Overweight Dog Found Frozen to Sidewalk

50 lbs overweight! It's the reason the dog ended up frozen to the sidewalk. Wonder if it's also the reason the dog didn't freeze to death?

We have been seeing if we will be allowed to adopt Jiffy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:woohoo:
She looks just like our baby girl and is the same age too.

Y'all are going to adopt her?? That's awesome :) !! Makes me smile after all reading this.

She deserves a loving home after what that woman did :mad: to the poor thing, it's low 30's in temperature here and we are working on trying to get 2 feral stray cats inside the house that we feed out front. I can't bear to think about animals or homeless people being out in the cold.
The woman should have known better.

:blowkiss: Yay!!! She's adorable and looks super sweet...good luck, I hope you get to adopt her!!

50 lbs overweight! It's the reason the dog ended up frozen to the sidewalk. Wonder if it's also the reason the dog didn't freeze to death?

That extra 50 pounds probably saved his life. I know that's why I keep my 50:crazy:

Poor thing.

I read that in a different story capoly, that that is exactly why the dog didn't freeze to death, because of its layer of fat!

Thats great, drip drop, that you are looking into adopting her! and this is nothing against you (because I know WSer's all have big hearts as far as animals go), but why is it that normally an older dog like that will usually sit in a shelter forever until they finally put it to sleep, but once it is on the news or something people just line up to adopt? Thats great and I'm glad that it happens, but what about all the older dogs that never make it on the news?

Y'all are going to adopt her?? That's awesome :) !! Makes me smile after all reading this.

She deserves a loving home after what that woman did :mad: to the poor thing, it's low 30's in temperature here and we are working on trying to get 2 feral stray cats inside the house that we feed out front. I can't bear to think about animals or homeless people being out in the cold.
The woman should have known better.

We are still in talks with the shelter. He is a very big boy! Our house is small and we already have 2 borders and right now we have feral babies inside cuz it's freezing out. We lost one tho. :(
Anyways, the plus side is we have land for him to run (if he's willing to budge lol) and lots of love to give him in his older years. I just hope the size of our house ( an old schoolhouse from the early 1800's) doesn't disqualify us.

I hope you have sucess getting your 2 ferals inside. We still have some taking shelter in the garages.
it's horrible that any living creature would have no choice but to be outside in frigid weather. :cry:
ps. i very much dislike that woman that hurt jiffy!:mad:

I read that in a different story capoly, that that is exactly why the dog didn't freeze to death, because of its layer of fat!

Thats great, drip drop, that you are looking into adopting her! and this is nothing against you (because I know WSer's all have big hearts as far as animals go), but why is it that normally an older dog like that will usually sit in a shelter forever until they finally put it to sleep, but once it is on the news or something people just line up to adopt? Thats great and I'm glad that it happens, but what about all the older dogs that never make it on the news?

I don't take that personally BevisMom, I understand your point. We weren't planning on another dog at all right now. When I saw Jiffy and how much he resembles my baby girl, my heart melted. Heck, i'd like to be able to have ALL the homeless fuzzies live with us. I just adore fuzzies!

I've raised my little girl from 7 weeks and my little boy from birth. I don't think my heart can take that again so once my babies go to the bridge, IF we ever get another, it will be an older shelter dog to make their last years wonderful.

This would be so great, drip~drop!

You are good people!!!

:clap::clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member