745 users online (83 members and 662 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Roman Polanski seeks dismissal of charges

This fascinates me-the man pled guilty 30 years ago and then took off after 42 days served-NOW he would like to have the charges dismissed because the prosecutors and the courthouse had "inappropriate" communications regarding the case????

In this article the victim is interviewed-she does not believe he deserves to be put away for life or that he is a danger to society.

But no where does she state she thinks he deserves a walk...he gave drugs to a 13 year old girl and then had sex with her. Case closed. JMO.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081203/...VvB9czbtxvzwcF
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

I recently saw the documentary "Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired" and it is astonishing--a must see. It's all about the INSANE judicial misconduct involved in this case.

Polanski actually did some jail time (months, I believe, under a year) and everyone except the judge--all the attorneys and the victim and her family--had agreed on a sentence for him that he was ready to serve. But the judge was obsessed with his own publicity and kept the case alive--for years. He even had a scrapbook for his news clippings!!!

The European press had revealed the victim's name, so it was known in America. She was in high school... The other kids reacted to the publicity, made her life very hard. Ultimately, this judge did incredible damage to the victim by being a press whore. She speaks in the documentary and it's fascinating. What emerges is a story about a judge who made justice impossible. And justice--I believe--has to take into account the victim's desire that sentencing be swift. Also this judge was talking about a 50 year sentence at the time Polanski fled. And I think 50 years for this is crazy.

Also... and you may disagree with me... I think we need to have some mercy for Polanski as well. What this man has endured is unfathomable to me. As a child, he watched both his parents die in the camps (Holocaust). He made a good life for himself against incredible odds and then his wife, Sharon Tate, was murdered--horribly--by the Manson clan when she was 8 and a half months pregnant. There is no excuse for what Polanski did... but I do look at his life and think... I would have been driven insane by so much violent loss.

That's my 50 cents!

Quote Originally Posted by gigi103 View Post
    I recently saw the documentary "Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired" and it is astonishing--a must see. It's all about the INSANE judicial misconduct involved in this case.

Polanski actually did some jail time (months, I believe, under a year) and everyone except the judge--all the attorneys and the victim and her family--had agreed on a sentence for him that he was ready to serve. But the judge was obsessed with his own publicity and kept the case alive--for years. He even had a scrapbook for his news clippings!!!

The European press had revealed the victim's name, so it was known in America. She was in high school... The other kids reacted to the publicity, made her life very hard. Ultimately, this judge did incredible damage to the victim by being a press whore. She speaks in the documentary and it's fascinating. What emerges is a story about a judge who made justice impossible. And justice--I believe--has to take into account the victim's desire that sentencing be swift. Also this judge was talking about a 50 year sentence at the time Polanski fled. And I think 50 years for this is crazy.

Also... and you may disagree with me... I think we need to have some mercy for Polanski as well. What this man has endured is unfathomable to me. As a child, he watched both his parents die in the camps (Holocaust). He made a good life for himself against incredible odds and then his wife, Sharon Tate, was murdered--horribly--by the Manson clan when she was 8 and a half months pregnant. There is no excuse for what Polanski did... but I do look at his life and think... I would have been driven insane by so much violent loss.

That's my 50 cents
    !
    I do see your point, but whilst I feel entirely sorry for him losing his parents like that and then his wife and child horrificly like he did there is no excuse for raping a 13 year girl after drugging her.

It seems I am not the only person with a similar opinio, after googling his name this is one link where someone also wrote the same thing
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...skis-life.html

I agree with the comment that someone wrote , he was a idiot as he had 45 days to serve but decided to flee

He is now 75, personally he either needs to do the 45 days in a USA Jail Or stay where he is

You dont get to just get away with something because YOU suffered horrible things.

Isnt that what abused children who are now adults abusing other children use as their defence ?

When it should be THE ABUSE STOPS WITH ME

People know how AWFUL it felt to have things done to them so why inflict that horror on others.

So in a parallel I am saying just because Polanski suffered doesn't mean he should be allowed to get away with molesting a child and drugging a child

***Warning, graphic link***

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090107/...Yd0ZeQU21xFb8C

Details from the rape are included, and I am having a hard time seeing Polanski's side. He was allowed to plead guilty to a single charge, when many applied, and then took off in a panic...jmo.

I did not know that this all happened in Jack Nicholson's house.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post

I did not know that this all happened in Jack Nicholson's house.
    Oh yeah, B. Nicholson hung out with some bad news people. He was with Angelica Houston for a long time and her father was one freak of a dude.

I'm trying to be a less judgemental person in 2009, and yes as Gigi mentioned the guy saw some horror in his life most can't fathom. This allows you to rape a child? Give drugs to a child? I don't give a flying whoop about his excuses of turmoil in this life. There's reasons and there's excuses and he got the big kahunnas not to just shut the he** up. Wouldn't you just shut up? Stay where you are?

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Oh yeah, B. Nicholson hung out with some bad news people. He was with Angelica Houston for a long time and her father was one freak of a dude.

I'm trying to be a less judgemental person in 2009, and yes as Gigi mentioned the guy saw some horror in his life most can't fathom. This allows you to rape a child? Give drugs to a child? I don't give a flying whoop about his excuses of turmoil in this life. There's reasons and there's excuses and he got the big kahunnas not to just shut the he** up. Wouldn't you just shut up? Stay where you are?
    Exactly what I said. He's an idiot ! He should just stay where he is.
    And when he is dead he should be allowed back to be buried with Sharon and his baby (if thats where the are ?)

Round one lost by Polanski

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090110/...aGSpbrhVRxFb8C

LA superior court will not be disqualified from presiding over Polanski's hearing....
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

At the risk of sounding trite...my take on it is...

If you do the crime, you do the time.

He needs to pay the piper.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

UPDATE!!!

Mega update, actually: Polanski has finally been taken into custody by Swiss authority, for the rape charge that he has been running from for three decades:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movi...ted/index.html

The woman who was allegedly raped by Roman Polanski wants all charges dropped. Why is there such a vendetta against him that so much time and money is being spent to "get him?"

http://www.postchronicle.com/cgi-bin...108&num=190484

If you watch the documentary the reason he fled was because of the outrageous conduct that was going on in the case and the judge that was a complete media whore.

It is reported that he only had to do 90 days in mental hospital and fled at 45, but at the end of that 90 eval while the agreement among all parties was that he would be released the judge was planning to send him to prison. If you see the documentary the victim, the prosecutor and the defense all discuss how out of control the situation was and how much it was being manipulated.

My personal opinion is that he did not get a fair trial and has paid quite the price for his actions that night. And I felt very differently before the doc. All parties saying the same thing, including the prosecutor who filed a complaint against the judge, was very impactful. If his victim felt differently about the situation I might as well, but even she said the conduct of the judge was damaging to her and unfair to him.

The short headline is that he raped a girl and got 90 days, fled and now wants charges dropped, what an Ahole. The other story is long, convulted, and full of legalese and judicial misconduct explained by players no one cares about and can't be explained in a 40 second sound bite. moo

Quote Originally Posted by impatientredhead View Post
    If you watch the documentary the reason he fled was because of the outrageous conduct that was going on in the case and the judge that was a complete media whore.

It is reported that he only had to do 90 days in mental hospital and fled at 45, but at the end of that 90 eval while the agreement among all parties was that he would be released the judge was planning to send him to prison. If you see the documentary the victim, the prosecutor and the defense all discuss how out of control the situation was and how much it was being manipulated.

My personal opinion is that he did not get a fair trial and has paid quite the price for his actions that night. And I felt very differently before the doc. All parties saying the same thing, including the prosecutor who filed a complaint against the judge, was very impactful. If his victim felt differently about the situation I might as well, but even she said the conduct of the judge was damaging to her and unfair to him.

The short headline is that he raped a girl and got 90 days, fled and now wants charges dropped, what an Ahole. The other story is long, convulted, and full of legalese and judicial misconduct explained by players no one cares about and can't be explained in a 40 second sound bite. moo
    If the judge was a media whore, the woman wants charges dropped, the prosecutor filed a complaint against the judge, and he may not have gotten a fair trail, what are the chances he will be convicted? IMO very small.

Roman Polanski arrested

I never thought this would happen.

I hope I started the thread correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by RayStar View Post

I never thought this would happen.

I hope I started the thread correctly.
    WOW! Im shocked!
    I will say my opinion of that case has changed considerably over the years (HBO did an excellent documentary)HOWEVER he indeed pled guilty & needs to answer for that.
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

Quote Originally Posted by Trino View Post
    If the judge was a media whore, the woman wants charges dropped, the prosecutor filed a complaint against the judge, and he may not have gotten a fair trail, what are the chances he will be convicted? IMO very small.
    Then I think this should play out. JMO. Rape, sodomy, drugs, 13 year old girl....tough for me to get past. He has never once said he did not do it.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast