869 users online (122 members and 747 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    EricaG is offline And now, pictures of the twins...here's little Lucy, watching paint dry...

Prosecutors won't seek death penalty UPDATE Or will they?

Last edited by JBean; 12-12-2008 at 10:38 AM. Reason: title

BREAKING NEWS - DA will not seek DP

Channel 13 just now reporting they will not seek the DP. Will post the link once available.

Well from a different station but same news: http://www.wesh.com/news/18213742/detail.html

Oh S$%^!!!!! Dang it!!! That was my only hope that KC would maybe start to talk at some point to save her own butt.......now I fear she will NEVER EVER come clean about what she did to sweet little Caylee.

I was so hoping they would seek the DP!!!!!

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=3.2.1
    Misty

EricaG is offline And now, pictures of the twins...here's little Lucy, watching paint dry...

That's a shame! I was hoping that they would keep that on the table to use it, at least, as a bargaining chip.
    Clue: Satsuma Edition

It was the psycho-sicko in the trailer park with a brick-o-block!

"Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter accusations" ~ "inside" motto of the CIA and the entire Anthony family!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't believe she is 4!!

DA Office Statement:

Text Of Prosecutors' Notice

NOTICE OF INTENTION NOT TO SEEK THE DEATH PENALTY

COMES NOW the State of Florida, by and through the undersigned Assistant State Attorney, and gives notice that after due consideration of the facts and law applicable to this case, it is not in the best interest of the people of the State of Florida to pursue the Death Penalty as a potential sentence. Therefore, the State of Florida will not be seeking the death penalty as to CASEY MARIE ANTHONY.

I HEREBY CERTIFY that a true and correct copy of the foregoing NOTICE OF INTENT NOT TO SEEK THE PENALTY OF DEATH has been furnished to the Defendant, Casey Marie Anthony, 03/19/1986, W/F, at Orange County Jail, Cell F-DORML-12, Post Office Box 4970, Orlando, FL 32802-4970, and to Jose A. Baez, Counsel for Defendant, 522 Simpson Road, Kissimmee, FL 34744, on this _____ day of December, 2008.

Linda Drane Burdick Assistant State Attorney

That's okay, she'll live a long miserable life in prison, always checking her back. KC will have no peace in this world.

B&R DuPage Co., Il..now living 50 mi from Orlando
    Uh-Oh. I don't like this move at first look. They're taking an option away from themselves that may give them leverage against the defense.

I would like to see them use it as a chip to get Caylee's location in exchange for LPWOP.

I won't speculate. But if Vinny Gambini (Joe pesci as atty in "My Cousin Vinny") was talking DP today, there may be a plea bargian in process.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Avatar: What else can be said after they name the "NFL Man of The Year Award" after him?

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom, and that of all about me, seemed insufficient for the day."-Abraham Lincoln

"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor." -Vince Lombardi

Soulless people are generally not afraid to die necessarily, but a narcissistic party girl is likely to be afraid to spend the rest of her life in jail. I would like to see her rot to anonymity.... She will likely be very afraid of being "forgotten" because she has no lineage to ever visit her or care.

Quote Originally Posted by Valrico Analyzer View Post
    Uh-Oh. I don't like this move at first look. They're taking an option away from themselves that may give them leverage against the defense.

I would like to see them use it as a chip to get Caylee's location in exchange for LPWOP.

I won't speculate. But if Vinny Gambini (Joe pesci as atty in "My Cousin Vinny") was talking DP today, there may be a plea bargian in process.
    ...I'd say a deal is comin' down.

Well then KC will now believe she will beat this..and maybe she will. Maybe she will get out and live the good life after all, without her daughter draggin her down and with her NEW set of parents. She can then play the victim mother forever searching for her daughter in night clubs and in the beds of many men.

I didnt think they would. LWOP is worse anyways.

I fine with life without parole----Murder 1 conviction....she doesn't like jail (or at least didn't--sure it hasn't changed....)

jmo

Keep in mind, this could change. However, from a legal point of view, there is not enough evidence yet to go for DP. There is no body, no proof of cause of death. That is why no DP. If this status changes, so can this choice. It is not going to trial in December, that is just pre-trial. Lots can change.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

Quote Originally Posted by one_hooah_wife View Post
    That's a shame! I was hoping that they would keep that on the table to use it, at least, as a bargaining chip.
    Me, too, one_hooah_wife! I do hope there is not a plea bargain down with LWOP! IMO, she at the very least deserves LWOP!

O/T: great pic in your signature line! precious baby!
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast