In late October 2008, March 2008 becomes significant - why?

JWG

Reaction score
In this document released this week are the March 2008 wireless records for CA and GA. These were requested by LE on October 28 and received from ATT on Oct 29. I'd like to use this thread to discuss the significance of these records and what they mean in the context of the rest of the investigation.

Here are some other details that might help:

• March 17 is the date of the chloroform search.
  • March 17 is the date Casey cashed $20 forged check of grandmother's.
  • October 16 a lengthy interview with AL took place. Police visited the location AL found KC the first time she ran out of gas on Chickasaw, they visited the Amscot and had AL describe location of KC's car, and they visited AL's previous apartment where he lived in June / July w/ Casey.
  • October 21 a second attempt was made to extract information from Casey's phone after the Cellebrite software was updated. Incoming text messages were recovered.
  • October 27 is the date another digitally-recorded interview of Ric M. took place.
  • October 28 is the date Ric M.'s computer was forensically examined by OCSO.

What did the police uncover in late October that made March suddenly that more important?

In this document released this week are the March 2008 wireless records for CA and GA. These were requested by LE on October 28 and received from ATT on Oct 29. I'd like to use this thread to discuss the significance of these records and what they mean in the context of the rest of the investigation.

• October 16 a lengthy interview with AL took place. Police visited the location AL found KC the first time she ran out of gas on Chickasaw, they visited the Amscot and had AL describe location of KC's car, and they visited AL's previous apartment where he lived in June / July w/ Casey.
  • October 21 a second attempt was made to extract information from Casey's phone after the Cellebrite software was updated. Incoming text messages were recovered.
  • October 27 is the date another digitally-recorded interview of Ric M. took place.

What did the police uncover in late October that made March suddenly that more important?

Hmmm,. you notice the marks on the paper for the 17th? I think they did this b/c of the chloroform search. Also the 22nd. I called the 866 number from the 15th and it sounds like a cash register (cha-Ching) and then it hangs up.

I am thinking there might have been calls between KC and Tony prior to the date they told they met. I have wondered about that for a while as something in my mind keeps going back to that.

I do not have time to go through all the numbers today, but that is one thing I do want to check out.

I also want to know whose blackberry ("blackjack") Casey was using to email back and forth with Tony. (on the bottom it says from blackberry) which is exactly what mine says when I send an email from mine. (I have a different carrier, so I am thinking "blackjack" is the brand name AT&T calls their brand.

IIRC someone along the line in these docs LOL it was said that she had known Tony ( communicated) for a year.

Yes, I think it is related to the chloroform search on the computer, but that evidence was uncovered on August 18. Most of the evidence in this document dump was gathered in July and August. What happened 2 months later to make March so much more important?

IIRC someone along the line in these docs LOL it was said that she had known Tony ( communicated) for a year.

Yes, KC had. Would this have something to do with CA&GA?

Yes, I think it is related to the chloroform search on the computer, but that evidence was uncovered on August 18. Most of the evidence in this document dump was gathered in July and August. What happened 2 months later to make March so much more important?

Did they ever search the other computer of the A's?

Casey's birthday is in and around that time in March as well.

I am thinking there might have been calls between KC and Tony prior to the date they told they met. I have wondered about that for a while as something in my mind keeps going back to that.

I do not have time to go through all the numbers today, but that is one thing I do want to check out.

I also want to know whose blackberry ("blackjack") Casey was using to email back and forth with Tony. (on the bottom it says from blackberry) which is exactly what mine says when I send an email from mine. (I have a different carrier, so I am thinking "blackjack" is the brand name AT&T calls their brand.

IIRC the blackjack was a phone offered to AT&T subscribers which was fairly feature-rich but had an awful battery life. casey even complained about that as this was a well known issue. it wasn't a blackberry.

Casey's birthday is in and around that time in March as well.
As an aside, Cindy mentioned in one of her email exchanges with Rick that Casey never cashed the $20 birthday check from grandma.

Not so, according to the Amscot records.

JWG, the link to the document is giving me a "file corrupted, cannot be repaired" message. Would you have another link to the same document? TIA

As an aside, Cindy mentioned in one of her email exchanges with Rick that Casey never cashed the $20 birthday check from grandma.

Not so, according to the Amscot records.

Yea - that sounded weird to me. Casey would have cashed any check she came in contact with! LOL. Especially one that was actually made payable to her!

Casey forged a check from I think either grandma or a family friend - it was three hundred and something - it was for AT&T - rick also commented on it said that Casey forged the check to buy a d*mn phone (his words)

So that could be the phone she purchased - isn't this the phone she said she lost at Blanchard Park?

IIRC the blackjack was a phone offered to AT&T subscribers which was fairly feature-rich but had an awful battery life. casey even complained about that as this was a well known issue. it wasn't a blackberry.

Okay..........I found out..........Blackberry is a trade name with it's own website. Carriers like AT&T use it with their name brand phones because that is the only one which carriers have available for those phones.

All carrier's phones have that "sent from blackberry" on the bottom of emails, even though their phone might be called a "blackjack" because their service is what serves all of that type phone.

Samsung Blackjack Cingular Phone Review: This is Samsung answer to Blackberry and the Motorola Q which all use Blackberry service.

SOOOOOOOOO...........did the "blackjack" she said she had just mysteriously REAPPEAR so she could use it for emails to Tony while she was out on bond? Or was it hidden somewhere and all of them lied to police?

I think the phone records have been requested in an attempt to determine Casey's whereabouts on the dates of the computer searches...but I am surprised that wasn't done right away. Since there are others that had access to the computer, they need proof that it was actually Casey (and not GS, CA or LA) that made those Internet searches. Using phone records could help them determine her location. I would think they would also be used to analyze her behavior on those days and who she might have been in contact with. Perhaps they discussed Casey's behavior during March with Ricardo and it caused them to be more interested.

Casey was txting TonE from her cell phone, not the blackjack. TonE appears to have a Blackberry.

Mar. 17 is marked on both George and Cindy's so I would assume that would be to show if they were both in locations where they could or couldn't have done the internet searches.

Mar. 21 is also marked and a notation of a call to Bank of America.

SOOOOOOOOO...........did the "blackjack" she said she had just mysteriously REAPPEAR so she could use it for emails to Tony while she was out on bond? Or was it hidden somewhere and all of them lied to police?

IIRC, KC phone was and is cut off.

Mar. 17 is marked on both George and Cindy's so I would assume that would be to show if they were both in locations where they could or couldn't have done the internet searches.

Mar. 21 is also marked and a notation of a call to Bank of America.

But what these records fail to mention is the long/lat of the calls. This wouldn't be able to prove if they did or didn't.

What about BOA?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back