1175 users online (156 members and 1019 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Has LE checked the sewers around the Amscot?

I wanted to know if LE has checked the sewers and manholes around the Amscot. Casey easily could have opened up a manhole cover and dumped Caylee into a sewer rather quickly. I was just wondering if LE or anyone else searching has explored this option.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Manhole covers are pretty heavy, she would have had to have help for that. I know I couldn't lift one.

Have you ever tried to lift a manhole cover?

We don't have too many of those here in Florida and of the ones that we do have are usually right in the middle of the main streets. Don't think that would have been too practical for KC to do as busy as Orlando is. But......your suggestion does bring to mind that fact that we do have drainage curbs all along sidewalk areas. They are open drains and she could have slid a duffle bag into one of them without too much difficulty. Great thought. Amscot area has them, I'm sure.

From Wikipedia:

Manhole covers usually weigh more than 100 pounds (roughly 50 kg), partly because the weight keeps them in place when traffic passes over them, and partly because they are often made out of cast iron, sometimes with infills of concrete. This makes them inexpensive and strong but heavy.
    Not only are they heavy, but you need the right tool to maneuver them.

EmMomma is offline Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
    There is a man hole cover right in front of the A's, IIRC.
    No that I think she would put forth that effort, but...
    "Lost is not alone..." T. Miller, Founder TES (and MY HERO!!!)

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will." -

Edward Everett Hale

Quote Originally Posted by dee10134 View Post
    I wanted to know if LE has checked the sewers and manholes around the Amscot. Casey easily could have opened up a manhole cover and dumped Caylee into a sewer rather quickly. I was just wondering if LE or anyone else searching has explored this option.
    ~~ my bold

No how, no way or every kid her size, and she's tiny, would be doing it all the time. Those things are very heavy.

This is jmo.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieSis View Post
    Have you ever tried to lift a manhole cover?
    Actually, yes I have. They're not that heavy. If you have a crowbar or tire iron it's a piece of cake to open them.
    "Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by L L & S View Post
    ~~ my bold

No how, no way or every kid her size, and she's tiny, would be doing it all the time. Those things are very heavy.

This is jmo.
    Ok, here's the deal: In Chicago, we have grated covers, which are considerably lighter than the solid manhole covers you see in NYC or other major metro areas. The grated or slotted variation are what I was referring to. And those are not that heavy... I'm not much bigger than Casey and I have actually lifted the grated ones myself (long story, but we used to throw M-80's down there when I was a teenager).

Quote Originally Posted by JWG View Post
    From Wikipedia:

A crowbar? You can pick one up at any home improvement store...

Quote Originally Posted by Baznme View Post
    We don't have too many of those here in Florida and of the ones that we do have are usually right in the middle of the main streets. Don't think that would have been too practical for KC to do as busy as Orlando is. But......your suggestion does bring to mind that fact that we do have drainage curbs all along sidewalk areas. They are open drains and she could have slid a duffle bag into one of them without too much difficulty. Great thought. Amscot area has them, I'm sure.
    Thank you. I was just thinking outside the box. We don't have open drainage curbs in Chicagoland, but some suburbs have grated covers along the curbs. In the city of Chicago there are circular slotted manhole covers that are along the curbs and sometimes in the middle of streets and alleys, so that was my line of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by JWG View Post
    From Wikipedia:

Like a shovel?

ETA: Does anyone know if there's a manhole in that open area behind the A's house? I doubt she'd be stupid enough to open the one in front of the house. especially in broad daylight. But she might've felt the field behind their property was secluded enough that she would not be noticed. And, LE questioned the neighbor about that area. It's probably nothing, but I know you can open those covers with a shovel 'cause we did it when I was a kid.

Not that I believe Caylee is inside any sort of "manhole"; "sewer"; etc...interesting note...a VERY LARGE Sewage tank is visible in that infamous photo of KC (looking glum in many's eyes) holding Caylee's hand, walking across an open lot/yard at the Oviedo residence....hmmmm

Zoe Bogart is offline Let's not ask for the Moon, we have the Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley007 View Post
    Not that I believe Caylee is inside any sort of "manhole"; "sewer"; etc...interesting note...a VERY LARGE Sewage tank is visible in that infamous photo of KC (looking glum in many's eyes) holding Caylee's hand, walking across an open lot/yard at the Oviedo residence....hmmmm

Yes, she did look unhappy in that pic. Yes, I did wonder about putting someone in that tank, but one would have to know how to open it. Would she have to climb up the tank with a body and a shovel? She possibly would have had to make a few trips. First, carry the body up there. Oops! Can't open it. Go back for a shovel to pry it open. What to do with the body in the meantime? Throw it in the trunk!

Yes, that could work. But all those trips would be risky.
    My brain is copyright-protected.
    Please pardon any typos. I'm a lousy typist and an even worse proofreader.

Big Brother and the Thought Police have arrived
    1984 by George Orwell (1949)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

No doubt whatever she did was RISKY! She simply got Lucky that no one caught her...Yet. To use her own words against her - as she told AH one time "The Universe gets what the Universe wants". No doubt the Universe is on the side of JUSTICE. She Will be caught/found out/exposed! this crap about Tim (tes) and others stating that Caylee's body may never be found...BS! What a defeatist attitude. Shame! I believed for the longest time that (duh) gas cans and all, that KC burned the body. Then others pointed out LOGIC! WHERE could this deed have been done unnoticed. I have renewed faith now. And hope from some cryptic sayings of KC's. Regardless. LESS than 30 minutes for the Grand Jury to find probable cause...yeah, renewed faith that LE has the smoking gun! Rot in H*LL KC!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast