Has LE checked the sewers around the Amscot?

dee10134

I'm BAAAAACK!
Reaction score
I wanted to know if LE has checked the sewers and manholes around the Amscot. Casey easily could have opened up a manhole cover and dumped Caylee into a sewer rather quickly. I was just wondering if LE or anyone else searching has explored this option.

Manhole covers are pretty heavy, she would have had to have help for that. I know I couldn't lift one.

We don't have too many of those here in Florida and of the ones that we do have are usually right in the middle of the main streets. Don't think that would have been too practical for KC to do as busy as Orlando is. But......your suggestion does bring to mind that fact that we do have drainage curbs all along sidewalk areas. They are open drains and she could have slid a duffle bag into one of them without too much difficulty. Great thought. Amscot area has them, I'm sure.

From Wikipedia:

Manhole covers usually weigh more than 100 pounds (roughly 50 kg), partly because the weight keeps them in place when traffic passes over them, and partly because they are often made out of cast iron, sometimes with infills of concrete. This makes them inexpensive and strong but heavy.

Not only are they heavy, but you need the right tool to maneuver them.

There is a man hole cover right in front of the A's, IIRC.
No that I think she would put forth that effort, but...

I wanted to know if LE has checked the sewers and manholes around the Amscot. Casey easily could have opened up a manhole cover and dumped Caylee into a sewer rather quickly. I was just wondering if LE or anyone else searching has explored this option.
~~ my bold

No how, no way or every kid her size, and she's tiny, would be doing it all the time. Those things are very heavy.

This is jmo. :)

~~ my bold

No how, no way or every kid her size, and she's tiny, would be doing it all the time. Those things are very heavy.

This is jmo. :)

Ok, here's the deal: In Chicago, we have grated covers, which are considerably lighter than the solid manhole covers you see in NYC or other major metro areas. The grated or slotted variation are what I was referring to. And those are not that heavy... I'm not much bigger than Casey and I have actually lifted the grated ones myself (long story, but we used to throw M-80's down there when I was a teenager).

We don't have too many of those here in Florida and of the ones that we do have are usually right in the middle of the main streets. Don't think that would have been too practical for KC to do as busy as Orlando is. But......your suggestion does bring to mind that fact that we do have drainage curbs all along sidewalk areas. They are open drains and she could have slid a duffle bag into one of them without too much difficulty. Great thought. Amscot area has them, I'm sure.

Thank you. I was just thinking outside the box. We don't have open drainage curbs in Chicagoland, but some suburbs have grated covers along the curbs. In the city of Chicago there are circular slotted manhole covers that are along the curbs and sometimes in the middle of streets and alleys, so that was my line of thinking.

From Wikipedia:

Not only are they heavy, but you need the right tool to maneuver them.
Like a shovel?

ETA: Does anyone know if there's a manhole in that open area behind the A's house? I doubt she'd be stupid enough to open the one in front of the house. especially in broad daylight. But she might've felt the field behind their property was secluded enough that she would not be noticed. And, LE questioned the neighbor about that area. It's probably nothing, but I know you can open those covers with a shovel 'cause we did it when I was a kid. :)

Not that I believe Caylee is inside any sort of "manhole"; "sewer"; etc...interesting note...a VERY LARGE Sewage tank is visible in that infamous photo of KC (looking glum in many's eyes) holding Caylee's hand, walking across an open lot/yard at the Oviedo residence....hmmmm

Not that I believe Caylee is inside any sort of "manhole"; "sewer"; etc...interesting note...a VERY LARGE Sewage tank is visible in that infamous photo of KC (looking glum in many's eyes) holding Caylee's hand, walking across an open lot/yard at the Oviedo residence....hmmmm

Yes, she did look unhappy in that pic. Yes, I did wonder about putting someone in that tank, but one would have to know how to open it. Would she have to climb up the tank with a body and a shovel? She possibly would have had to make a few trips. First, carry the body up there. Oops! Can't open it. Go back for a shovel to pry it open. What to do with the body in the meantime? Throw it in the trunk!

Yes, that could work. But all those trips would be risky.

No doubt whatever she did was RISKY! She simply got Lucky that no one caught her...Yet. To use her own words against her - as she told AH one time "The Universe gets what the Universe wants". No doubt the Universe is on the side of JUSTICE. She Will be caught/found out/exposed! this crap about Tim (tes) and others stating that Caylee's body may never be found...BS! What a defeatist attitude. Shame! I believed for the longest time that (duh) gas cans and all, that KC burned the body. Then others pointed out LOGIC! WHERE could this deed have been done unnoticed. I have renewed faith now. And hope from some cryptic sayings of KC's. Regardless. LESS than 30 minutes for the Grand Jury to find probable cause...yeah, renewed faith that LE has the smoking gun! Rot in H*LL KC!

That is a good question. There are also those openings on the sides of the curb, at least where I live, that the perp could easily, I hate to say this, parked next to, and rolled the baby into. The openings are that large here anyway. Anyone remember the case a few years ago where the little boy was down a manhole, but it was the kind with a cover that stands up and needs to be locked? I think they are made of some kind of heavy duty plastic stuff. And I think Steve Huff covered it in the Dark Side days, not sure. I have no idea what they have in Florida, but it is a possibility.

Honestly, I thought this was a possibility, at first. However I think the area around the Amscot is far too busy with people in and out of their cars for her to have disposed of Caylee in this manner. Even if she did this under the cover of night, there would be a very obvious smell in the area that people would've noticed.

I also would think, since the Amscot is along a busy stretch of road, there would be LE around that area who would easily identify that smell.

JMO, as always. :)

What about somewhere around Tone's apt complex? A dumpster, a drainage hole, etc. Wasn't there some body of water there as well? I think it's weird that she had some of Tone's trash in her trunk.....unless she was planning some identity theft or when she was taking out Tone's trash, she took out Caylee in a trash bag instead....? She is lazy and was hanging out at his apt all day alone while he was at school.....just a thought....

Was that a sewage tank or a propane tank? If my memory serves me correctly, it looked like a propane gas tank, but I could be wrong.

What about somewhere around Tone's apt complex? A dumpster, a drainage hole, etc. Wasn't there some body of water there as well? I think it's weird that she had some of Tone's trash in her trunk.....unless she was planning some identity theft or when she was taking out Tone's trash, she took out Caylee in a trash bag instead....? She is lazy and was hanging out at his apt all day alone while he was at school.....just a thought....

You are causing me to have a lightbulb moment....if she knew and/or feared that there were cameras in the parking lot, she would take a bag of trash from TL's apartment, place it in her trunk, drive to the dumpster and retrieve a garbage bag that had evidence and/or Caylee in it, leaving the trash bag with the pizza box still in her trunk. No one would question someone placing a garbage bag in a car, driving to a dumpster and throwing away a trash bag.:mad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back