779 users online (124 members and 655 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30
    Annasmom, I did report it last night. I also sent a message to someone I know whose husband works at Facebook to see if there is anything else that can be done. I haven't gotten a reply yet, I don't think she checks Facebook very often.

Oh M, I'm so sorry about the FB thing. That is terrible. I tried to report it but for the life of me couldn't find the "report" button nor the gear icon they were pointing me to. I tried to report it as an imposter site but it would not allow me to do it as I was logged in at the time.

If someone more sophisticated than me can't figure it out, this site has a link that you can report to if you don't have an account. Hopefully this will work for you: http://www.nextadvisor.com/blog/2010...from-facebook/

eta: oops - need a nap or some afternoon coffee - I just re-read and saw that you reported it to the robots already. Sorry about that.

i also reported the account twice once to facebook as a fake profile name and the second time as a fake account i wish they would let you send a little message. from other stuff on her profile page like her likes she also likes another missing persons could she be trying to set up a page for anna? but if she was she would have made the account say "anna waters" missing from half moon bay ..ect

also she is a member of the anna christian waters facebook page as well she does not have much stuff up public i am going to "friend her" so i can see the rest of her profile ill take a look see what i find then unfriend her

Quote Originally Posted by smile22 View Post
    i also reported the account twice once to facebook as a fake profile name and the second time as a fake account i wish they would let you send a little message. from other stuff on her profile page like her likes she also likes another missing persons could she be trying to set up a page for anna? but if she was she would have made the account say "anna waters" missing from half moon bay ..ect

also she is a member of the anna christian waters facebook page as well she does not have much stuff up public i am going to "friend her" so i can see the rest of her profile ill take a look see what i find then unfriend her
    Thank you so much, Smile22. I got the impression from PlanetBabyBlue that this page was set up by a man. She said something about his claiming George Waters had reincarnated in him or some such nonsense. She unfriended him. I wonder if there's a way to block him from the ACWMissing page. There is something really unsavory about this whole thing and I don't like his having access to the photos, since he is using one (with me in it, no less) without permission. I wrote Facebook asking them to take the page down, but the last time I looked, it was still up.

Hello!
    I was asked to befriend this person and cautiously agreed.
    They asked if we could talk about Anna.
    We chatted briefly, very strange indeed. Firstly, they said their name was Indigo... Then Tom!
    I have the conversation saved.
    GW was reincarnated and spoke to this person,,, Anna in the forest....
    I mentioned if you have any pertinent info, contact LE.
    They shared my pics so Anna.... One never really knows who is joining a FB group, I've tried to be careful.

They thanked me, and thankfully it all ended ...

Sk
    Anna Christian Waters Web Page
    www.searchingforanna.com

Anna Christian Water's WS Forum
    www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104

Search FB: Anna Christian Waters
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/annachristianwaters/

I thought it was a man too, there was a guy named Rick W who posted a weird comment on that page. And it also looks like that Rick is on the real Anna page.

Facebook Responded

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
    I thought it was a man too, there was a guy named Rick W who posted a weird comment on that page. And it also looks like that Rick is on the real Anna page.
    Facebook has taken down that page and sent me an e-mail to that effect this morning. Thanks, everybody. It's nice to know that Facebook will actually act when something is wrong.

Regarding the recent NamUs entry mentioned above, iirc GW's hair dye was Grecian Formula. I tend to think the ME would have noted whether the hair color was natural or not. Also, the sternum staples seem to indicate this would not be our match.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
    Just a reminder that the 1940 census comes out in April 2012. GB should be on it, in Oakland. It appears that he wasn't hiding yet at that time...so maybe we will get really lucky and get a birthplace from it!
    I am new to the thread. Has anyone followed up on this? I thought George Brody was his alias. Did I read that wrong?

Hi, BethAnn777. Welcome! Certainly George Brody was the name he was using in the time he lived in San Francisco, but since we were never able to find a SSN or other document under that name, we were not sure that was his original name.

Quote Originally Posted by BethAnn777 View Post
    I am new to the thread. Has anyone followed up on this? I thought George Brody was his alias. Did I read that wrong?
    The discussion on George Brody and the 1940 census info can be found here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...e-Brody-Part-2

Welcome to WS BethAnn777
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Anna's NCMEC info is on the redplum flier I received in today's mail. It really surprised me. I had to take a double take, but it is Anna!
    I had wrongly assumed her flier probably wouldn't be on mail in my area since it is so far from HMB. I am very glad to be wrong and very glad to see it here locally in the Chicago area.

Interestingly, just this past weekend a neighbor asked me about my searchingforanna.com bumper sticker and I told her about Anna's case. The timing is interesting.

Still praying for answers....
    ~JMO~

If we had an insider what would we ask?

For example, if we knew someone who worked for American Airlines (which I believe it has been said no records exist, but you get the idea), etc.

Skies the limit here, folks. What would you ask? Maybe someone has a friend who can do some checking behind the scenes.

This thread is closing.

Salem

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30