British teen finds baby bat in her bra.

Vask

Gumshoe
Reaction score
Abbie Hawkins, a Norwich, United Kingdom hotel receptionist, 19, has found a baby bat in her bra. Hawkins originally mistook the bat for her cellphone.

Hawkins said that she got dressed at 7:30 a.m. and arrived for work without noticing anything unusual. When she was driving to work, she felt a slight vibration, but she dismissed that as her mobile phone in her pocket. At around noon, Hawkins felt a strange movement inside her bra, which was hanging on her washing line the previous night.

Hawkins decided to investigate, and pulled out the baby bat, roughly the size of her hand, out of her bra. Commenting later on the baby bat, Hawkins said that "it looked very snug in there and I thought how mean I was for disturbing it." The baby bat was eventually released into the hotel's garden.

Jaime Eastham, of the Bat Conservation Trust, said that she has never heard of a bat being in a bra; however, bats will roost anywhere that looks dark and safe.
http://www.bizarrenews.org/content/view/49/1/

yikes! they released it? Don't they know that bats are big time carriers of rabies?

I seriously would have dropped dead on the spot had I pulled a bat from my bra.

yikes! they released it? Don't they know that bats are big time carriers of rabies?

I seriously would have dropped dead on the spot had I pulled a bat from my bra.

I don't think anybody expects an animal to have rabies in the UK. On the other hand . . .
At present, the UK is virtually free of rabies. There had been no reported cases in the UK for over 100 years until 2002 when a man died of rabies in Scotland after been bitten by a bat. As far as we are aware, there have been no cases since, and no cases in the UK for over 100 years caused by bites from other animals. The strict quarantine regulations for imported animals helps to keep rabies out of the UK.
http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/23068812/

Time to wade in! Bats and their habitats and roosts are protected in Europe, please see link, http://www.first-nature.com/bats/

So, they would have been on a hiding to nothing if they'd harmed the tiny thing. I am a bat lover, call me batty if you like(!), and recall reading one account of a bat conservationist keeping babies warm in her bra, to keep them alive, when they'd been orphaned... The native species in the UK are pretty small, and babies even more so - I think I recall reading that the teenager believed that it was her mobile 'phone vibrating - Who keeps their 'phone in their bra?

I guess in terms of rabies, the one recent case that was recorded was a bat conservationist, handling the bat without wearing protective gloves. Rabies might be found in around 3% of the native population, but it isn't really a problem in the UK, thankfully...

Blessings all :blowkiss:.

Time to wade in! Bats and their habitats and roosts are protected in Europe, please see link, http://www.first-nature.com/bats/

So, they would have been on a hiding to nothing if they'd harmed the tiny thing. I am a bat lover, call me batty if you like(!), and recall reading one account of a bat conservationist keeping babies warm in her bra, to keep them alive, when they'd been orphaned... The native species in the UK are pretty small, and babies even more so - I think I recall reading that the teenager believed that it was her mobile 'phone vibrating - Who keeps their 'phone in their bra?

I guess in terms of rabies, the one recent case that was recorded was a bat conservationist, handling the bat without wearing protective gloves. Rabies might be found in around 3% of the native population, but it isn't really a problem in the UK, thankfully...

Blessings all :blowkiss:.

LOL I thought the same thing. Not only that but the young lady has very large breasts and the bra I saw fit her snuggly so methinks someone just wanted their face in the paper. Or their *advertiser censored*. :rolleyes:

I hope she got paid to show off her goodies! I hope the bat will be ok!

If a baby bat ever found it's way into my bra, it would think it found a freaking condo! Believe me, not bragging, but I think he could of added a kidney shaped pool on the other half! Cotton, he could have had it "shaped" anyway he wanted. :)

I think this is a really cool story. Makes me smile, to be honest.

:clap: LOL, you lot!

As a fuller bosomed (spelling?) lady with 'tout le monde au balcon', as the French say, I could probably host a whole baby bat colony in my empty bra, but not when I'm wearing it!

:clap: LOL, you lot!

As a fuller bosomed (spelling?) lady with 'tout le monde sur le balcon', as the French say, I could probably host a whole baby bat colony in my empty bra, but not when I'm wearing it!

"Baby Bat Colony"!!! LOLOLOL!!!! I'm sorry, but that just cracked me up! What's funny is I *so* identify with you! It's not easy being "fuller". Though, I suppose if I was "fuller and perky" it would bother me less! :crazy:

That must be a new way to stuff bras; maybe it's more shapely than using tissues lol

Okay, for me, the only thing worse than this happening to me (not that it really could, come to think of it), is having it appear as a worldwide news story.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back