Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneInOz View Post
    The height of Jock Doe is approx 185cm and Edward 173

4 inches is not that much in the scheme of people getting measurements wrong.

Did you edit your post LOL ? I was about to reply to it but its all changed ?

The pic on the Janedoe page is squished and def lighting is diff so that the pic looks totally different
    The AMP page is a very good picture of Edward to compare
    Yeah, there's a chance they could've gotten the height wrong.

I did. I wasn't seeing much similarity before I really took a good look at the AMP pic, but they look a lot more alike when you look at that one.

Quote Originally Posted by TaraONeill View Post
    Yeah, there's a chance they could've gotten the height wrong.

I did. I wasn't seeing much similarity before I really took a good look at the AMP pic, but they look a lot more alike when you look at that one.
    I honestly think it could be him.....

But I can not find the matching female from that time BUT what if he met her later on ?

What if he got into the shady side of life and or met a girl ? I don't know just reaching here..

Because it was a 14 months between him disappering and Jock Doe Turning up dead - lots could have happened ... he could have run off with a girl (but I would think a girl missing from that area would be easy to find if it was the same time frame)

This is another photo of him with another photo of Jock as a insert to compare

The Hairline Eyebrows Nose Jaw all seem to fit...

The eyes and eyebrows are very similar....age group would fit too. Good possibility.
    Please Help Find Brian Shaffer!

www.findbrianshaffer.com

couple

refresh my memory:
    1. is they were camping at the campground, where are there belongings?
    they had to have something, sleeping bags, vehicle, i don't think they
    were hitchhikers = what someone pointed out on her shoe's. they were
    not walking shoes.

if there is not report of their belongings from the campsite, then the owner of the campsite was in on it. there is shoddy investigation completely to me.
    i wonder if they had a "hot" car, as talked about from before and perhaps some money on them.......and was a total inside job from the campsite owner and whoever else, maybe someone in the law inforcement......as in the gun and look the other way when they found it w/filed off numbers.

austrailia could be a possibility. i think they disapeared when we weren't so "web" savy and thus they are not on a site as in missing from the family = another country too.

bluestarzz

I noticed Edward Joseph ARCAND was missing many teeth and had some temporary fillings, where as Jock Doe had expensive dental work, with crowns, ect. Arcand also has a hernia scar....Jock had an appendectomy and two shoulder scars.

Does Anyone think this looks Like Jock Doe

This man has been missing since 1975 from Canada
    He has Brown Eyes
    He was 27

Some of the other things are a *little* different

But the face those eyebrows in particular - what do you think ?
    I'm sorry, but I don't think this is Jock Doe. Of course, I could be wrong, but I just don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by TaraONeill View Post
    I don't think the moles should be the deciding factor, though. Like I said before, I think people are making too much of them. In some of the pictures they're barely noticeable, and in others it seems like they've darkened them. Like this for example. If you look at the picture on the right, they're not that noticeable (and even seem like they could be dirt or something, as there are several other spots on her face that look the same), but in the picture on the left, it's obvious that they've been darkened. It's possible that if they were as faint/not obvious as in the picture on the right, they could've been covered up with makeup. So, there's the possibility that if we saw a pic of her when she was alive we wouldn't even know she had the moles. Also, if she usually wore makeup to cover them, it's possible her family wouldn't even have thought to mention them when giving a description of her. Of course she didn't have makeup covering them when she died, but like the shaving legs thing, she was on vacation/camping...we don't know what her usual routine was like.
    The emphasis on the Jane Doe's facial moles has been stressed by the former coroner, Mrs Moore, who has been working on this case for years. She has used this characteristic to rule out potential matches and that is why I felt it noteworthy to mention it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cambria View Post
    It is Locklair Road. ShadeTreePI lives in the area and went down Locklair Road and posted photographs of the road sign on the Mystery Couple thread, but I think the pics are in thread #2 somewhere. - just found it...pic is in thread 2, post 210, page 9 - it's blurry but you can make out Locklair.
    I checked that post out, and yes, I see it is spelled Locklair. Funny, google maps will only pull it up as Locklear Rd. Actually it doesn't matter because Locklear and Locklair have both been spellings in the past for Lumbee Indians named Locklear.

That road may have been named for a James Locklair/Locklear who moved down to Sumter Co. from Robeson & was listed on the 1850 census for Sumter Co.

JaneinOz, I ran across that guy before too, a couple of weeks ago. I discounted him because of the height difference & also the slant of his eyebrows. However, they are bushy and the hair & hairline looks good, nose looks good.

What I can't get to match up are the lines through the eyes, base of nose, and center of lips. Also, Arcand's ears are lower set than our John Doe's. And yet, something tells me you should go for it, and check it out. The lips, nose, hair are dead ringers.

Quote Originally Posted by rmf View Post
    The emphasis on the Jane Doe's facial moles has been stressed by the former coroner, Mrs Moore, who has been working on this case for years. She has used this characteristic to rule out potential matches and that is why I felt it noteworthy to mention it here.
    Ah, ok. I didn't realize that.

Quote Originally Posted by colette View Post
    I noticed Edward Joseph ARCAND was missing many teeth and had some temporary fillings, where as Jock Doe had expensive dental work, with crowns, ect. Arcand also has a hernia scar....Jock had an appendectomy and two shoulder scars.
    Good point about the teeth. I thought Arcand was a good possibility. After searching for these two for so long, that should have been the first thing I picked up on, since it is well documented what good condition Jock's teeth were in, but I totally missed it. Thanks!
    Last edited by MaryLiz; 02-01-2009 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Correction
    Please Help Find Brian Shaffer!

www.findbrianshaffer.com

I don't think this is our John either. Besides the missing teeth and the height, This guy has black hair. Our John has brown hair.

On another matter, I thought you guys might like to see this:

Type in these two addresses in Google Maps (one at a time, of course) then click on "street view". It'll give you a view of Locklair Road, both ends of it and you can virtually travel around that area to see what I saw when I visited. You can't access Locklair Road on this view, but you can see how desolate this area is. Judging by the way things look (since I've been there at different times of the year) and by the other photos of my own home address, these photos are about 2 years old and taken in the winter. However, not much has changed in this area. Note the spelling of Locklair Road. I promise - and I'll get a good photo next time I go, the way I'm spelling it is the way it is written on the sign. Weird that it is listed differently though...

2964 Old St John Church Road Lynchburg SC

10640 Douglas Swamp Road Lynchburg SC

Hope this gives you guys a better feel for this area.
    Oh, FYI, the Does were found at the Douglas Swamp end of Locklair Rd.
    Obsessed with trying to do the right thing...

Quote Originally Posted by shadetreePI View Post
    I don't think this is our John either. Besides the missing teeth and the height, This guy has black hair. Our John has brown hair.

On another matter, I thought you guys might like to see this:

Type in these two addresses in Google Maps (one at a time, of course) then click on "street view". It'll give you a view of Locklair Road, both ends of it and you can virtually travel around that area to see what I saw when I visited. You can't access Locklair Road on this view, but you can see how desolate this area is. Judging by the way things look (since I've been there at different times of the year) and by the other photos of my own home address, these photos are about 2 years old and taken in the winter. However, not much has changed in this area. Note the spelling of Locklair Road. I promise - and I'll get a good photo next time I go, the way I'm spelling it is the way it is written on the sign. Weird that it is listed differently though...

2964 Old St John Church Road Lynchburg SC

10640 Douglas Swamp Road Lynchburg SC

Hope this gives you guys a better feel for this area.
    Oh, FYI, the Does were found at the Douglas Swamp end of Locklair Rd.
    Shadetree, the map will only give me a satellite view, no street view.

I wouldn't worry about the spelling on Locklair, it's still just a form of Locklear.

Here's something I found, and although it doesn't directly relate to this case, it still may be of some interest here.

Robeson County, NC marriage records from 1799-1868

http://www.mountainpress.com/books/n.../fi-1037w.html

Here are all the different spellings of Locklear contained within.

LOCKELEAR LOCKLAER LOCKLAIR LOCKLEAR** LOCKLEER LOCKLEIAR LOCKLIAR LOCKLIER

How this happens is that many people in the US were illiterate back then, and didn't have an idea how to spell their last name so it was up to the census taker to determine the spelling or the bank or whatever entity with which they had business. Various spellings may have also served to distinguish 4 Locklear guys named John living in the same county. I'm just using that as an example.

Today, those with the spelling Locklair, may pronounce it as it sounds, different pronounciation for different spellings. However, those who are proud of their Lumbee heritage may pronounce it Locklear no matter the spelling. Still others may have abandoned their spelling variation in favor of the spelling Locklear. Bet you didn't want a genealogy lesson.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3769dmon.html

Has anyone posted this profile before? Subject has been missing since March 1976. Last seen in France, but he is originally from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Brown hair, brown eyes, slender build (128 lbs) and 5'7. Was 17 years old at time of disappearance.

Okay, I did some research on Bulova Accutron watches and here's what I found out:

Serial numbers that began with a letter were made in the USA (ex. A12345). So, the watch that "Jock" was wearing had a serial number of H918803 which means it was made in the USA. Each watch had a serial number and underneath a 2-digit age marker made up of one letter and one number. Here are some examples:

A9 = 1949 (this was the first dating done)
    L0-L9 - 1950's, L0 = 1950, L1 = 1951..... L9 = 1959
    M0-M9 - 1960's, M0 = 1960, M1 = 1961....etc... toM6 = 1966, etc.
    N0-N9 - 1970's. N3 = 1973, etc.

According to the coroner's report, this watch was made in 1968 so I'm assuming the 2-digit age marker was M8 on the watch. Can anyone verify this?

Also, production of this type of watch stopped in 1977. And this information comes from Bulova's website: "Starting in 1948 Bulova began marking the back of watch cases with the year of the watch. To determine the age of a watch made prior to 1948, you would need to send it to Bulova service, as the only year indication for these watches is inside the casing. For watches from 1948 and 1949 the actual year is printed. After that, a letter denoting the decade followed by the digit of the year is marked. This practice began in the '50s, with the letter L. M signified the '60s, N the '70s, P the '80s, T the '90s and A the '00s (2000). So, for example, if P9 is on the case back, the watch was manufactured in 1989. The only way to know the value of a watch, unfortunately, is to have it appraised by a professional jewelry appraiser."

Quote Originally Posted by elliottness View Post
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3769dmon.html

Has anyone posted this profile before? Subject has been missing since March 1976. Last seen in France, but he is originally from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Brown hair, brown eyes, slender build (128 lbs) and 5'7. Was 17 years old at time of disappearance.
    Not sure if this is coincidental or not, but check out this link:
    http://www.finddoctors.org/dr-daniel-cowan.html

This doctor, Daniel Francis Cowan, graduated from McGill University in Montreal, Quebec in 1960. Speciality is pathology and he currently resides in Galveston, Texas.

Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast