916 users online (124 members and 792 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyla4 View Post
    Were commune's still around in the mid 70's? Could Jock and Jane doe have met at a commune and left together at one point? I know that when the Manson family spilt up a few of the not well know members left together. I'm sorry if this theory has been explored already.
    That's a good thought. I can't recall offhand if that theory has been brought up here before or not. Yes, there were still many communes in the 70s. Remembering back, I think they were slightly more prevalent in the 70s than 60s, then pretty much phased out after that. They still exist, but I would classify the 70s as the heydey of communes. That is a very real possibility that they could have met one another at a commune. There were lots of them back then in the US and Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
    This is my first post here. Last night I was directed over here to read on the Caylee Anthony case and this caught my eye. I read everything for hours. I can't imagine how something could have happened so close to my home and it not be something I have ever heard of. One thing is for certain, this couple has haunted me.

I know a little about the racing circuit from that time period as my grandfather (deceased) was a racing hopeful. Drugs were involved with racing. Runs were made with racing cars to various parts of the US (think Dukes of Hazzard). He and my mother (also deceased) traveled from the Midlands of SC to Darlington often. I wonder how connected this couple was to the racing circuit. Or maybe, just maybe, they were just around to go to Myrtle Beach for the bicentennial?

Either way, I agree that these two are probably related. I also have a concern about the owner of the gun. He lived in the area I currently live in.

Honestly, this area is full of the "good old boy" nature and it is quite possible that it was known he killed these people, but covered it all up.

It is not unusual for anyone to have guns and attempt to hide ownership of them--these people are really afraid their guns will be taken from them.

These are just my observations from living in this area......
    Creativea...very good observations!...

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’..
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds...What I write here, are my theories, speculation, opinions & deductive reasoning...not to be taken as 'fact'..

The following is a good web site to know about....

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/nij/journal...g-persons.html

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds...What I write here, are my theories, speculation, opinions & deductive reasoning...not to be taken as 'fact'..

I'm new to this case, but I must say, these two have really captivated me. Really want to know who they are. I haven't yet read everything, but have some observations of my own to make.

I'm thinking they're related, their nasal structure is very similar as are the lips and the distance between their eyes. This latter, I find highly unusual. Their eyes are quite widely spaced apart. Makes me wonder if they could be of mixed races.

The very first inclination I had was that they were Italian. Something about the drawing of the woman made me think of Sophia Loren. Then again, that was just a drawing. I have seen other drawings of these people, but now don't know where to find them.

About where they were found...It seems to me that whoever killed them wasn't all that concerned about being caught, hence, found laying right beside the road. The three shots each almost seems like overkill.
    It appears like the killer may have wanted someone to recognize them, maybe to scare someone, keep them from talking about something. Could be the reason why these people weren't shot in the face.

Read back a little on this case. Some posters were saying the couple was killed in haste, hence why they still had their jewelry. That doesn't take into account the fact that their IDs were gone, wallets, gone, her purse.

I wonder if someone wasn't acting out something from the movie, "The Godfather?" This could've been a thrill kill. I also think they could've seen something they shouldn't have, and were taken out. Just something about it makes me think they were killed by someone/s impressed with the Godfather movie.

This is a longshot, but has anyone considered consulting a psychic detective to work on this case?

Just did a search for Grant's Truck Stop, and someone is selling a Dave Grant's Truckstop match book cover from Lupton on ebay in case anyone is interested. Bid expires on the 19th of January.

I'd love to, elliottness. I think in the very least it could confirm or deny some of our theories.

I don't have the money, but I know a lot of them work for free. Brian's Dreams is a pretty good one, but my concern is that it could take him upwards of 26 weeks to get to our case. Also, I've never seen him do a UID before.

If anyone has any information on other free psychic detectives, please share.
    nothing seems black when i see your red shoes

Not much to go on other than the visual, but this guy sure looks like he could be the male half of the missing couple. Strong resemblance, hair part in the right place.

http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobe...howtopic=16629

Quote Originally Posted by justthinkin View Post
    Not much to go on other than the visual, but this guy sure looks like he could be the male half of the missing couple.
    Strong resemblance, hair part in the right place.

http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobe...howtopic=16629...........
    Justthinkin, Yes, a very, very strong resemblance to the young male...notice the hair, heavy eyebrows and lips.

Quote: 1974 Turkish invasion
    Achilleos,Argyros Achilleas July 22,1974, Cyprus... 22 years old

Year of birth: 1952
    Place of origin: Pano Dheftera
    Marital status: Single
    Military status: Reservist
    Place of arr./disapp.: Ayios Georghios-Temblos
    Date of arr./disapp.: 22.7.74
    Place last seen: Ayios Georghios-Temblos

http://www.missing-cy.org/

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)

Mysterylover, thanks for confirming my thoughts. With that, I sent an email to the organization in Greece with a link to the thread on graphic photos here. Guess we'll see if that turns up anything. Probably doubtful. It's certainly worth a try.

I found a vintage ring very similar to the one Jane Doe was wearing.
    http://www.eaglerocktradingpost.com/331k.htm
    The ring pictured isn't expensive, and appears to be a better ring. The feathering isn't as crude as on the one she was wearing.

I found a Navajo ring similar in construction to the slender & elongated ring Jane Doe wore. Also at eaglerocktradingpost.com

I haven't found anything close to the third ring she wore, the one with the 3 concave spaces, filled with something that looks to me like a chalky blue clay. Around the Malibu area of CA, there is blue clay in the soil, but I couldn't find a picture. Blue clay appears in soils in the US and UK, and others I'm sure. It comes in different shades of blue, some bright, some soft, some light, others dark.

Her jewelry was inexpensive. If Jacques? tried to sell the ring he was wearing, it's possible he stole it and the watch too. It's also possible he needed money so I have my doubts this was a well to do couple.

I'm wondering about the brand of shoes she was wearing--Stride Rights. Don't they just make children's shoes? I don't think I've ever seen Stride Rights for adult women.

Stride Right used to make adult shoes under the Stride Right brand. Especially in the 70s, they were making lots of "outdoorsy" sorts of shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by justthinkin View Post
    I found a vintage ring very similar to the one Jane Doe was wearing.
    http://www.eaglerocktradingpost.com/331k.htm
    The ring pictured isn't expensive, and appears to be a better ring. The feathering isn't as crude as on the one she was wearing.

I found a Navajo ring similar in construction to the slender & elongated ring Jane Doe wore. Also at eaglerocktradingpost.com

I haven't found anything close to the third ring she wore, the one with the 3 concave spaces, filled with something that looks to me like a chalky blue clay. Around the Malibu area of CA, there is blue clay in the soil, but I couldn't find a picture. Blue clay appears in soils in the US and UK, and others I'm sure. It comes in different shades of blue, some bright, some soft, some light, others dark.

Her jewelry was inexpensive.

If Jacques? tried to sell the ring he was wearing, it's possible he stole it and the watch too. It's also possible he needed money so I have my doubts this was a well to do couple.

I'm wondering about the brand of shoes she was wearing--Stride Rights. Don't they just make children's shoes? I don't think I've ever seen Stride Rights for adult women......
    Justthinking...I don't have the time to find the article I read last year, but in this article it said, the KOA guy that was shooting pool with this young male, ADMIRED the ring the young man was wearing and the young male responding to the admiring comment, said thanks, you want to buy it?

From the article I read, the young man was NOT going around trying to sell
    his ring, like some people assumed, or read in other articles,
    But only offered to sell it to the pool player, AFTER he admired the ring.

I still feel the KOA 'pool player' knew a lot more about this couple, as the couple stayed there twice that summer, but he wasn't questioned enough by the investigator...

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterylover View Post
    Justthinking...I don't have the time to find the article I read last year, but in this article it said, the KOA guy that was shooting pool with this young male, ADMIRED the ring the young man was wearing and the young male responding to the admiring comment, said thanks, you want to buy it?

From the article I read, the young man was NOT going around trying to sell
    his ring, like some people assumed, or read in other articles,
    But only offered to sell it to the pool player, AFTER he admired the ring.

I still feel the KOA 'pool player' knew a lot more about this couple, as the couple stayed there twice that summer, but he wasn't questioned enough by the investigator...
    Mysterylover, I totally agree with you about the KOA guy. I see so many gaps, like, didn't he know her name? And accents! Did either speak with an accent? I don't recall every seeing that info anywhere, so please do correct me if I have missed it.
    'Curiosity is, in great and generous minds, the first passion and the last.' Dr Samuel Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by kitbits View Post
    Mysterylover, I totally agree with you about the KOA guy.
    I see so many gaps, like, didn't he know her name? And accents!

Did either speak with an accent?
    I don't recall every seeing that info anywhere, so please do correct me if I have missed it....
    Kitbits..Excellent questions...Huge gaps in this sad case!

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast