872 users online (85 members and 787 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SideKick View Post
    Tip Number

I would like to get feedback if we had 'tip line', would this perhaps enhance someone out there knowing 'something'.... to perhaps call? I don't know what this would cost, or if it is at all possible for a missing person's organization to sponser the number.... just tossing the idea out there. Makes you wonder who really reads here ...
    Not a bad idea, but I do want to mention that I have received several tips by e-mail from people who contacted us from searchingforanna website. My guess is that these folks are not members of Websleuths, but probably follow the case from this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Annasmom View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by tip line, SideKick, but the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has a number and a web site for reporting information, etc. I agree with you that our readers here seem to be experiencing "Anna fatigue". It is frustrating, having looked at so many different things, hundreds, without the slightest clue. I think some members may have welcomed the Astros' reading just as a way to stop thinking about it. But I am following the opinion of Gerry Nance of the NCMEC that Anna may still be out there somewhere, and I can't give up.
    Someone may know something and phone rather than email or contact an authority figure/organization. Just trying to simplify the means of hearing from a potential tip ...an old person knowing of Anna may feel that by phoning is the easier route...

Sk

I called NCMEC once for what I thought was a possible match for a runaway teen. It was an easy call and I offered to walk the person who I was speaking with through where I found the info. (wasn't a match, but sure was close same names, same birthdate) I believe NCMEC will take calls anonymously as well, just like Crime Stoppers will.

I'm not sure but I believe someone can call crimestoppers as well regarding a tip on Anna if they had one and crime stoppers would forward the info to NCMEC. Not 100% sure though.

I know emails are used also if someone has an email in there signature line here at WS if someone following Annas forum is unable to register here at WS.

FWIW, in the back of my mind I have always hoped and prayed after all these years someone would have a conscience and confess what they know about Anna's abduction, even if they do so anonymously. I don't know if the tip line for NCMEC is anonymous but the crime stoppers line IS anonymous. I also can't help but wonder if they read the forum as so many non registered people do.

hth

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    I called NCMEC once for what I thought was a possible match for a runaway teen. It was an easy call and I offered to walk the person who I was speaking with through where I found the info. (wasn't a match, but sure was close same names, same birthdate) I believe NCMEC will take calls anonymously as well, just like Crime Stoppers will.

I'm not sure but I believe someone can call crimestoppers as well regarding a tip on Anna if they had one and crime stoppers would forward the info to NCMEC. Not 100% sure though.

I know emails are used also if someone has an email in there signature line here at WS if someone following Annas forum is unable to register here at WS.

FWIW, in the back of my mind I have always hoped and prayed after all these years someone would have a conscience and confess what they know about Anna's abduction, even if they do so anonymously. I don't know if the tip line for NCMEC is anonymous but the crime stoppers line IS anonymous. I also can't help but wonder if they read the forum as so many non registered people do.

hth
    It may be worth noting again that the statute of limitations on kidnapping has expired, so that there would be no penalty for whoever may have taken her.

I have usually include my cell phone number and my email address when we have received media attention such as the HMB Review article from a couple of years ago. (It was via my cell phone that the tipster who claims to have met Anna two years after her disappearance contacted us.)
    Order the book "Searching For Anna" directly from [URL="http://www.lulu.com/conte

Back to the break ins

Hello all. I've certainly not changed my focus by reading the astro report. I'm on this journey until Anna comes home.

As everyone knows I believe we need to go back to the break in's but we are lacking a "how" since so little information is known.

What about posting ads on-line, posters, newspaper that just asks for information about those break in's -- giving people a forum to tell long ago thoughts in a confidential manner. I don't think we need to specify that we are looking for "Bill" -- just that we are looking for information about break in's that happened between xxx and xxx in this area.

Shake the tree and see what comes out. It would be nice to offer a small reward for the information but I don't know how we would qualify the information since we would not be looking for a conviction or anything that restricts how awards are paid out in current cases. I hope that thought makes sense -- I'm just getting to the fact we couldn't pay a reward for someone calling and telling us something that may or may not be true and we don't have a way to know what is true.

If we got a address list for the areas affected by the break in's I could set up a mail merge letter and do a mailing. We are looking for a needle in a haystack but people likely have information about those events and we need to know it.

Blessings to all.

NCMEC Photographs

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children sent Anna's photograph to the Jacob Wetterling Resource Center and to the National Vigil for Hope 2009 in April.

This week, there was an influx of readers here from the Zodiackiller.com site. One of the posters there had made the connection that one of the suspects in that case was a man born in the Phillipenes named George Waters and speculated that our GW may have been the same man (he is not). There is no connection to the cases, but welcome to those ZK.com posters who did visit and learn about Anna's disapperance. The more people who are aware of the case, the better chance that someone will remember something that will help!
    Order the book "Searching For Anna" directly from [URL="http://www.lulu.com/conte

And many more!

Happy birthday, Dr. Doogie!:HappyBday

Happy BDAY Doogie

HAPPY Birthday Doogie!
    Cheers!!

Regrouping for 2010

Wow, I missed posting here for Doogies b-day... I think I must have in the JR.

Alrighty, not to put Doogie on the spot, but I am hoping I might be able to convince him to make a little bit of a late New Years resolution. I know it has been tossed around to get the FBI file, or some file on GW via the FOIA..... can we try to do that this year? Maybe start it this month? I know you mentioned that takes a lot of work, and while I don't know exactly how much work that takes, it's been tossed around for a few years now. I am willing to help in any way I can! Just ask! TY!
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Cubby,

Can we get a thread for 2010? A regroup or new strategy Thread for 2010?

I emailed a company that makes facial recognition software. I am not computer savvy, but they sent me a link to download a trial version. I did read some of what it does; and it is amazing, but not sure if it will do what we need. I think that the trial is free, then $20 for a single computer to get the software. The expense is in the licensing. I think, not sure of what I read, I need a license to search servers or databases. I am going to call them to find out. If anyone is interested let me know and I will forward the email to you. It can search 1,500 faces per second. That's a lot of faces. I thought we could start with facebook or myspace with the age progression drawing to see if there were any matches. Also adoption databases? I don't know what files are private, but we can look into it as we go. Anyone want to help me out?

Hoping to put more things together for ideas to search and also to get media involved.

Bern, this is awesome, I am looking forward to the results!

Brilliant thinking!!
    Anna Christian Waters Web Page
    www.searchingforanna.com

Anna Christian Water's WS Forum
    www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104

Search FB: Anna Christian Waters
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/annachristianwaters/

Good idea Bern,

What do you guys think of me changing this thread title from 2009 to 2010? I don't want to lose some of the idea's presented in this thread simply because 2009 is over- and because it's such a short thread.

The general thread is also available for thoughts,comments too.

thoughts? I'm open guys,

I vote to change it to 2010 so if we get lurkers or new members they know to come here and we don't lose last years ideas!

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast