1934 users online (337 members and 1597 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,157

    Overweight Dog Found Frozen to Sidewalk


    Dog Left Outside Freezes To Sidewalk

    POSTED: 5:17 pm CST December 5, 2008
    UPDATED: 7:20 pm CST December 5, 2008



    http://www.wisn.com/cnn-news/18214694/detail.html

  2. #2
    Awe, what an adorable dog...poor thing.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,523
    50 lbs overweight! It's the reason the dog ended up frozen to the sidewalk. Wonder if it's also the reason the dog didn't freeze to death?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    In the cooooold!
    Posts
    4,633
    Quote Originally Posted by anthrobones View Post

    Dog Left Outside Freezes To Sidewalk

    POSTED: 5:17 pm CST December 5, 2008
    UPDATED: 7:20 pm CST December 5, 2008



    http://www.wisn.com/cnn-news/18214694/detail.html
    We have been seeing if we will be allowed to adopt Jiffy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    She looks just like our baby girl and is the same age too.

    Beautiful Rox.
    Sept. 18, 1997 - May 26 2012
    Rest peacefully my love I'll forever miss you.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,762
    Quote Originally Posted by drip~drop View Post
    We have been seeing if we will be allowed to adopt Jiffy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    She looks just like our baby girl and is the same age too.
    Y'all are going to adopt her?? That's awesome !! Makes me smile after all reading this.

    She deserves a loving home after what that woman did to the poor thing, it's low 30's in temperature here and we are working on trying to get 2 feral stray cats inside the house that we feed out front. I can't bear to think about animals or homeless people being out in the cold.
    The woman should have known better.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by drip~drop View Post
    We have been seeing if we will be allowed to adopt Jiffy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    She looks just like our baby girl and is the same age too.
    Yay!!! She's adorable and looks super sweet...good luck, I hope you get to adopt her!!
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    ~ Albert Einstein ~

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,910
    Quote Originally Posted by capoly View Post
    50 lbs overweight! It's the reason the dog ended up frozen to the sidewalk. Wonder if it's also the reason the dog didn't freeze to death?

    That extra 50 pounds probably saved his life. I know that's why I keep my 50

    Poor thing.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,490
    Quote Originally Posted by capoly View Post
    50 lbs overweight! It's the reason the dog ended up frozen to the sidewalk. Wonder if it's also the reason the dog didn't freeze to death?
    I read that in a different story capoly, that that is exactly why the dog didn't freeze to death, because of its layer of fat!

    Thats great, drip drop, that you are looking into adopting her! and this is nothing against you (because I know WSer's all have big hearts as far as animals go), but why is it that normally an older dog like that will usually sit in a shelter forever until they finally put it to sleep, but once it is on the news or something people just line up to adopt? Thats great and I'm glad that it happens, but what about all the older dogs that never make it on the news?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    In the cooooold!
    Posts
    4,633
    Quote Originally Posted by MeoW333 View Post
    Y'all are going to adopt her?? That's awesome !! Makes me smile after all reading this.

    She deserves a loving home after what that woman did to the poor thing, it's low 30's in temperature here and we are working on trying to get 2 feral stray cats inside the house that we feed out front. I can't bear to think about animals or homeless people being out in the cold.
    The woman should have known better.
    We are still in talks with the shelter. He is a very big boy! Our house is small and we already have 2 borders and right now we have feral babies inside cuz it's freezing out. We lost one tho.
    Anyways, the plus side is we have land for him to run (if he's willing to budge lol) and lots of love to give him in his older years. I just hope the size of our house ( an old schoolhouse from the early 1800's) doesn't disqualify us.

    I hope you have sucess getting your 2 ferals inside. We still have some taking shelter in the garages.
    it's horrible that any living creature would have no choice but to be outside in frigid weather.
    ps. i very much dislike that woman that hurt jiffy!

    Beautiful Rox.
    Sept. 18, 1997 - May 26 2012
    Rest peacefully my love I'll forever miss you.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    In the cooooold!
    Posts
    4,633
    Quote Originally Posted by BeavisMom62 View Post
    I read that in a different story capoly, that that is exactly why the dog didn't freeze to death, because of its layer of fat!

    Thats great, drip drop, that you are looking into adopting her! and this is nothing against you (because I know WSer's all have big hearts as far as animals go), but why is it that normally an older dog like that will usually sit in a shelter forever until they finally put it to sleep, but once it is on the news or something people just line up to adopt? Thats great and I'm glad that it happens, but what about all the older dogs that never make it on the news?
    I don't take that personally BevisMom, I understand your point. We weren't planning on another dog at all right now. When I saw Jiffy and how much he resembles my baby girl, my heart melted. Heck, i'd like to be able to have ALL the homeless fuzzies live with us. I just adore fuzzies!

    I've raised my little girl from 7 weeks and my little boy from birth. I don't think my heart can take that again so once my babies go to the bridge, IF we ever get another, it will be an older shelter dog to make their last years wonderful.

    Beautiful Rox.
    Sept. 18, 1997 - May 26 2012
    Rest peacefully my love I'll forever miss you.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    In the cooooold!
    Posts
    4,633
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenEyedGirl View Post
    Yay!!! She's adorable and looks super sweet...good luck, I hope you get to adopt her!!
    keep your fingers crossed for us! Jiffy is precious!
    Borders are very sweet fuzzies.

    Beautiful Rox.
    Sept. 18, 1997 - May 26 2012
    Rest peacefully my love I'll forever miss you.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    12,228
    Quote Originally Posted by drip~drop View Post
    We have been seeing if we will be allowed to adopt Jiffy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    She looks just like our baby girl and is the same age too.

    This would be so great, drip~drop!

    You are good people!!!

    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!



Similar Threads

  1. NY Well Dressed Woman's Body Found On Sidewalk
    By Filly in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-24-2012, 03:29 PM
  2. UT - Headless chickens and goat found on Park City sidewalk
    By Missizzy in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-23-2010, 04:57 AM
  3. Dog found frozen in outdoor Kennel
    By believe09 in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-21-2010, 10:24 AM
  4. Fast-Food Worker Returns $185,000 Check Found on Sidewalk
    By bakerprune64 in forum News that makes you smile!
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-03-2008, 11:10 AM