1184 users online (230 members and 954 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Deer gets revenge on the hunter who shot him....

email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

I wish I could say what I really want to. All I can say is "good enough for him." Unfortunately it won't keep the idiot from going out and shooting another deer.

So Cal Redlands, CA to be exact. We call it Inland Empire!
    I agree. I am glad the deer was able to cause him pain before his death. I don't believe in hunting so when I hear these stories I am happy!
    The world is divided into two kinds of people: those who have tattoos, and those who are afraid of people with tattoos. ~Author Unknown

Mother is the name for God on the hearts and lips of all children.

These stories are kinda funny... who can blame the deer ?

But, miss u daddy, if you lived in my area where these deer mow down everything you own, including flowers, shrubs and the entire garden, you might not be anti-hunting.

And we're in the middle of town.......

Quote Originally Posted by LisainWV View Post
    But, miss u daddy, if you lived in my area where these deer mow down everything you own, including flowers, shrubs and the entire garden, you might not be anti-hunting.

And we're in the middle of town.......
    Not to mention the number that won't stay off/away from the roads. My dad hit two last week in one day and he's a good driver. One of his neighbors hit a total of 16 last year with 3 of them being the same week! We're seriously overpopulated in Central PA and they are now starving to death because of the sheer volume.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzybeth View Post
    Unfortunately it won't keep the idiot from going out and shooting another deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by miss u daddy View Post
    I agree. I am glad the deer was able to cause him pain before his death. I don't believe in hunting so when I hear these stories I am happy!
    >
    If you don't like hunting, don't hunt. But to revel in the fact that a man was seriously injured while enjoying an activity that is not only legal, but vital to our environmental conservation and rich in sportsmanship and tradition, is just pathetic. Do either of you have any idea the revenue generated for each states fish and wildlife dept. by hunters? Do either of you have any idea of the incredible migration and census data collected anually by hunters? Gun ownership and hunting instilled in me a deep sense of responsibility at a very young age, I will try my best to provide the same experiences to my children. In fact for xmas I got them lifetime hunting and fishing licenses. I take comfort in the fact that the typical, uneducated, alarmist viewpoints, such as these, are in the vast minority in this country. The real problem with this hunter is that he was using a .270 when he should've been using a .30-06, he may be able to use a little target practice as well.

TBH = Doting Father, Loving & Faithful Husband, Volunteer FF/EMT, Steward of the Land, Patriot, Athiest.

Duelist Pearl is offline Round up the posse...we won't stop till we find em
    Very well said TheBugHouse!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBugHouse View Post
    >
    If you don't like hunting, don't hunt. But to revel in the fact that a man was seriously injured while enjoying an activity that is not only legal, but vital to our environmental conservation and rich in sportsmanship and tradition, is just pathetic. Do either of you have any idea the revenue generated for each states fish and wildlife dept. by hunters? Do either of you have any idea of the incredible migration and census data collected anually by hunters? Gun ownership and hunting instilled in me a deep sense of responsibility at a very young age, I will try my best to provide the same experiences to my children. In fact for xmas I got them lifetime hunting and fishing licenses. I take comfort in the fact that the typical, uneducated, alarmist viewpoints, such as these, are in the vast minority in this country. The real problem with this hunter is that he was using a .270 when he should've been using a .30-06, he may be able to use a little target practice as well.
    I couldn't have said it better, Thank You, the 2 amendment is vital to our country. And venison is much better for you then beef, it is not full of antibiotics and god knows what else to get it to market the quickest and cheapest way.Glad to hear that you are teaching your kids how to take care of themselves, In times like this with the price of beef I would whether spent less than $2.00 for a bullet to put good meat on the table. Good Luck Hunting. elley

I don't like hunting and I don't hunt. I have a right to voice my opinion and so do you.

I'm only being honest when I said I was glad the deer injured the hunter. Why would it be okay for him to go out and shoot a deer (who has no defenses except to run) but it's not okay for a defenseless animal to try to protect itself once it's been injured? I see it as poetic justice.

If you're worried about over population I'm sure there are more humane ways of dealing with it.

I've just never understood someone getting pleasure out of going out in the woods, finding a gorgeous creature and killing it for sport. Don't give me the bs about them eating the meat or donating it to food banks. There's plenty of other things to eat.

>
    Do either of you have any idea the revenue generated for each states fish and wildlife dept. by hunters?

I take comfort in the fact that the typical, uneducated, alarmist viewpoints, such as these, are in the vast minority in this country.
    So as long as you can make money off of it, it's okay? Hmmm, interesting.

I'm sorry you feel the need to stoop to calling someone stupid just because they don't share your opinion. I respect your right to hunt even though I think it's barbaric. All I said was in my post was that the hunter had it coming to him.

........(who has no defenses except to run) but it's not okay for a defenseless animal to try to protect itself once it's been injured..........
    An animal that has evolved over millions of years for the sole purpose of avoiding detection by a predator is hardly "defensless".

........If you're worried about over population I'm sure there are more humane ways of dealing with it.
    You're kidding right? Like what?

I've just never understood someone getting pleasure out of going out in the woods, finding a gorgeous creature and killing it for sport...... The sport is not in the kill, but the lifetime of experience leading up to it. And while I respect your right to have an opinion, yours is completely uninformed.

Don't give me the bs about them eating the meat or donating it to food banks. There's plenty of other things to eat.
    Wow, I'm speechless. What does that even mean?

So as long as you can make money off of it, it's okay? Hmmm, interesting.

I'm sorry you feel the need to stoop to calling someone stupid just because they don't share your opinion. I respect your right to hunt even though I think it's barbaric. All I said was in my post was that the hunter had it coming to him.

>
    I didn't call anyone stupid, please show me where I "stooped" and called someone stupid. And think about it for a minute, what does that money fund? Each states Fish and Wildlife departments, which directly funds the preservation, conservation, and aquisition of open land, and wilderness areas. Many of which are public lands. So who's stupid?

TBH = Doting Father, Loving & Faithful Husband, Volunteer FF/EMT, Steward of the Land, Patriot, Athiest.

Duelist Pearl is offline Round up the posse...we won't stop till we find em
    Here where I live, as with other places I'm sure, people depend on a deer to put in there freezer for winter meat. It really helps on the grocery bill. I got a 138 pound doe this year and its all packaged and in the freezer. Very tasty!!

"I take comfort in the fact that the typical, uneducated, alarmist viewpoints, such as these, are in the vast minority in this country." Bughouse

...and here you go again

"So who's stupid?" Bughouse

"The sport is not in the kill, but the lifetime of experience leading up to it." Bughouse

If it's only the "lifetime of experience leading up to it" then why culminate that experience with killing the deer?

What I meant with my comment about donating to food banks is that some hunters use that as an excuse (I kill the deer for sport but I donate the meat to the food bank.)

I'm sure a more humane way of dealing with the over population of deer could be found. It's just too many people enjoy hunting so they have no reason to look for another solution.

I don't feel like arguing. I have my viewpoint and you have yours. The only difference is that I respect yours.

Bughouse, enjoy the rest of your weekend.

>
    My bold/italics. Yup-agreed he should have been a better shot-but should we debate then the high-fiving celebrating that would have happened should the buck have been actually taken down with the shot/s?

Just trying to be a voice for the voiceless here...which means the 9 point. The hunter can fortunately speak for himself.

JMO.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Interesting debate. I personally am anti-hunting, only because I could never kill anything. I don't even kill bugs in my home (well except SPIDERS!!). But my father was a hunter (not a very good one though!) and so I was raised with all of the right reasons for hunting. And yes, wildlife management is a big part of it. I wish there were some other way to control the population, but in reality there isn't. I don't remember seeing alot of deer in Pittsburgh, where I grew up, but DH and I visited his dad who lives in NJ and you would see literally herds of deer in people's yards. They are destructive but I think this is mostly because they are being crowded out of their environments and need to go to people's yards and gardens to feed. Their numbers need to be managed. However I am not the one to do it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast