862 users online (140 members and 722 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NJshrink View Post
    Since GW and both his parents are now deceased, I wonder if some of his extended family members might be approached again in the event that they might really know something and might be willing to speak more freely at this point in time than previously.

A second random middle of the night thought is whether it might make sense to approach a reputable psychic like Noreen Rayner or some one else who has been known to work successfully with the police.

Happy New Year to all!
    Sometimes those middle-of-the-night thoughts give us another perspective. We have been actively in touch with the family all along, and they have told us what little they knew. Remember that they also had very little contact with GW after he "severed relations" with them, and that they never even met Brody, as far as I know.

I had another call today from Congresswoman Jackie Speier's office to the effect that they were staying in touch with LE and offering to assist them in obtaining passport information. They said that they had another resource which they will make available if State Department is not forthcoming with some kind of information before too long.

I had another call today from Congresswoman Jackie Speier's office to the effect that they were staying in touch with LE and offering to assist them in obtaining passport information. They said that they had another resource which they will make available if State Department is not forthcoming with some kind of information before too long.[/QUOTE]

Annasmom.... This is such good news, and exciting too. Lets hope and pray something positive becomes of the request. If Anna were indeed taken out of the country, and the country is stated which it should then we can conquer a whole other world of sleuthing looking for sweet Anna. I'd love to know why on earth they wouldn't do this for a child missing...

Hugs for 2009!!

That is such exciting news Annasmom!

i was on face book just now and got a request to join a cause i totaly forgotten that they had causes on face book. anything from missing children to cancer and much more. you can start a cause .i even found one for websleuths with one member i am now the second member. what if we started a cause page for anna?. a lot of people have face book it would get her info out to a whole lot more people and maybe someone on fb might recognize the age progression photos of anna?. anyone think this is a good idea

Quote Originally Posted by smile22 View Post
    i was on face book just now and got a request to join a cause i totaly forgotten that they had causes on face book. anything from missing children to cancer and much more. you can start a cause .i even found one for websleuths with one member i am now the second member. what if we started a cause page for anna?. a lot of people have face book it would get her info out to a whole lot more people and maybe someone on fb might recognize the age progression photos of anna?. anyone think this is a good idea
    Hi, Smile. Your posts always make ME smile. It's a good idea, and also people can sign up as friends of Anna Christian Waters, since she is listed on Facebook with the age-advanced picture. I got a notice from FB today saying that she might be a relative of mine! I certainly hope so, though I have no idea how their computers came to this conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by rideforfun View Post
    whew -- I've been locked out for a bit but still reading and praying daily. I also think the girl who thought she had talked to Anna was our best lead. I'd like to have us try to talk to police officers who were around at that time. The robberies were real and I think the police might have had suspects even if they were never charged. Seems to me the police are usually pretty in the know about the shady characters in their area. I think if we go back to the robberies we might generate more leads that could help us find the man.

Blessings to all.
    Welcome back rideforfun! This is a good idea to get a list of suspect names. I'm almost sure the detectives won't release the information. Is there a way to find names of people who were arrested for theft or kidnapping from 1972 to 1977? As far as I know the detectives have not even contacted the tipster who believed she spoke with Anna.

Hi everyone,

After a long hiatus, I am finally back online! I just moved (again) and it took forever to get my phone and internet service working. Smile, thanks for posting about the WS cause on Facebook. I've been using Facebook but I didn't know about the WS cause! I just joined it. Annasmom, I wonder if one of your family members on Facebook tagged Anna's Facebook profile and said she was their relative. Sometimes if you have a mutual relative the system will notify you that this person may be related to you. Facebook seems to be overtaking MySpace in popularity...another great way to get the word out about missing persons!

Quote Originally Posted by Annasmom View Post
    Since we have no hard evidence for any theory, other scenarios are certainly possible, some of them more likely than others. I never spoke to or saw either of the Georges after GW left home before Anna's first birthday. I didn't even know where they lived, since support checks for Anna had a post office box as the return address. Joe Ford saw GW briefly as a patient in one of the clinics he worked for. Since Annasbro had accompanied Joe, GW had to know that there was a connection.
    Did either of the Georges know what Anna looked like? Did They ever see pictures of her? If not wouldn't it have been harder for them to identify Anna (for certain) if they had taken her, since there were other cars and possibly other children for all they would have known at your home the day Anna disappeared? (Unless successful surveillace had taken place)

Quote Originally Posted by skywatchn View Post
    Did either of the Georges know what Anna looked like? Did They ever see pictures of her? If not wouldn't it have been harder for them to identify Anna (for certain) if they had taken her, since there were other cars and possibly other children for all they would have known at your home the day Anna disappeared? (Unless successful surveillace had taken place)
    I really don't have the answer to this one. When her father left home, Anna was less than a year old and didn't have the blonde curly hair, so I'd say she looked pretty different at age five. On the other hand, there were no other children close to her age living on Purisima Creek Road at that time, and the Georges did have the address, so they could have driven by at any time. GW knew what the boys looked like, of course, and Anna was often with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina_M View Post
    Hi everyone,

After a long hiatus, I am finally back online! I just moved (again) and it took forever to get my phone and internet service working. Smile, thanks for posting about the WS cause on Facebook. I've been using Facebook but I didn't know about the WS cause! I just joined it. Annasmom, I wonder if one of your family members on Facebook tagged Anna's Facebook profile and said she was their relative. Sometimes if you have a mutual relative the system will notify you that this person may be related to you. Facebook seems to be overtaking MySpace in popularity...another great way to get the word out about missing persons!
    Welcome back, Gina. I think almost every member of my family is on Facebook!

What about this new thing called Twitter. It is some new internet thing with followers...maybe Anna's story could be put up on Twitter and see if any response.

Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by madge View Post
    What about this new thing called Twitter. It is some new internet thing with followers...maybe Anna's story could be put up on Twitter and see if any response.
    If anybody knows how to do this, it couldn't hurt. I think it mostly reaches people who use their cell phones a lot, which leaves me out. Also, we want to think about the annoyance factor...we don't want to be spammers.

Quote Originally Posted by madge View Post

Hi Madge and Welcome!!

I have put Anna's full name on Twitter... it's a one liner / sentence one can put on Twitter at a time.. I have also included her site email. www.searchingforanna.com ... we'll see, so far no followers... but I just did it! I recommend everyone open a Twitter site and do the same.. more the better!

SKick

Cool Tip Line

Tip Number

I would like to get feedback if we had 'tip line', would this perhaps enhance someone out there knowing 'something'.... to perhaps call? I don't know what this would cost, or if it is at all possible for a missing person's organization to sponser the number.... just tossing the idea out there. Makes you wonder who really reads here ...
    Last edited by SideKick; 04-26-2009 at 10:32 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by SideKick View Post
    Tip Number

I would like to get feedback if we had 'tip line', would this perhaps enhance someone out there knowing 'something'.... to perhaps call? I don't know what this would cost, or if it is at all possible for a missing person's organization to sponser the number.... just tossing the idea out there. Makes you wonder who really reads here ...
    I'm not sure what you mean by tip line, SideKick, but the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has a number and a web site for reporting information, etc. I agree with you that our readers here seem to be experiencing "Anna fatigue". It is frustrating, having looked at so many different things, hundreds, without the slightest clue. I think some members may have welcomed the Astros' reading just as a way to stop thinking about it. But I am following the opinion of Gerry Nance of the NCMEC that Anna may still be out there somewhere, and I can't give up.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast