1166 users online (160 members and 1006 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by doubletrouble View Post
    Sadly, I agree as well. The truth and the killer in my opinion died before justice could be served. In todays world, a suspect would never get away that easy...well, I guess we still have technicalities..but I dont see them ever getting thier justice, but at least for crying out loud, give them thier identities, so that they may rest in peace.
    I can't imagine someone somewhere didn't miss either one of these two. On the other hand they may have left home (in another country) under some sort of argument, or left parents that didn't care about them?

Fights with family go a long way towards cutting family ties. Sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Origrammi View Post
    I can't imagine someone somewhere didn't miss either one of these two. On the other hand they may have left home (in another country) under some sort of argument, or left parents that didn't care about them?

Fights with family go a long way towards cutting family ties. Sad but true.
    That is always what I imagined actually happened. If the person who played pool with the guy at the KOA Campground is our John Doe, and the story he told the guy was true - that his father was a prominent doctor in Canada and disowned him because he gave up his own career in medicine - then I always believed that was the reason no one was really looking for him. His father could have been very bull-headed and just outright disowned him and never gave it a second thought. You're right, that happens in a lot of families and it is very sad. But I still find it very hard to believe, no matter how stubborn his father may have been, that he or someone else in his family haven't tried to search for him after considerable time went by without hearing from him. I just can't wrap my mind around the fact that the WHOLE family just dismissed him like that and never started to worry about him. I mean, it's going to be 33 years this August! The same goes for her family. At some point you would think someone would seriously wonder what happened to one or both of them.

I think the case of Maricopa Jane Doe/Tawni Lee Mazzone has shown that it's very possible for someone to be reported missing, but still escape us and LE in searches for the unidentified. That case took nearly 10 years to solve, however.

Personally, I don't find it helpful to know why or speculate why someone hasn't been reported missing, or if family is trying to find them or not. *I'm* trying to find them. *We're* trying to find them. They're important to us, even if we never knew them in life. It's unfortunate, though.

I think what was posted above about Jock Doe's father being a prominent doctor and disowning his son for not following in his footsteps is most likely than anything. If the doctor is still alive today, he very well could have forgiven his son, but assumed his son would not forgive him. If they have any siblings, they could very well be looking for their brother or sister.

Personally, I don't think the two are related. There's a chance Jock met Jane on his travels. But really, I think at this point anything is possible.

That's just my two cents.
    nothing seems black when i see your red shoes

http://www.missingcanadians.ca/Missi...#BrianGuberman

This guy, Brian Guberman, has been missing since 1974. He told his family he was going to do some traveling, but they haven't heard from him since. I think he looks a little bit like the John Doe in the photos. He would have been almost 30 in 1976.

For that exact reason, I truly do not believe they were related. He had much more expensive dental work..it was he was said his father is a well known canadian doctor...i believe they either ran away together, met up somewhere, were dating...but in no way were they related to each other..jmho

Quote Originally Posted by elliottness View Post
    http://www.missingcanadians.ca/Missi...#BrianGuberman

This guy, Brian Guberman, has been missing since 1974. He told his family he was going to do some traveling, but they haven't heard from him since. I think he looks a little bit like the John Doe in the photos. He would have been almost 30 in 1976.
    Brian Guberman has already been ruled out. I don't have time to look right now but it was either in Thread #1 or Thread #2. IIRC, his sister was in contact with someone and she said it wasn't him. I think that was how he was ruled out. It was a good suggestion though because I do see a definite resemblance between Brian and John Doe.

Quote Originally Posted by doubletrouble View Post
    For that exact reason, I truly do not believe they were related. He had much more expensive dental work..it was he was said his father is a well known canadian doctor...i believe they either ran away together, met up somewhere, were dating...but in no way were they related to each other..jmho
    I have never thought they were related to each other either. I think they look alike as far as maybe being European or being from another country other than the USA, but I just don't feel they are brother or sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Cambria View Post
    Brian Guberman has already been ruled out. I don't have time to look right now but it was either in Thread #1 or Thread #2. IIRC, his sister was in contact with someone and she said it wasn't him. I think that was how he was ruled out. It was a good suggestion though because I do see a definite resemblance between Brian and John Doe.
    I'm sorry. I didn't see the name in the earlier threads. Does anyone know if this case has ever been profiled on "America's Most Wanted" or "Unsolved Mysteries"?

http://www.wltx.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=50572

Someone named MaryBeth posted this news story link a couple of years ago. If you scroll down, you'll notice that someone named iceni69 left two comments and one of them is "I know who they are and who killed them and it didn't happen in 1976."

Quote Originally Posted by elliottness View Post
    I'm sorry. I didn't see the name in the earlier threads. Does anyone know if this case has ever been profiled on "America's Most Wanted" or "Unsolved Mysteries"?
    That's OK...there so much to sift through here. It was on Unsolved Mysteries either in the late 1980s or early 1990s. I didn't see the episode. I think the episode can be found online. I'll have to check that out when I have time. I actually wrote a letter to America's Most Wanted, Dateline and 48 Hours to see if they would profile the case. Dateline e-mailed me and said it was too old of a case for them to air. I never heard from 48 Hours even though I also e-mailed them. AMW sent me a postcard thanking me for sending them the case and they promised to look into it and get back with me but I haven't heard anything.

Quote Originally Posted by elliottness;
    http://www.wltx.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=50572

Someone named MaryBeth posted this news story link a couple of years ago. If you scroll down, you'll notice that someone named iceni69 left two comments and one of them is "I know who they are and who killed them and it didn't happen in 1976."
    That's me, MaryBeth, I changed my name on here. I never noticed those comments before. I can't imagine what that person means because they WERE killed in 1976. The next comment they left about stating how sad it was that nobody cares; well, they could have called the former Coroner, Verna Moore with their information. They were probably from a prankster just leaving strange comments.

I have a theory. Here's what I think and how I got there.

Fact: Very elaborate dental work with crowns and bridges. Crown on left front tooth, acrylic or porcelain. Fillings in most of upper teeth and has some missing teeth in top and bottom but noticeable in top back left. He is missing his wisdom teeth on the bottom in the back.

If he, our John Doe, had come from a well to do family it seems unlikely he teeth would have fallen into a state of disrepair or negletct to this extent to begin with. Yes some people just have the kind of teeth that go bad regardless of how well they are taken care of from the time they are youngsters, but mostly that isn't the case.

It seems more likely to me, our John, came into some money after he was a young adult.

Fact: 6'1/4" 155lbs. Think athletic, lithe in nature as in tennis or soccer.

Fact: two 2" scars on right arm (shoulder area). Think Arthroscopy surgery. Athelet again.

Fact: Bulova Accutron Yellow Gold watch. Not cheap. 14K gold ring engraved J.P.F. Our John Doe had to have some disposable cash. Not really over the top spending so it feels like he may have remembered what it was like when he didn't have a lot of money.

He had matches with him but no cigarettes. I think if he was a smoker he would have had those in a pocket too. It's not likely the killer would have taken his smokes and not his watch or ring. Non-smoker again think athletic.

If they came from another country and I think they did, they would have had to entered on a travel visa.

Wouldn't the INS have records of people that entered the country but didn't leave?

I'd be willing to spend some time on the visa thing but I wouldn't know the first place to start looking.

They say her legs were unshaven, but don't mention anything about her arm pits. He was clean shaven, so she wouldn't have been traveling without benifit of a razor because he obviously had a razor.

Where was that razor? If they were hitching cross country where did they leave their gear? Why again would the killer take their bed rolls and gear and leave the watch and rings? They had to have left their things at a camp site, a motel or a hostel???

I think they were Greek. I'm thinking the key is the travel visa. Although...now that I think about it again...

She had an unbleached muslin shirt over knit halther top cut off levis and sandles. They'd been eating fruit...Now I'm thinking I'm all wrong.

She could have been an 'earthy nature au'natural' type from the U.S.

LOL, I think I just came full circle and ate my own tail...

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/n...ple/index.html

I have a theory. Here's what I think and how I got there.

Fact: Very elaborate dental work with crowns and bridges. Crown on left front tooth, acrylic or porcelain. Fillings in most of upper teeth and has some missing teeth in top and bottom but noticeable in top back left. He is missing his wisdom teeth on the bottom in the back.

If he, our John Doe, had come from a well to do family it seems unlikely he teeth would have fallen into a state of disrepair or negletct to this extent to begin with. Yes some people just have the kind of teeth that go bad regardless of how well they are taken care of from the time they are youngsters, but mostly that isn't the case.

It seems more likely to me, our John, came into some money after he was a young adult.

Fact: 6'1/4" 155lbs. Think athletic, lithe in nature as in tennis or soccer.

Fact: two 2" scars on right arm (shoulder area). Think Arthroscopy surgery. Athelet again.

Fact: Bulova Accutron Yellow Gold watch. Not cheap. 14K gold ring engraved J.P.F. Our John Doe had to have some disposable cash. Not really over the top spending so it feels like he may have remembered what it was like when he didn't have a lot of money.

He had matches with him but no cigarettes. I think if he was a smoker he would have had those in a pocket too. It's not likely the killer would have taken his smokes and not his watch or ring. Non-smoker again think athletic.

If they came from another country and I think they did, they would have had to entered on a travel visa.

Wouldn't the INS have records of people that entered the country but didn't leave?

I'd be willing to spend some time on the visa thing but I wouldn't know the first place to start looking.

They say her legs were unshaven, but don't mention anything about her arm pits.

He was clean shaven, so she wouldn't have been traveling without benifit of a razor because he obviously had a razor.

Where was that razor? If they were hitching cross country where did they leave their gear? Why again would the killer take their bed rolls and gear and leave the watch and rings? They had to have left their things at a camp site, a motel or a hostel???

I think they were Greek...... I'm thinking the key is the travel visa.

Although...now that I think about it again...

She had an unbleached muslin shirt over knit halther top cut off levis and sandles. They'd been eating fruit...Now I'm thinking I'm all wrong.

She could have been an 'earthy nature au'natural' type from the U.S.

LOL, I think I just came full circle and ate my own tail...

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/n...ple/index.html
    Origrammi...very good points....If they were Greek, they could have been from an important, wealthy family...I've read about the problems and missing persons in Greece during the 1970's....
    They were definitely NOT hippies.
    Quoting You:
    Where was that razor? If they were hitching cross country where did they leave their gear?
    Why again would the killer take their bed rolls and gear and leave the watch and rings?
    They had to have left their things at a camp site, a motel or a hostel??
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    They had had a bath that day (Sunday) I believe they did have other things that was left.
    My questions are, when and where did the killer have time to search the couple and take everything?
    Why were they gently "placed" beside the road and possibly shot under the chin instead of in the head?
    Why were they Left where they would easily/quickly be found?

It's been my opinion for sometime, the couple was staying at the KOA campground ..
    Reason I think this, the couple was shot in that same general area.

I also believe the 'pool player' guy from the campground that came forward a year after the murders, knew a lot more about this couple than what was briefly said..
    if anyone had cared enough to throughly question him....
    did he have a record or associate with bad people?....did he know or have any involvement in or around the area with Lonnie Henry?

We know he could have furnished the camping records and vehicle license numbers and answered IF they had left their belongings there...IF the investigator had asked.

It's also my opinion, IF anyone was interested in solving this murder in '76
    1. they would have looked at the camp ground registry.
    2. pressured Lonnie Henry to tell who had his murder weapon that Sunday night or held him responsible for the murder. Put Henry in jail for driving drunk with a concealed murder weapon, a Felony, giving him time to 'talk'....instead LE or the DA strangely did nothing to this guy...Why?
    3. Give his wife and who ever said he was at the hospital around midnight that Sunday a Lie Detector test.

Did anyone in LE or the DA's office ever want this case solved? or was there more to this murder than we can imagine?....

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’..
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds...What I write here, are my theories, speculation, opinions & deductive reasoning...not to be taken as 'fact'..

Mysterlover!

A wealthy Greek could have been spirited away before 1976 to escape trouble on the horizon...
    I know this is spinning a horrible web, but you're right. It seems like this mystery should have been solved soon after the event. Why would anyone want to let this case go unsolved?

The murder weapon certainly came from somewhere prior to Henry getting hold if it, or who was Henry involved with on a local level?

Do we have more information on him?

Mysterlover!

A wealthy Greek could have been spirited away before 1976 to escape trouble on the horizon...
    I know this is spinning a horrible web, but you're right. It seems like this mystery should have been solved soon after the event. Why would anyone want to let this case go unsolved?

The murder weapon certainly came from somewhere prior to Henry getting hold if it, or who was Henry involved with on a local level?

Do we have more information on him?.....
    Origrammi, The murder weapon belonged to Lonnie Henry..The pistol had been given to Lonnie by his brother 4 years before the murders...
    The wording of the 'guns' past has been deliberately made confusing, imo...

Before Lonnie's brother got the gun it had been stolen. How Lonnie's brother acquired the stolen gun was never explained.
    But the gun's past before Lonnies brother got the gun really doesn't relate to these murders at all, and yet someone made a point of always saying the gun was stolen....(yes it was a stolen gun, BEFORE Lonnie was given it ...)

In fact, Lonnie Henry had been given the gun 4 years before the murders, as a 1972 Christmas gift from his brother...

Lonnie had this murder weapon in his possession 4 months (Dec.) after the brutal murders, while driving drunk and admitted to filing the serial numbers OFF his .357 pistol, the murder weapon.
    IMO, He had to know who had his .357 pistol that Sunday night as the person gave it back to him or HE committed these brutal murders himself....

It's my opinion, he needed money for his wife's hospital bill......

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’..
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds...What I write here, are my theories, speculation, opinions & deductive reasoning...not to be taken as 'fact'..

Were commune's still around in the mid 70's? Could Jock and Jane doe have met at a commune and left together at one point? I know that when the Manson family spilt up a few of the not well know members left together. I'm sorry if this theory has been explored already.

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast