Observations from attending Sunday, 11/30/08 Vigil

ev1214

Reaction score
Hello Everyone:
This is my first time starting a thread so please forgive me if I make any errors in doing this!

Also, everything I have written in just my personal opinion on the take of the vigil.

I have been reading Websleuths daily ever since Caylee Anthony was reported missing. I just wanted to say first off how impressed I am by everyone's respect and comments amongst everyone.

I thought it may be interesting to provide my observations of this vigil, which I attended.

1. I was expecting a substanial amount of people to be at the church. I would say that there may have been 40 people at this vigil. Considering the media release of this vigil it was a very bleak turnout.

2. The people that did attend appear to be the very small amount of supporters that the Anthony's have. This is unfortunate because I would have expected people to attend to be there and pray for Caylee's safe return regardless of how the return will be.

3. Regardless of the critique of Cindy's actions at the heart of this is a grandmother and essentially a "second mother" starting to come to grips with the gravity of this situation. She was slumped over the entire time. She looked frail, she looked 100% different then the way she looked only 2 months ago.

4. George looked also very sad expect showing less emotion because it appears he has to stay strong for Cindy. He did rub her back for comfort.

5. I am entirely unimpressed with their spokeswoman. What she said in my opinion was not well thought out, did not make much sense, and frankly she came across as a complete amateur. It didn't feel heartfelt. It was not moving. It came across as she was promoting herself more than anything else. I am saddened that this is the person "officially" representing Caylee right now.

6. The end of the vigil had a beautiful video that showed many pictures of Caylee set to a beautiful Christian Song. This was the most moving part of the entire Vigil.

7. It did not appear that much thought was put into this vigil. They had two posters, which were on the floor standing up. I would of hopped thta maybe there could of been something on the altar symbolizing Caylee. Perhaps a toy perhaps a couple of pink roses.

8. Lastly, it felt very "raw" to be so close to the Anthony's. You can see that the suffering and reality of this all is starting to set in. You can see them breaking down. It was very painful to see.

Lastly, not related to the vigil specifically, but just a comment from a local's perspective....
Orlando is a town full of many famous sportstars from Tiger Woods to Horace Grant. Additionally, there is a lot of money from people who have developed orange groves, etc.

It has always surprised me that not one of them has put forth a large reward or done something towards this case. I believe the reason they haven't is for the same exact reason why less than 50 people showed up. Noone wants to be connected to this family and no one believes them.

I truly hope something happens to make Casey Anthony confess. So that closure can be brought forth to the grandparents.

If anyone has any specific questions about this vigil feel free to ask me. I thought it would be helpful to provide my eyes and ears!

Sincerely,
Elizabeth

Did Cindy get up and speak about Caylee? Was Lee there?

Thank you so much for your insightful and comprehensive post. I sincerely hope that the Anthony's can begin their closure soon.

Hi Janis396,

I arrived about 10 minutes late from the time I got there to the end of the vigil Cindy did not speak. I would be surprised if she spoke during the first 10 minutes because when I arrived she was vividly hunched over and grieving or praying. I could only see her from the back. For a moment, I thought George was going to get up and speak but instead he moved the microphone and a candle.

There was a person that could maybe of been Lee sitting in the front row, but I never saw his actual face. The guy was wearing a baseball hat...if my memory serves me correctly. I cannot confirm whether it was him or not.

Please let me know if anyone else has any questions.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth

Thanks, ev....
That was sensitively observed and written.
The insights are very much appreciated...

No problem! I have actually been a little intimidated to post on this site because I thought I would do something wrong. I probably spend about 1 to 2 hours a day on this site...at least!

Lastly, I would really have no problem attending any local events to share my opinions with WebSleuths.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth

Thank you for posting your observations. I have a few questions.
#1. was the media there?
#2. did they seem surprised there was such a poor turnout?
#3. did you chat with anyone there? if so, was the general consenus caylee is dead? Or wasnt that discussed?

Hi Janis396,

I arrived about 10 minutes late from the time I got there to the end of the vigil Cindy did not speak. I would be surprised if she spoke during the first 10 minutes because when I arrived she was vividly hunched over and grieving or praying. I could only see her from the back. For a moment, I thought George was going to get up and speak but instead he moved the microphone and a candle.

There was a person that could maybe of been Lee sitting in the front row, but I never saw his actual face. The guy was wearing a baseball hat...if my memory serves me correctly. I cannot confirm whether it was him or not.

Please let me know if anyone else has any questions.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth

Elizabeth,
It would have been nice to hear that Cindy or George spoke about Caylee instead of the "spokesperson" they have now. She never knew Caylee and really it should have been someone who loves her. But, as Cindy says, it is what it is.
Thanks for sharing your perspective on it :)
Janis

No problem! I have actually been a little intimidated to post on this site because I thought I would do something wrong. I probably spend about 1 to 2 hours a day on this site...at least!

Lastly, I would really have no problem attending any local events to share my opinions with WebSleuths.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth
Thanks for posting and please don't be intimidated.Looks like you can hold your own and we appreciate your insight.

What would the people donate to? Finding the body? Most everyone knows she's dead. What are they supposed to do?

I'm actually surprised 40 people showed up. I would've thought it would be far less. ?

Someone had a cap on inside the church?

Did anyone else speak besides the spokesperson?

Did anyone pray for Caylees return, or for KC?

Did people seem to be there for curiosity, or were they praying for Caylee?

Thanks for answering our question.

Hello Elizabeth:

Thank you for being the eyes and ears for those of us who couldn't attend. I, for one, would love to hear first hand "reporting" from any local events. Look forward to hearing more from you!

Thank you for sharing your experience.
I wanted to go to the vigil while I was in Orlando for the search, but the location was "undisclosed". I am not surprised to hear of C's appearance, she looks more and more run down each time I see her on TV. As for the spokeswoman...she doesn't impress me, either.
I think it is sad, though, that comments about Caylee were made by a person who never even knew her. :(

Just wondering if anyone other than the spokeswoman spoke?

Also, you didn't by any chance see who was sitting next to the guy with the ball cap did you? Any brown-haired female who looked pregnant?

Hello Everyone:
This is my first time starting a thread so please forgive me if I make any errors in doing this!

Also, everything I have written in just my personal opinion on the take of the vigil.

I have been reading Websleuths daily ever since Caylee Anthony was reported missing. I just wanted to say first off how impressed I am by everyone's respect and comments amongst everyone.

I thought it may be interesting to provide my observations of this vigil, which I attended.

1. I was expecting a substanial amount of people to be at the church. I would say that there may have been 40 people at this vigil. Considering the media release of this vigil it was a very bleak turnout.

2. The people that did attend appear to be the very small amount of supporters that the Anthony's have. This is unfortunate because I would have expected people to attend to be there and pray for Caylee's safe return regardless of how the return will be.

3. Regardless of the critique of Cindy's actions at the heart of this is a grandmother and essentially a "second mother" starting to come to grips with the gravity of this situation. She was slumped over the entire time. She looked frail, she looked 100% different then the way she looked only 2 months ago.

4. George looked also very sad expect showing less emotion because it appears he has to stay strong for Cindy. He did rub her back for comfort.

5. I am entirely unimpressed with their spokeswoman. What she said in my opinion was not well thought out, did not make much sense, and frankly she came across as a complete amateur. It didn't feel heartfelt. It was not moving. It came across as she was promoting herself more than anything else. I am saddened that this is the person "officially" representing Caylee right now.

6. The end of the vigil had a beautiful video that showed many pictures of Caylee set to a beautiful Christian Song. This was the most moving part of the entire Vigil.

7. It did not appear that much thought was put into this vigil. They had two posters, which were on the floor standing up. I would of hopped thta maybe there could of been something on the altar symbolizing Caylee. Perhaps a toy perhaps a couple of pink roses.

8. Lastly, it felt very "raw" to be so close to the Anthony's. You can see that the suffering and reality of this all is starting to set in. You can see them breaking down. It was very painful to see.

Lastly, not related to the vigil specifically, but just a comment from a local's perspective....
Orlando is a town full of many famous sportstars from Tiger Woods to Horace Grant. Additionally, there is a lot of money from people who have developed orange groves, etc.

It has always surprised me that not one of them has put forth a large reward or done something towards this case. I believe the reason they haven't is for the same exact reason why less than 50 people showed up. Noone wants to be connected to this family and no one believes them.

I truly hope something happens to make Casey Anthony confess. So that closure can be brought forth to the grandparents.

If anyone has any specific questions about this vigil feel free to ask me. I thought it would be helpful to provide my eyes and ears!

Sincerely,
Elizabeth

I think you did great in your first post in this thread!!! I think Cindy should be on a suicide watch... she has to feel pressures from BOTH sides. The fact her daughter did it and the fact she lost a grandaughter as well as a daughter. They need to come right to this situation one way or the other!

I am sure inspite of the media there was a small turn out because so far the evidence released and the document drops are very damning. All of us need closure in one form or another on this case.

Not once have we seen a Please Bring her back no questions asked. Their FBI interviews tell me they know the truth.

George as a former law enforcement guy should have called 911 when they picked up the Sunbird Pontiac at the towing yard because of the smell of death and the fact they had not seen their daughter or their grandaughter in a while. George and Cindy both knew the smell of death. Just not calling 911 when the car smelled so bad I don't get unless it was a cover-up perhaps that they concocted. I'm not sure. But I know if it was me I would have called 911 the minute I smelled the car in the tow yard coupled with the fact of they were "missing"

Thanks for your great post!

ANGELINFL

Thank you for posting your observations. I have a few questions.
#1. was the media there?
#2. did they seem surprised there was such a poor turnout?
#3. did you chat with anyone there? if so, was the general consenus caylee is dead? Or wasnt that discussed?
Hi Shelbar53,

In response to your questions you listed out:
1. Yes, the media was there. I only saw two media trucks. One was from Fox News and the other was from Channel 6 news. Channel 6 news in my opinion is inferior to Channel 7news. There were two camera men in the church and I only saw one actual reporter in the back with a notepad. There was another woman who may have been a reporter, but I wasen't sure since I didn't see a notepad.

2. I am sure the Anthony's were not surprised by the turnout because I sensed it was mostly the same people that always support them. I have no idea if the the media was surprised or not. Given that they only had two camera people from two seperate stations I doubt they were that surprised.

3. No I didn't chat with anyone because I was 10 minutes late and literally the first person to leave the church. I didn't want to be shown on the local news! They did a part during the vigil where everyone was invited to pray around the Anthony's and hug. I didn't get up because I felt like my praying for Caylee could be done from the pew I was sitting in.

My sense is that the "big elephant" in the church is the reality that it is highly likely the Anthony's own flesh and blood is responsible for the reason why this vigil took place. That being said it was never alluded to that she is dead. I believe that the few people in that room are huge supporters of Cindy and George and in essence are enabling them to continue being in denial. I had no desire to talk to anyone in that room.
Personally, the whole thing felt very wierd to me...even down to the church that was chosen.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth

I do have a question. :)
Were KFN representatives there, other than MB?

Thanks for this. WS Local reporting ;-)

Thank you for sharing Elizabeth. No matter what anyone feels about KC, it must have been hard to be in the same area with the A's and see their pain. I wish someone from that family (extended family or friends) could go see KC and tell her what she is doing to her family. It is so sad to see CA and GA finally giving up and accepting the fact that Caylee is gone. Thanks again for sharing, please keep posting for us WS's who are far from Orlando.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back