GUILTY MN - Teens abused, groped nursing home residents, Albert Lea, 2008

White Rain

Reaction score
:furious:
ALBERT LEA, Minn. — For six assistants at an Albert Lea nursing home, poking, taunting and groping the vulnerable adults in their care was a laughing matter, prosecutors alleged Monday in filing criminal charges against the teens.
Two of the former Good Samaritan Society employees — 19-year-old Brianna Broitzman and 18-year-old Ashton Larson — are charged as adults, while the other four are considered juveniles in the Freeborn County case.
Messages left by The Associated Press for Broitzman and for an attorney representing Larson were not immediately returned Monday.
According to the criminal complaint, the teens laughed earlier this year as they spat in residents' mouths, poked and groped their breasts and genitals and at times taunted them until they screamed.
more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,460626,00.html

That is absolutely disgusting. Why would anyone do something like that? I guess I should be glad that I cannot understand such a mentality.

This makes me want to hurl.

Then compile this behavior with the news that 1 out of 5 young adults have a personality disorder.

What in the heck is happening. :eek:

This makes me want to hurl.

Then compile this behavior with the news that 1 out of 5 young adults have a personality disorder.

What in the heck is happening. :eek:

All untreated and/or unrecognized. Picture a brood of unfeeling physically active people attacking nursing home residents. Pack mentality on the most vulnerable because they can...very scary.

Responsibility has to be addressed vs. sweeping this under a rug. Only more pain and heartache can be expected.

"Broitzman and Larson are charged with assault, abuse of a vulnerable adult by a caregiver, abuse of a vulnerable adult with sexual contact, disorderly conduct and failing to report suspected maltreatment. All are gross misdemeanors.

If found guilty, Broitzman and Larson "most likely will face suspended jail sentences and probation, so they'd have the threat of jail hanging over them if they get in more trouble," Freeborn County Attorney Craig Nelson told the Star Tribune of Minneapolis."

They must be shivering in their boots over fear of that sentence. Disgusting.

All untreated and/or unrecognized. Picture a brood of unfeeling physically active people attacking nursing home residents. Pack mentality on the most vulnerable because they can...very scary.

Responsibility has to be addressed vs. sweeping this under a rug. Only more pain and heartache can be expected.
(my bold)

So true. I'm having trouble getting past the 'likely' sentence. That's added humiliation for the abused.

"Broitzman and Larson are charged with assault, abuse of a vulnerable adult by a caregiver, abuse of a vulnerable adult with sexual contact, disorderly conduct and failing to report suspected maltreatment. All are gross misdemeanors.

If found guilty, Broitzman and Larson "most likely will face suspended jail sentences and probation, so they'd have the threat of jail hanging over them if they get in more trouble," Freeborn County Attorney Craig Nelson told the Star Tribune of Minneapolis."

They must be shivering in their boots over fear of that sentence. Disgusting.

OMG, capoly! I read the story and somehow I must have glossed over the "sentence". Unfrickenbelievable! :furious:

I used to work in a nursing home. It was my first full time job out of high school. Let me tell you, that is one of the toughest, most heart breaking jobs I ever had. We had one girl that I think used to slap or at least verbally abuse the residents. Some of them were so happy when they had me as an aid that week instead of her. You have to treat people as you would like to be treated or as you would like someone to care for your parents. It was tough, back breaking work. Not everyone is cut out for it. I wonder what made these "juveniles" even think to want to work in a place like that?

OMG, capoly! I read the story and somehow I must have glossed over the "sentence". Unfrickenbelievable! :furious:

"most likely will face suspended jail sentences and probation, so they'd have the threat of jail hanging over them if they get in more trouble,"

My children got in trouble as teenagers. Underage drinking, driving w/o a license, driving with a suspended license, truancy, even smoking pot. If another parent said "My kid's in trouble with the law" they meant one of the above or similiar.

I'm having trouble with the word trouble being used to describe this....

".......the teens laughed earlier this year as they spat in residents' mouths, poked and groped their breasts and genitals and at times taunted them until they screamed."

That's not teenage trouble. That's sick demented criminal behavior. Jail if they get in "more trouble"? Like rape? Torture?

And yet there's zero tolerance for sexual harassment in kindergarten.:crazy:

I wonder what made these "juveniles" even think to want to work in a place like that?

IDK about other places, but in MN Once you are 16 you can enroll in a nursing aid type training program.. it costs like $300 for the classes and then after you do that you can be an aide in nursing homes. A bunch of kids in my HS did that.

Anywho update in this case.
Broitzman agreed to an Alford plea, said Freeborn County Attorney Craig Nelson, meaning that she asserts her innocence but acknowledges that the prosecution has enough evidence to convict her. Her guilty plea covers gross-misdemeanor disorderly conduct involving three victims.

"These are appropriate charges and appropriate pleas based upon the evidence the state anticipated would be presented at the time of trial," Nelson said Monday, shortly after the action in court. "I do believe this is an appropriate outcome of the case."
Uh, no, no it is not an appropriate outcome. An appropriate outcome would be charges of assault with a probable sentence of a couple years in prison. Gross misdemeanor charges means she will only get a small fine and probation.

http://www.startribune.com/local/100778919.html

This has pictures of these disgusting, vile subhumans.

http://a11news.com/1088/brianna-broitzman/

Can someone please explain to me why are they not being charged with sexual abuse????

The articles say that they rubbed male genitals until aroused, humped them and rubbed their bare aZZ in these victims faces.

I am so disgusted right now.

Snip
If found guilty, they most likely will face suspended jail sentences and probation, said Freeborn County Attorney Craig Nelson. Broitzman and Larson are scheduled to appear in court on Jan. 21.
snip

additional snip
Michael Larson contended in his statement that "my daughter was doing nothing more than performing the duties of her job."
snip

Mr. Larson, you are somewhat confused if you believe that the treatment she CONFESSED to was part of her job.

See these incredibly limited teens chose residents with Alzheimers and dementia-targeted them intentionally. It is clear why these residents were chosen.

A gross misdemeanor, huh? Elder abuse is a gross misdemeanor punishable by probation...Let's hope it is a healthy probation period that takes into consideration the possibility that these teens will be attempting to head to college-keeping in mind that any shenanigans will trigger their sentences. Please GOD-that is the bare bones minimum the victims deserve.

I try not to be vengeful, but I think the families of the victims should be able to get a little compensation from the perps families. Especially if there are pictures floating around that document any of it.

Snip
If found guilty, they most likely will face suspended jail sentences and probation, said Freeborn County Attorney Craig Nelson. Broitzman and Larson are scheduled to appear in court on Jan. 21.
snip

additional snip
Michael Larson contended in his statement that "my daughter was doing nothing more than performing the duties of her job."
snip

Mr. Larson, you are somewhat confused if you believe that the treatment she CONFESSED to was part of her job.

See these incredibly limited teens chose residents with Alzheimers and dementia-targeted them intentionally. It is clear why these residents were chosen.

A gross misdemeanor, huh? Elder abuse is a gross misdemeanor punishable by probation...Let's hope it is a healthy probation period that takes into consideration the possibility that these teens will be attempting to head to college-keeping in mind that any shenanigans will trigger their sentences. Please GOD-that is the bare bones minimum the victims deserve.

I try not to be vengeful, but I think the families of the victims should be able to get a little compensation from the perps families. Especially if there are pictures floating around that document any of it.
This is beyond disgusting. The parents have been excusing the teen's vile behavior their entire lives, therefore teaching them that there will be no reprecussions to their behavior and it turns out to be true. We haven't heard the last of these teens. If they are disturbed enough to do these things, it is a matter of time before they get into trouble that law enforcement can't turn a blind eye to. I am a consultant for nursing homes in Ohio and I would fully expect ANY staff member that engaged in these behaviors would be jailed.

I agree 100%, believe09!

If one of those victims were MY family. I would sue them in civil court, something, anything is better than what punishment (and I use that term loosely) they will receive.

I view our eldery through the same eyes as I view our children and animals. They are the weakest and need to be protected by barbarians like these girls.

I pray for karma, karma, karma.

My question to those parents would be "How do you grow something like that? I mean what do you feed it? How do you train a monster? Do you walk it on a leash? Slap it on the nose with a rolled up old newspaper?"

We are judged as a society in how we treat our children and our elderly. We're failing.

Man, to me this is worse than hurting a child or an animal. JMO. These poor elderly lived lives through wars, Great Depressions. They raised families, worked their arses off. They had illness and sadness and they get this?

Man, back in the day those very same people could have kicked these nasty *advertiser censored*s little punks into next year.

Lovely girls in prom dresses and athletic uniforms. Then they go harming the elderly. They need the lady who set the block on fire in a cell with them. She'd stomp them. Beat them down and be sure they treated the elders with respect.

I worked in nursing homes.
My BD is coming up.
I am over 50.
I know where the Hemlock grows...

This pizzed me off when I read it the first time, and it still does, even more now. Ms. Broitzman has not acknowledged any wrongdoing, as per the link, shows me she has absolutely no remorse. Maybe she thinks degrading and abusing someone else's loved one is fun. I hope and pray she never has access to ANY vulnerable being again, including children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back