Dec 1 Hearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SleuthyGal

Former Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the Wake County Superior Court calender and saw this entry for Dec 1, 10am in courtroom 002B (there are lots of cases listed for that courtroom that day):

002 08 CRS 022922 COOPER,BRADLEY,GRAHAM
APT.: KURTZ,HOWARD,A
ADA: AGF
(F)FIRST DEGREE MURDER
DANIELS,GEORGE
CLS:A P: L: PLEA: VER: JUDGMENT:

Note that the ADA is not Howard Cummings listed for that session.

And, there is no calender listed at all for Fri Dec 5th--it skips right to the next Monday, Dec 8th.

Anyone know what this hearing is about?

I was looking at the Wake County Superior Court calender and saw this entry for Dec 1, 10am in courtroom 002B (there are lots of cases listed for that courtroom that day):

(F)FIRST DEGREE MURDER
DANIELS,GEORGE

And, there is no calender listed at all for Fri Dec 5th--it skips right to the next Monday, Dec 8th.

Yup, this is the part that has me stumped.

Plea, verdict, and judgment I understand. CLS:A P: L: not so much.

Could he be pleading out to avoid the DP hearing?

HERE is a pdf document that shows the codes for the criminal calender.

Those fields on Cooper's record are the same fields on every record in the DB.

CLS:A = Class A Felony
ADA: Assistant District Attorney
APT: appointed attorney name or initials
L: level of punishment based on number of points used for sentencing
P: points based on prior convictions

Also, HERE is the organization of the Wake County DA's office.

The only one whose initials match the one on the Cooper record is: Amy Fitzhugh, who is in the "Probable Cause Rotation" group of the DA's office.

HERE is a pdf document that shows the codes for the criminal calender.

Those fields on Cooper's record are the same fields on every record in the DB.

CLS:A = Class A Felony
ADA: Assistant District Attorney
APT: appointed attorney name or initials
L: level of punishment based on number of points used for sentencing
P: points based on prior convictions

Thanks, SG. Still wonder what this is about, though. Interesting. Very interesting.

Hmmm... perhaps they had to reschedule the DP hearing. I just can't imagine he'd plead to ANYTHING.

(F)FIRST DEGREE MURDER
DANIELS,GEORGE

Ahh, courtroom 2B. It's been my 2nd home the last 2 weeks. It will be Judge Rand, unless they change out the 1st of Dec.

The Superior Court lists all the cases on Monday of each week for the entire week. Some are trial, some are not.

While there is a trial going on Rand works other cases in by having us come in late or taking an extended lunch to get some of the cases heard that will only take a few moments, like BC's is expected to be. I understand BC will be 10 minutes max.

My guess is this is for Rule 24.

Ahh, courtroom 2B. It's been my 2nd home the last 2 weeks. It will be Judge Rand, unless they change out the 1st of Dec.

The Superior Court lists all the cases on Monday of each week for the entire week. Some are trial, some are not.

While there is a trial going on Rand works other cases in by having us come in late or taking an extended lunch to get some of the cases heard that will only take a few moments, like BC's is expected to be. I understand BC will be 10 minutes max.

My guess is this is for Rule 24.

Mom, will you be there on Monday? You may run into him in the elevator yet. What are the chances?:rolleyes::crazy::crazy:

Well if this is the DP hearing, then good thing you caught this SG!:)

I understand it is Judge Stephens in courtroom 2B today, and not Judge Rand who was in 2B the past 2 weeks. That is all I could find out.

Does anyone know if the clerks are assigned a certain judge or stay in the same courtroom all the time?

I understand it is Judge Stephens in courtroom 2B today, and not Judge Rand who was in 2B the past 2 weeks. That is all I could find out.

Does anyone know if the clerks are assigned a certain judge or stay in the same courtroom all the time?

As far as I know, they clerk for their judge.

And it would make sense that it would be Judge Stephens. Why haven't we heard anything yet???

No news, eh?

Perhaps that was a placeholder entry. It's not like db's are never wrong.

According to momto3kids:

So - it appears that they don't schedule things each day - but fit them in - and it's a "weekly" schedule. I suspect that the attorneys get better timelines than what is published and that Brad's still going to show up for his DP hearing on Friday.

According to momto3kids:

So - it appears that they don't schedule things each day - but fit them in - and it's a "weekly" schedule. I suspect that the attorneys get better timelines than what is published and that Brad's still going to show up for his DP hearing on Friday.

This happened also with the custody case - listed on the docket sheet as one day - conducted on the date issued from the previous hearing. I agree - look for Brad's next appearance on the 5th as scheduled.

Any predictions?

I am thinking that due to how "quickly" the DA moved, he feels he has a very strong case, and that there's enough solid evidence that he may just seek the DP. I still believe that the forensic searches of the computers found something that could readily be linked to premeditation.

Any predictions?

I am thinking that due to how "quickly" the DA moved, he feels he has a very strong case, and that there's enough solid evidence that he may just seek the DP. I still believe that the forensic searches of the computers found something that could readily be linked to premeditation.

I too think there is a strong case, but no DP because of the little girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73