Regroup/Refocus for 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
I almost typed 1999, lol.

Much has been suggested over the last few years that has fallen by the wayside as other more promising leads have presented themselves. Without digging through old threads to recall them or search if they have been completed, I would like to start this thread as a means to relist them and check off they have been done. I would prefer to keep as little discussion here as possible and discussion where it belongs on the general thread currently "Searching for Anna part ?".

Here are a few I recall.

1)FBI files on Dr. Waters ( Doogie recently posted he would be doing this)

2)Passport info, info that LE can request without a court order. Annasmom sent a letter to LE sometime over the summer of 07 without reply as I recall. Can we request this again? We can compose a letter for them, they simply need to add to their letterhead.

3)Email Campaign. We were going to look at some kind of file that can not be changed or adjusted and sent out with Anna's info.

4)Fliers. It has been mentioned their is little in the budget for this currently. There are members here at WS who are fantastic at making fliers and adding a link for them for anyone to use(both to print out and add to myspace or other places). I have seen other members offer to print off say 50 or 100 and send them. I am sure we can find some very generous WS members here who are able to do this.

5)I would like to see if Annasmom can get the complete file on Annas disappearance. More than just the one page. I am sure more than one page exists.

Please add other suggestions, or avenues which fell by the wayside here.

thanks! Let's regroup Annas search for 09!

It was also mentioned at one time annasmom was thinking of putting fliers out in the Tenderloin district. I certainly understand not wanting to trapse ( right word?) that area alone. Do we have any bay area members who are willing to pass fliers out in that area? I would love to.. 'cept I am clear across the country in the Chgo area.

and what area's specifically would be beneficial to post fliers in that area? either certain street area's, the hospitals GW previously worked in? just tossing out idea's.

I almost typed 1999, lol.

Much has been suggested over the last few years that has fallen by the wayside as other more promising leads have presented themselves. Without digging through old threads to recall them or search if they have been completed, I would like to start this thread as a means to relist them and check off they have been done. I would prefer to keep as little discussion here as possible and discussion where it belongs on the general thread currently "Searching for Anna part ?".

Here are a few I recall.

1)FBI files on Dr. Waters ( Doogie recently posted he would be doing this)

2)Passport info, info that LE can request without a court order. Annasmom sent a letter to LE sometime over the summer of 07 without reply as I recall. Can we request this again? We can compose a letter for them, they simply need to add to their letterhead.

3)Email Campaign. We were going to look at some kind of file that can not be changed or adjusted and sent out with Anna's info.

4)Fliers. It has been mentioned their is little in the budget for this currently. There are members here at WS who are fantastic at making fliers and adding a link for them for anyone to use(both to print out and add to myspace or other places). I have seen other members offer to print off say 50 or 100 and send them. I am sure we can find some very generous WS members here who are able to do this.

5)I would like to see if Annasmom can get the complete file on Annas disappearance. More than just the one page. I am sure more than one page exists.

Please add other suggestions, or avenues which fell by the wayside here.

thanks! Let's regroup Annas search for 09!

Doogie will look into the possibility of a file on either GW or GB under the Freedom of Information Act. I am sorry to say that we cannot expect any help at all from the San Mateo sheriff's office unless we come up with concrete proof that a crime was committed. Our original contact there has moved on to another job.

I asked for and received the entire police report, but it does not add substantially to what we already know. We are not allowed to publish this on line. I have all GW's passport information. The State Department will not divulge any information as to whether a passport was ever issued for Anna because of the privacy laws.

I do think it's a great idea to regroup here, and certainly I am open to suggestions as to how to proceed. I don't know what ever happened to that NCMEC program which planned to distribute flyers, but I signed all the releases for that and assume that it was done. It would not surprise me to learn that they have had to manage on a smaller staff than usual.

Thank you, Cubby.

What about the information from airline about the voyage GW took, would there be anyway to pursue this?

What about the information from airline about the voyage GW took, would there be anyway to pursue this?

IIRC, Sidekick contacted the records warehouse in St. Louis and was told they weren't available yet. My understanding was they were to put these records on microfilm. SK, can you elaborate or follow up?

IIRC, Sidekick contacted the records warehouse in St. Louis and was told they weren't available yet. My understanding was they were to put these records on microfilm. SK, can you elaborate or follow up?

From what I recall, Doogie said he called the warehouse and yes they were updating their files. They said to call back at a later date when they were put on microfilm, however, I don't think this has been followed up yet. Let me followup with Dr. Doogie on this.

SKick.:p

Hi@all :)

As I see you are preparing your agenda for the next year.
I hope this isn’t too cheeky, but I would like to add an item:

There was a story in one of the threads about a woman, who came forward telling something very interesting. When she was a teenager in the early seventies, she met a little girl,who told her, that the man she was with was not her father and that she had been taken from the mom.

As far I remember the teenager and the little girl met, because the teenager’s father was the landlord of the little girl’s family. The teenaged girl didn’t tell authorities, because she was afraid of her own father’s reaction (and of course because of she was not sure if she could believe the much younger child’s story.)

What became of this lead?

To me it sounds quite likely and credible that a small girl in such a situation would choose a teenaged girl as a confident. Put yourself for a moment in the little girl’s shoes. If she tells other children her story, they probably will believe her, but they cannot help her. And the adults, who could help her, would not believe her. So I think it’s possible, that the little girl told the truth.

Is it possible to follow this lead or did you loose the contact to the informant?

These are my five cents. ;-)

M.

Hi@all :)

As I see you are preparing your agenda for the next year.
I hope this isn’t too cheeky, but I would like to add an item:

There was a story in one of the threads about a woman, who came forward telling something very interesting. When she was a teenager in the early seventies, she met a little girl,who told her, that the man she was with was not her father and that she had been taken from the mom.

As far I remember the teenager and the little girl met, because the teenager’s father was the landlord of the little girl’s family. The teenaged girl didn’t tell authorities, because she was afraid of her own father’s reaction (and of course because of she was not sure if she could believe the much younger child’s story.)

What became of this lead?

To me it sounds quite likely and credible that a small girl in such a situation would choose a teenaged girl as a confident. Put yourself for a moment in the little girl’s shoes. If she tells other children her story, they probably will believe her, but they cannot help her. And the adults, who could help her, would not believe her. So I think it’s possible, that the little girl told the truth.

Is it possible to follow this lead or did you loose the contact to the informant?

These are my five cents. ;-)

M.

Mischa, SherlockJr has spoken by telephone with this woman a number of times. She tried quite a number of searches suggested by this woman's story, but the facts were quite vague and we were not able to pin down anything solid. The last thing Sherlock did was to ask whether the woman would be able to identify the man from a picture, but the informant did not believe she would be able to do this.

I searched old copies of the local paper to try to confirm part of her story (the fact that there had been several robberies in the neighborhood, and that these robberies stopped that same year after a Sheriff's department substation was put in near the neighborhood).

The book, Searching for Anna, has some information on this woman and her story.

whew -- I've been locked out for a bit but still reading and praying daily. I also think the girl who thought she had talked to Anna was our best lead. I'd like to have us try to talk to police officers who were around at that time. The robberies were real and I think the police might have had suspects even if they were never charged. Seems to me the police are usually pretty in the know about the shady characters in their area. I think if we go back to the robberies we might generate more leads that could help us find the man.

Blessings to all.

whew -- I've been locked out for a bit but still reading and praying daily. I also think the girl who thought she had talked to Anna was our best lead. I'd like to have us try to talk to police officers who were around at that time. The robberies were real and I think the police might have had suspects even if they were never charged. Seems to me the police are usually pretty in the know about the shady characters in their area. I think if we go back to the robberies we might generate more leads that could help us find the man.

Blessings to all.

This is an excellent idea. IIRC, the informant was able to provide a first name for this man but not a last name and her father was too old/ill at the time to provide any additional information. It would be interesting to know if any of the robbery suspects shared the first name with this man.

Also, I don't recall if the informant was ever able to provide a list of her fathers rental properties and whether or not we were able to track any of them via property records with his name if she didn't have a complete list. Maybe we can trace his former tenents via that route.

I dug into some of the old threads ( first searching for Anna thread from 06-pg 2 of the forum) last night looking for something else and ran across a post in which Doogie mentioned that the District attorneys office might have another file. That they looked into Anna being Sharon Marshall and some additional relevent info might be found in this file. I wasn't able to find where that was ever answered. Is this still pending or was this resolved?

Although I haven't posted recently due to work and family commitments, I have tried to read discussions. I wonder if you might try to access states with open adoption records here in the U.S., especially where GW or GB might have had contacts or ties. If GW were involved with Anna's disappearance, it is likely he presented that her mother was dead and he would sign all documents. It is also likely that he may have had connections to unscrupulous adoption agencies, lawyers and doctors. While I won't rule out the international route to "disappear" Anna, it would have been much more difficult, especially with short notice.

Were there any theories that didn't involve the two George's? I think it's the most promising theory, but just to cover all bases...

Also, after Anna's disappearance, when was the last time you (Annasmom) saw or spoke to either of the George's? I know this has been asked before, but I think it'd be good to have in the regrouping thread.

Were there any theories that didn't involve the two George's? I think it's the most promising theory, but just to cover all bases...

Also, after Anna's disappearance, when was the last time you (Annasmom) saw or spoke to either of the George's? I know this has been asked before, but I think it'd be good to have in the regrouping thread.

Since we have no hard evidence for any theory, other scenarios are certainly possible, some of them more likely than others. I never spoke to or saw either of the Georges after GW left home before Anna's first birthday. I didn't even know where they lived, since support checks for Anna had a post office box as the return address. Joe Ford saw GW briefly as a patient in one of the clinics he worked for. Since Annasbro had accompanied Joe, GW had to know that there was a connection.

Since GW and both his parents are now deceased, I wonder if some of his extended family members might be approached again in the event that they might really know something and might be willing to speak more freely at this point in time than previously.

A second random middle of the night thought is whether it might make sense to approach a reputable psychic like Noreen Rayner or some one else who has been known to work successfully with the police.

Happy New Year to all!

Since GW and both his parents are now deceased, I wonder if some of his extended family members might be approached again in the event that they might really know something and might be willing to speak more freely at this point in time than previously.

A second random middle of the night thought is whether it might make sense to approach a reputable psychic like Noreen Rayner or some one else who has been known to work successfully with the police.

Happy New Year to all!

Sometimes those middle-of-the-night thoughts give us another perspective. We have been actively in touch with the family all along, and they have told us what little they knew. Remember that they also had very little contact with GW after he "severed relations" with them, and that they never even met Brody, as far as I know.

I had another call today from Congresswoman Jackie Speier's office to the effect that they were staying in touch with LE and offering to assist them in obtaining passport information. They said that they had another resource which they will make available if State Department is not forthcoming with some kind of information before too long.

I had another call today from Congresswoman Jackie Speier's office to the effect that they were staying in touch with LE and offering to assist them in obtaining passport information. They said that they had another resource which they will make available if State Department is not forthcoming with some kind of information before too long.[/QUOTE]

Annasmom.... This is such good news, and exciting too. Lets hope and pray something positive becomes of the request. If Anna were indeed taken out of the country, and the country is stated which it should then we can conquer a whole other world of sleuthing looking for sweet Anna. I'd love to know why on earth they wouldn't do this for a child missing...

Hugs for 2009!!

:cheerful:

i was on face book just now and got a request to join a cause i totaly forgotten that they had causes on face book. anything from missing children to cancer and much more. you can start a cause .i even found one for websleuths with one member i am now the second member. what if we started a cause page for anna?. a lot of people have face book it would get her info out to a whole lot more people and maybe someone on fb might recognize the age progression photos of anna?. anyone think this is a good idea

i was on face book just now and got a request to join a cause i totaly forgotten that they had causes on face book. anything from missing children to cancer and much more. you can start a cause .i even found one for websleuths with one member i am now the second member. what if we started a cause page for anna?. a lot of people have face book it would get her info out to a whole lot more people and maybe someone on fb might recognize the age progression photos of anna?. anyone think this is a good idea
Hi, Smile. Your posts always make ME smile. It's a good idea, and also people can sign up as friends of Anna Christian Waters, since she is listed on Facebook with the age-advanced picture. I got a notice from FB today saying that she might be a relative of mine! I certainly hope so, though I have no idea how their computers came to this conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail