News from Court T.V.

gretchen

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Heard a little on Court T.V. Supposedly a news break about the JonBenet Case. I walked in at the very end and heard something about Michael Halgouth (sp).
Supposedly he committed suicide not long after her death. During the investigation a stun gun was found.
Anyone have any information?

gretchen said:
Heard a little on Court T.V. Supposedly a news break about the JonBenet Case. I walked in at the very end and heard something about Michael Halgouth (sp).
Supposedly he committed suicide not long after her death. During the investigation a stun gun was found.

I was watching but didn't get all of it. There was something about a shoe or boot and also he told someone about a kidnapping that went sour.

Right, I also remember hearing about the HiTech boot.
Coincidental? Maybe, but I have never believed in coincidences. Afterall, how can the ransom note be explained?

gretchen said:

Here it is in a nutshell (from my notes made years ago):

Twenty-six-year-old Michael Helgoth was a suicide victim in 1997 who died in his room in Boulder about six weeks after JonBenet was murdered and just days after the District Attorney went on TV and suggested that authorities know who the killer is. Helgoth was shot in the left temple but he was right-handed. A stun gun was on his bed and he owned Hi-Tec boots. The BPD failed to investigate the killing as possibly being connected to the Ramsey murder until 2000, over three years after the alleged suicide. By that time the body had been cremated over the objections of friends who suspected foul play. But the cops claim the DNA in the boots, obtained by Ramsey private detectives and turned over to the police, didn't match the DNA at the crime scene.

JMO

Another dead man under the bus!

I am going to guess that Helgoth has no family who will fight for him. A nice, easy target for the RST.

How come his DNA doesn't match and he's a suspect?????????????????

Doesn't that mean that if Helgoth is a suspect, the whole "killer's DNA" avenue is officially closed? I guess ALL the Ramseys are suspects again.

What a pity!

Barbara said:
How come his DNA doesn't match and he's a suspect?????????????????

Doesn't that mean that if Helgoth is a suspect, the whole "killer's DNA" avenue is officially closed? I guess ALL the Ramseys are suspects again.
Guess so, Barbara. Guess the BPD was right about the worthless DNA all along, eh?

Or not? Patsy apparently doesn't believe it was Helgoth. It looks like Patsy still believes in the DNA:

KING: In that matter what do you make of the story today, Patsy, the tabloids may be changing. They used to attack you all the time. Now, there's a big story in one, the killer was actually -- they found the killer and he committed suicide. How do you react to that?

P. RAMSEY: I tell you, I really don't read the tabloids. I really, don't put a whole lot of faith in that. I really think they just sometimes write things to sell newspapers. But we have more important things to deal with than reading the tabloids everyday.

KING: You're not hopeful in that regard maybe the killer was found and maybe he has passed away, maybe this is a conclusion.

P. RAMSEY: You can say maybe, maybe, maybe this, maybe that. We know the DNA evidence is very strong. We have been told they've the killer's DNA and that the killer can be found and will be found. So, there's no reason to speculate until the time that the people in authority and the district attorney's office say that they have apprehended the murderer.

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0405/12/lkl.01.html

Britt said:
Guess so, Barbara. Guess the BPD was right about the worthless DNA all along, eh?

Or not? Patsy apparently doesn't believe it was Helgoth. It looks like Patsy still believes in the DNA:

KING: In that matter what do you make of the story today, Patsy, the tabloids may be changing. They used to attack you all the time. Now, there's a big story in one, the killer was actually -- they found the killer and he committed suicide. How do you react to that?

P. RAMSEY: I tell you, I really don't read the tabloids. I really, don't put a whole lot of faith in that. I really think they just sometimes write things to sell newspapers. But we have more important things to deal with than reading the tabloids everyday.

KING: You're not hopeful in that regard maybe the killer was found and maybe he has passed away, maybe this is a conclusion.

P. RAMSEY: You can say maybe, maybe, maybe this, maybe that. We know the DNA evidence is very strong. We have been told they've the killer's DNA and that the killer can be found and will be found. So, there's no reason to speculate until the time that the people in authority and the district attorney's office say that they have apprehended the murderer.

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0405/12/lkl.01.html

The disdain for the tabloids didn't stop the Ramseys from giving them an interview AND a fresh batch of homemade cookies.

This must be a real problem for the Ramseys. They are basing their whole innocence stance on the DNA being the killer's. Now they have thrown a dead man under the bus (they meaning RST along with the Ramseys) whose DNA does not match.

What to do? What to do?

If they try to pin this on Helgoth, and it turns out wrong, as we know it will, then the whole DNA being the killer's DNA is dead in the water, leaving them without the one thing they are screaming proves their innocence, putting them back in the rain, only this time a real heavy downpour with much bigger "umbrellas" required.

What to do? What to do?

Barbara said:
If they try to pin this on Helgoth, and it turns out wrong, as we know it will, then the whole DNA being the killer's DNA is dead in the water, leaving them without the one thing they are screaming proves their innocence, putting them back in the rain, only this time a real heavy downpour with much bigger "umbrellas" required.

What to do? What to do?

There is another downside to a Helgoth theory. If the murder is pinned on him, then Lou Smit's reputation is in the dumper permanently. He spent 18 months on the job, with all the resources he wanted, to generate leads and investigate them. He had tests done on pigs and chased pedophiles all the way to California. He participated in sound tests at the actual house site. And yet, in his 18 months as a paid special investigator, his subsequent volunteer research from 1998 to 2002, and his return to official status as a part-time investigator under Keenan, Lou Smit never generated Helgoth as a lead suspect, and never managed to find a shred of evidence to implicate him, not even when Smit had access to DNA evidence.

In the circus which may swirl around Helgoth in the coming days, watch how Smit becomes a non-entity to those who used to worship him as the man who could break the case.

Very good point Why Nutt.
Too easy to blame a dead man in my opinion. Helgoth can't very easily defend himself, can he?

Ironically, the owner of the Hi Tec shoes that made the print in the Rs' basement was Burke Ramsey, according to LE. That means that Helgoth wasn't the infamous "Bootman." In fact, there never was a Bootman, only a Bootboy.

A stun gun was found near Helgoth's body, but it has never been established that a stun gun was used on JonBenet.

imo

Ivy said:
In fact, there never was a Bootman, only a Bootboy.

Ivy,

"Bootboy". I like that. IMO, if Burke had been 19 years old instead of "a little boy" of 9 years old, the evidence against him would have been considered beyond reasonable doubt and the case solved.

JMO

I believe this man was discussed years ago. Same one who's house was torn down to make way for some big box store? No big break, nothing new.

The Enquirer reports John Kenady was told by Helgoth that he had personal knowledge of the Ramsey case. Kenady said Helgoth told him it was a kidnapping gone bad and that he was involved.

The crime scene photo of Helgoth's body shows a pistol not far from his hand, although he supposedly killed himself with a shotgun or rifle fired through a pillow.

Kenady also said Helgoth had hidden videos of little girls walking around in public, as well as a recorded broadcast of a news report of a little five year old girl who was kidnapped and murdered in 1993.

Ollie Gray was told by Helgoth's friends that he owned at least three stun guns, one of them being an Air Taser.

He had Hi-Tec boots, show in the crime scene photograph.

Helgoth also had rented a remote cabin around the time of JBR's murder.

He had a couple of big gargage cans next to the pad or thin mattress he was found on, which he apparently used for drawers. (Not evidence he killed anyone, but something I have never seen.)

So, we have good reason to look at Bootman.

Is it a police photo or something staged by Ollie and Lou?

Since part of Helgoth's body is in both of the crime scene photos, I think we can safely assume Lou and Ollie didn't participate.

What about a handwriting comparison? Helgoth's to the ransom note?

If Michael Helgoth was a pedophile and sexual sadist who wanted to abduct JonBenet, why didn't he remove her from the house so he could have her in his power? Why kill her there and then write that rambling note to make it seem like a kidnapping for ransom? IT'S LUDICROUS!!

The killer lived in that house. That is the only conclusion that makes the note make sense.

IMO

guppy said:
Since part of Helgoth's body is in both of the crime scene photos, I think we can safely assume Lou and Ollie didn't participate.

How do you explain the fact that his DNA doesn't match, nor does his handwriting?

Barbara said:
How do you explain the fact that his DNA doesn't match, nor does his handwriting?

Seemingly, there is an RST theory which has Helgoth as the accomplice (with the *real* perp leaving the DNA) and then being murdered by the *real* perp to keep him quiet.

guppy said:
The Enquirer reports John Kenady was told by Helgoth that he had personal knowledge of the Ramsey case. Kenady said Helgoth told him it was a kidnapping gone bad and that he was involved.
So, we have good reason to look at Bootman.
What reason would THAT be?
-The DNA doesn't match.
-The boot print is the wrong size.
-Kenady is himself, nothing but a petty criminal who the police believe is not playing with a full deck:

"Officers at the Boulder Police Department and the Boulder County Sheriff's Office said Kenady may be mentally impaired from a car accident."
http://www.newsmakingnews.com/contents10,25,00.htm

Kenady is another quack who at this moment is probably out dancing in the moonlight somewhere with Nancy Krebs...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford
Back