GUILTY NY - Laura Garza, 25, Manhattan, 3 December 2008

capoly

Reaction score
Police Seek Missing Woman Who Vanished Outside Nightclub

MYFOXNY.COM -- The NYPD is looking for a young woman who vanished after leaving Marquee, a nightclub in Chelsea this week. Police say Laura Garza, 25, was last seen leaving the club, which is located at 289 10th Avenue, around 4 a.m. Wednesday.

Garza lives on Shore Road in Fort Hamilton, Brooklyn. She is described as 5-foot-2, 120 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes.

http://www.myfoxny.com/myfox/pages/...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

CLUB GAL MISSING

A stunning young Brooklyn woman vanished from a posh Manhattan nightclub this week - and cops fear she may have been harmed by a convicted sex offender, officials said yesterday....

....Police last night were questioning one of the two men, a 25-year-old once convicted of a sex crime, after going to his home in Wallkill, in upstate Orange County.

Investigators did not find Garza at the house, but they found a piece of carpet mysteriously cut out from its place on the floor, a police source said. Blood stains were also found in the house.

Faced with this clue, cops were seeking a search warrant to comb his home, sources said. They also were looking for his car.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12062008/news/regionalnews/club_gal_missing_142935.htm

Investigators did not find Garza at the house, but they found a piece of carpet mysteriously cut out from its place on the floor, a police source said. Blood stains were also found in the house.

This sounds very bad... :( but they have found the guy... he turned himself in today (actually it was yesterday... I'm off by a day for some reason) and is being held on a probation violation. But LE does seem to think she is dead... as the article states, they have evidence that has led them to believe she has been murdered. :(

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...brooklyn_woman_parties_with_stranger_van.html

There is always something about these perverts eyes that give them away. To me anyway.

When will lawmakers learn that a sex offender will re-offend? Parole boards, too.
If they would bother to read some statistics they wouldn't let the SO"s loose on society like the savage hogs they are.

His dad is a retired cop!!! Disgusting. Marquee, also disgusting, overpriced ridiculous club. Poor thing had no clue. :(

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...sexcon_suspect_michael_mele_has_bites_an.html

Sex-con suspect Michael Mele has bites and scratches; machete, woman's shoe pulled from trash

State Police found a machete and a woman's shoe Saturday as they scoured the upstate home of a registered sex offender suspected in the disappearance - and murder - of a naive New York newcomer.
Police sources revealed that Michael Mele had bite marks on his hands and scratch marks on his neck - and thoroughly cleaned his Wallkill apartment after the young beauty he allegedly brought home from a Manhattan nightclub went missing.

More at Link.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...sexcon_suspect_michael_mele_has_bites_an.html

Sex-con suspect Michael Mele has bites and scratches; machete, woman's shoe pulled from trash

State Police found a machete and a woman's shoe Saturday as they scoured the upstate home of a registered sex offender suspected in the disappearance - and murder - of a naive New York newcomer.
Police sources revealed that Michael Mele had bite marks on his hands and scratch marks on his neck - and thoroughly cleaned his Wallkill apartment after the young beauty he allegedly brought home from a Manhattan nightclub went missing.

More at Link.

This hurts my feelings and tears at my soul. I can only imagine what her parents are going through. Bless this young woman and may LE be on the ball to seek justice. Don't let this happen over and over.

http://www.wcbs880.com/Man-Seen-with-Missing-NYC-Woman-Jailed/3449379

Man Seen with Missing NYC Woman Jailed in Rockland

NEW YORK (AP) -- A man who was seen in the company of a Brooklyn woman who is now missing is being held on a probation violation in Rockland County.

The Rockland County Sheriff's Department says 23-year-old Michael Mele, a registered sex offender, is being held on $50,000 bail.

Detective Lt. William Barbera says Mele violated the terms of his probation by consuming alcohol and by failing to report to his probation officer. Mele's attorney did not return a message seeking comment.

Mele and another man were seen leaving a Manhattan nightclub early Wednesday with 25-year-old Laura Garza.

more at link

So Sad. This has been on the local news a lot over the weekend. A lot of bad things seem to happen in Chelsea after the clubs let out.

They seem to be implying that Laura left with him voluntarily but I wonder if she just walked out with him and he abducted her. A lot of girls would not just go home with some guy especially if he lived upstate and especially if there was another man with him. She was out until 4am, most-likely had been drinking and her judgement could have been severely impaired. He may have offered her a ride to Brooklyn using the excuse it is dangerous to ride the subway alone that late, hard to get a cab that will go to Brooklyn and expensive if you do. He does look so unassuming doesn't he? I can easily see how he could fool someone.

It just flames me that this guy was charged with misdemeanors for violating women. He terrorized them, traumatized them, assaulted them and changed their lives and he gets no jail time and gets the same sentence as someone who jumps the turnstile in the subway. Call me a crazy feminist but I think that is blatant sexism and complete patriarchal BS. Laura Garza is most certainly dead because of it.

Last week I bought a pair of shoes at Bakers on 5th Ave - the same one Laura worked at :(

So sad another woman victimized by another offender who has been walking free for far to long.. it would seem it was only a matter of time before he escalated to this level.. i suspect he has had a lot of help due to his fthers link to the LE.. Just a shame that she so how managed to find this loser out of all the folks in NYC...

I am erribly sorry for her family and friends but it doesnt sound as if she will be located alive.. I pray I am wrong.

This is so tragic! She is such a beautiful girl. Praying that they find her soon.

Family begs for safe return of missing clubgoer

The Associated Press has reported that Mele is the son of a retired assistant deputy police chief for New York’s Metropolitan Transit Authority. According to WNBC in New York, other women have come forward with information about Mele since Garza disappeared and he was arrested on the probation-violation charges.

WNBC reported that his previous convictions “involved several episodes of public lewdness.” WNBC also reported that police in Paramus, N.J., issued a warrant accusing him of public lewdness and exposing himself to a child under 13 years of age in 2005.

Mele, a sex-offender who owns a Quiznos sandwich shop upstate NY was on probation for a forcible touching incident.

Wouldn't eat any sandwich that man made. :puke:

http://www.lohud.com/article/2008812090349

"NEW CITY — A number of women came forward yesterday with information about a sex offender who left a nightclub with a woman who vanished shortly afterward, state police said as they searched woods and trash bins near the man's home."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back