883 users online (164 members and 719 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Question Pre- Trial Hearing - Thurs., 12/11/08 at 9:00 AM

Can someone please tell me if the KC pretrial is still scheduled for 12-11? I have not heard anaything mentioned in a whlie now.
    Last edited by Patty G; 12-08-2008 at 09:39 AM. Reason: added date of pre[trial hearing
    A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth.

Based on the court records, the Pre-Trial Hearing is still on Thursday, 12/11/2008 at 9:00 AM.
    Last edited by Patty G; 12-08-2008 at 09:41 AM. Reason: wrong day, right date :(

Zoe Bogart is offline Let's not ask for the Moon, we have the Stars
    I keep checking and rechecking my calendar. I believe the 11th is Thursday.
    My brain is copyright-protected.
    Please pardon any typos. I'm a lousy typist and an even worse proofreader.

Big Brother and the Thought Police have arrived
    1984 by George Orwell (1949)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

What happens at a Pre-trial?
    <Click on User CP>
    Scroll down and on the left
    <Click on Edit Ignore List>
    In add a Member to your list
    <start typing the name of the person you want to ignore>
    <Click on OKay>

IF WE COOK IT THEY WILL COME!

Thanks Patty. We can always count on you for our info.
    A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalei321 View Post
    What happens at a Pre-trial?
    [edit] Pre-trial
    The early stages of the lawsuit may involve initial disclosures of evidence by each party and discovery, which is the ordered exchange of evidence and statements between the parties based on what they each expect to argue during the actual trial. Discovery is meant to eliminate surprises and clarify what the lawsuit is about, and perhaps to make a party realize they should settle or drop the claim, all before wasting court resources. At this point the parties may also engage in pretrial motion filing in order to exclude or include particular legal or factual issues before trial, by blocking the other party from presenting a particular witness or arguing a particular legal theory.

At the close of discovery, the parties may pick a jury and then have a trial by jury. Or, the case may proceed as a bench trial heard only by the judge, if the parties waive a jury trial, or if the right to a jury trial is not guaranteed for their particular claim (such as those under equity in the U.S.) or for any lawsuits within their jurisdiction.
    I was told to cheer up, it COULD be worse...........sure enough I cheered up? And it got worse!

Help Please

Does anyone know if the pre trial will be televised on Tru TV or CNN? I can't get it online? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aksleuth View Post
    I keep checking and rechecking my calendar. I believe the 11th is Thursday.
    Oops, fixed it!

Quote Originally Posted by charo View Post
    Does anyone know if the pre trial will be televised on Tru TV or CNN? I can't get it online? thanks
    We have to wait and see what happens.

I am sure a local channel will stream it live.But it depends on the judge ,right?
    The rice is already cooked...

I read yesterday some where that TruTV will be there, Beth Karas will be in Orlando. There are supposed to be reports today too, I'll check the web page for complete info.

JB was on Geraldo last night and he said they DID have pre-trial coming up this week. So, Law according to Baez, it's still on!
    "I am confident that, in the end, common sense and justice will prevail. I'm an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after."

B&R DuPage Co., Il..now living 50 mi from Orlando
    A very telling sign of a plea will be evident in whether it is televised.
    No TV---higher probability of plea
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Avatar: What else can be said after they name the "NFL Man of The Year Award" after him?

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom, and that of all about me, seemed insufficient for the day."-Abraham Lincoln

"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor." -Vince Lombardi

THANK YOU- I dont live in Orlando and cant get their local stations- I cant even load tru tv website- this box wont load their site so can't even check it out- very annoying. Please- if you find anything out, please post it or email me- thanks a million

Yay - Love Beth Karas!

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast