thought, though probably crazy, is maybe he works for the cops and they're staging something? In the theory that he (or someone) was hired. I know, I know just say, "Lady you're crazy!" But I thought that for a second too. LOL
    They said he was found on a tip. I'm not sure if they meant a tip initially or last night after the news conference or both. I do believe they said after the 10 p.m. news conference they got a tip (they would have had to have gotten a tip to find him in a home in LR, I think)...and found him at a house. His car was a few blocks away. When he attacked AP, his car could have been parked two blocks away and not been near a home...meaning, she lived less than two blocks from stores that line the main street through the Heights.

I figure there is more to this. BUT having this guy behind bars is a reasonable start. With the limited information on hand, its really hard to say what really happened (or didnt).

He can be part of something bigger. Random crimes do happen, also. Small time criminals do make the jump to bigger crimes. Etc.

The whole thing is still horribly sad, and makes me physically ill to think about.
    Lashelle

"Remember, They will never buy the cow if they can get the eggs for free! " ... Kelly Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by beaglebrd View Post
    They said he was found on a tip. I'm not sure if they meant a tip initially or last night after the news conference or both. I do believe they said after the 10 p.m. news conference they got a tip (they would have had to have gotten a tip to find him in a home in LR, I think)...and found him at a house. His car was a few blocks away. When he attacked AP, his car could have been parked two blocks away and not been near a home...meaning, she lived less than two blocks from stores that line the main street through the Heights.
    Another news report today said tips came in after the press conference and they went and picked him up easily and quickly.

A different article mentioned they were looking to see if this guy didnt work in LR perhaps for the city or something. He was in LR frequently.

He could have just seen Anne that night, or some other night and followed her home. Random stuff DOES happen. You never know. will have to wait and see.
    Lashelle

His hearing is tomorrow. A friend of mine is a public defender here, but even if he gets the case he won't be able to discuss it. I hope if there's another perp he's talking....he had to be talking for LE to go back to the house this morning. I finally drove by for the first time yesterday before all the news broke and there was no police tape on the house anymore. I have no idea how long it's been gone since I had not gone by before today.

I think it was last weekend that her parents went in with LE and then did a TV interview inside the home, so it would have been gone for that.

You'd have to see the neighborhood. Hers is one of the small homes. No reason to break in there when there are mansions surrounding it. It's the old money neighborhood in town. People have gone in and bought homes, razed them, and built huge homes in their place. And, too, in the area there are some OLD huge homes.

Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast