Prosecutors won't seek death penalty UPDATE Or will they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DA Office Statement:

Text Of Prosecutors' Notice

NOTICE OF INTENTION NOT TO SEEK THE DEATH PENALTY

COMES NOW the State of Florida, by and through the undersigned Assistant State Attorney, and gives notice that after due consideration of the facts and law applicable to this case, it is not in the best interest of the people of the State of Florida to pursue the Death Penalty as a potential sentence. Therefore, the State of Florida will not be seeking the death penalty as to CASEY MARIE ANTHONY.

I HEREBY CERTIFY that a true and correct copy of the foregoing NOTICE OF INTENT NOT TO SEEK THE PENALTY OF DEATH has been furnished to the Defendant, Casey Marie Anthony, 03/19/1986, W/F, at Orange County Jail, Cell F-DORML-12, Post Office Box 4970, Orlando, FL 32802-4970, and to Jose A. Baez, Counsel for Defendant, 522 Simpson Road, Kissimmee, FL 34744, on this _____ day of December, 2008.

Linda Drane Burdick Assistant State Attorney

That's okay, she'll live a long miserable life in prison, always checking her back. KC will have no peace in this world.

Uh-Oh. I don't like this move at first look. They're taking an option away from themselves that may give them leverage against the defense.

I would like to see them use it as a chip to get Caylee's location in exchange for LPWOP.

I won't speculate. But if Vinny Gambini (Joe pesci as atty in "My Cousin Vinny") was talking DP today, there may be a plea bargian in process.

Soulless people are generally not afraid to die necessarily, but a narcissistic party girl is likely to be afraid to spend the rest of her life in jail. I would like to see her rot to anonymity.... She will likely be very afraid of being "forgotten" because she has no lineage to ever visit her or care.

Uh-Oh. I don't like this move at first look. They're taking an option away from themselves that may give them leverage against the defense.

I would like to see them use it as a chip to get Caylee's location in exchange for LPWOP.

I won't speculate. But if Vinny Gambini (Joe pesci as atty in "My Cousin Vinny") was talking DP today, there may be a plea bargian in process.

...I'd say a deal is comin' down.

Well then KC will now believe she will beat this..and maybe she will. Maybe she will get out and live the good life after all, without her daughter draggin her down and with her NEW set of parents. She can then play the victim mother forever searching for her daughter in night clubs and in the beds of many men.

I didnt think they would. LWOP is worse anyways.

I fine with life without parole----Murder 1 conviction....she doesn't like jail (or at least didn't--sure it hasn't changed....)

jmo

Keep in mind, this could change. However, from a legal point of view, there is not enough evidence yet to go for DP. There is no body, no proof of cause of death. That is why no DP. If this status changes, so can this choice. It is not going to trial in December, that is just pre-trial. Lots can change.

That's a shame! I was hoping that they would keep that on the table to use it, at least, as a bargaining chip.

Me, too, one_hooah_wife! I do hope there is not a plea bargain down with LWOP! IMO, she at the very least deserves LWOP!

:blowkiss:

O/T: great pic in your signature line! precious baby!

What makes everyone think this is not part of a deal and she will now cough up Caylee's location?

What makes everyone think this is not part of a deal and she will now cough up Caylee's location?

That would be AWESOME, but the reason I don't think that is the case is I would have thought we would hear first BREAKING NEWS Casey makes deal to aviod DP"....but nothing has been said close to that.....maybe though...I will keep my fingers crosssed!

That would be great--and the first thing she's done that was honest. We'll see.

Keep in mind, this could change. However, from a legal point of view, there is not enough evidence yet to go for DP. There is no body, no proof of cause of death. That is why no DP. If this status changes, so can this choice. It is not going to trial in December, that is just pre-trial. Lots can change.

I agree.

Why did I think this was known weeks ago? or is it just now official in writing.

Can they change there mind later on and seek the "Death Penalty" if a body is found? I would love to know that.. Anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa