Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Tru-TV/IN session Caylee Anthony coverage

Karen on phone . . . saying JB saying it is a circus but JB is ringmaster of the circus who keeps looking over to the camera during the interview.

Mike B says JB will not get as much leeway as CM . . . may have been just that day that HHBP didn't want to hear it (previously) editorializing

Caller Nancy from Calif . . . not race it is the circumstances of the case that keeps people interested.
    Proud member of the AFKBPOFPOPL

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wenwe4 For This Useful Post:

KC and Baez are well matched, imo.

It's always someone else's fault that this, that, or the other thing has gone wrong.

And I didn't even know what KC looked like when I read about the 31 days and saw the photo of beautiful Caylee. I never cared about KC's looks, she could be as homely as me when I first wake up in the morning, and I'd still be interested in this case, because Caylee was a beautiful, sweet, and innocent little Angel.

I'm baffled that Baez thinks it's all about KC, or him.

For many - if not most - of us following this case, it's about Caylee.

Once this case is over (aside from Caylee), I'm done with the entire Anthony family, and Baez.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Turnadot For This Useful Post:

Part 2 is replaying now. Only heard the intro espousing how JB is at home in the courtroom and that his firm consists only of himself and 2 "junior attorneys". uh...JB IS a junior attorney if I have ever seen one and if he is feels at home in a courtroom, he is more delusional that even I imagined. I am already ready to throw things at the tv.

I'm really not sure if I am going to make it through this. I'm in a pretty good mood today and not looking to totally blow it.

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to beach For This Useful Post:

I have no words...none I can say anyway.
    JB is blaming his losing the Diaz case on an all white jury?
    Not one word about him trying to AHA the prosecution and failing?? really, JB? Really??
    Justice for CAYLEE

8. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to LancelotLink For This Useful Post:

I find it really annoying that race is even being talked about in this case.

No, Mr. Baaeeeez, it is because your client NEVER reported her child missing.

There is a very good reason for that! It's called murder, and she was trying to conceal it.
    Look twice - Save a Life! Motorcycles are everywhere!

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Softail For This Useful Post:

New footage:

Ryan S asking about the courtroom . . .
    JB confirms the courtroom decorum means they will always handle themselves in a "civilized manner". He gets a "rush" everytime he enters a courtroom. All the work is done months and months ahead of time . . . it is more anxious not nervous when you get the finish line. Opportunity . .. the prepared mind. He had a murder trial before kc's case . . . death of a child a 2 y/o girl . . . he was convinced his client didn't do it. . . pediatric head injury case . . . he thought he tried the heck out of it . . . he didn't do it but the jurors still had the photos of the dead child to take back to the jury room . . . very powerful . . . came back with misdemeanor . . . it was first degree murder case . . . compromised verdict they felt someone had to pay . . . all white jury . . . his client a dark skin hispanic . . . great injustice . . .

1) don't spike the ball until you are in the endzone
    2) jurors (even illogically) want to punish someone

he ended up getting 15 years . . . . some people look @ it that his life is saved and he will get out one day . . . you can only do so much . . . there is alot from that case in my mind everyday

ryan saying similar to Caylee . . . do you think that will happen in this case w/kc that she will be t he one that needs to be blamed.

JB I don't know . . . peoples thirst for punishment . . . never lose sight of that . . . it's sad . . . talk about the court room majesty . . . . there is nothing bigger than the law. Not someone's pain, not someone losing their life, nothing bigger than the law.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wenwe4 For This Useful Post:

OMG! Ryan asking him about the tension with Jeff Ashton, and that they are going after each other. Baez says, "Really?, Do you see that for real?"

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Softail For This Useful Post:

RS - You see uptick in intensity with JA.
    JB - do you see that really?
    RS yes we do . . . is that the case do you feel it's getting personal?
    JB - am i going to take my foot off the gas or change the intensity - no we aren't going to change that. . . i do not take it personal . . . we are different personalities . . . it's not personal . . . i walk out that door and don't give mr. ashton another thought.
    this is what advocates do . . . it should be done in a professional manner. . . . if I didn't respect Mr. ashton I wouldn't say anything at all . . .i certainly disagree with some things and i won't say anything about that at all.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wenwe4 For This Useful Post:

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I am recording this now and will post the links as they are ready for youtube here:
    Sticky: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68189"]Show Transcripts and Show Videos - NO DISCUSSION![/ame]

Feel free to share here, there or anywhere! LOL

EDIT and BUMP so you know location changed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A wise moderator told me this is a better location for the videos and easier to find in the future should we want to look them up!
    Last edited by A_News_Junkie; 04-29-2011 at 11:35 AM.

18. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to A_News_Junkie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LancelotLink View Post
    I have no words...none I can say anyway.
    JB is blaming his losing the Diaz case on an all white jury?
    Not one word about him trying to AHA the prosecution and failing?? really, JB? Really??
    Lance, with all due respect, I think you may have missed something Baez pointed out over and over and over and over again via insinuation, that tackles this important issue.

Baez is Spanish.
    A famous Spanish Lawyer.
    A Spanish lawyer who speaks Spanish.
    Diaz is a Spanish criminal.
    There was a white jury.
    White people hate Spanish people.
    Even if we don't know or care about N's race, we still hate Spanish people and want them convicted and Spanish lawyers to lose in court. It's never anything to do with evidence, or Baez's failures.

It's white people hating on Spanish people.

But Baez is the GREAT SPANISH HOPE, and will not allow this.

On a serious note, Baez better check himself. I know plenty of Spanish people following this case on the www, who think Baez is incompetent and resent him playing up his Spanish heritage and trying to score points with them, as if they are Borg.

FWIW, I think no matter what race Baez was, he'd play it to the hilt. I've seen nothing to indicate he's proud of his heritage, my personal opinion is that it's just something else he can use.

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Turnadot For This Useful Post:

RS - what was this office like when you took kc's case . . .
    JB - I made them all park across the street . . . that is probably why I got such bad press. the media wanted to park in parking lot . . . i had to get stern with them to park across the street and stay there . . . there was a lot of negativity . . . that is when the stories began you have to put people in their place when they are hurting your clients. . . they would bumrush the whole parking lot to get closer to kc . . .i remember saying to a lawyer that worked for me when we got kc out of jail 6 helicopters hovering overhead . . . i said, "take a good look my friend you will never see all of this attention over a bad check charge in your life". Everyone has a job to do . . . the adjustment period that i realized that i am not an individual, lawyer, legal professional . . w . I am a story. Until I realized that . . . "you are always in harms way".

JB there has to be a fine line between free press and defendant's sixth amend. for a fair trial . . . generally while an investigation going on you don't see doc dumps, press conferences, etc. . . . i don't have power to give media 1000 pages and then tell them go speculate.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wenwe4 For This Useful Post:

clip from yesterday . . .
    kc is very intelligent and able to follow this case w/great intellect.

would you do anything different?
    JB - I am sure I would but can I pinpoint those things right now? no . . .was I perfect . . . no that is why they call it "practicing law".

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wenwe4 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Softail View Post
    OMG! Ryan asking him about the tension with Jeff Ashton, and that they are going after each other. Baez says, "Really?, Do you see that for real?"
    I just wonder how he's gone this whole interview without his nose growing exponentially or lightening striking him a thousand times. Good LORD. He lies just like Casey does. No wonder they're well matched!

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wenwe4 View Post
    JB - I made them all park across the street . . . that is probably why I got such bad press. the media wanted to park in parking lot . . . i had to get stern with them to park across the street and stay there . . . there was a lot of negativity . . . that is when the stories began you have to put people in their place when they are hurting your clients. . . they would bumrush the whole parking lot to get closer to kc . . .i remember saying to a lawyer that worked for me when we got kc out of jail 6 helicopters hovering overhead . . . i said, "take a good look my friend you will never see all of this attention over a bad check charge in your life". Everyone has a job to do . . . the adjustment period that i realized that i am not an individual, lawyer, legal professional . . w . I am a story. Until I realized that . . . "you are always in harms way".

JB there has to be a fine line between free press and defendant's sixth amend. for a fair trial . . . generally while an investigation going on you don't see doc dumps, press conferences, etc. . . . i don't have power to give media 1000 pages and then tell them go speculate.
    BBM

No, but you'd see it for someone on a stolen checks charge, shopping around town for party wear, but didn't pop into the police station to report her baby missing.

That's what the broohaha was all about. Either he has a memory problem, or he can't make logical leaps.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Turnadot For This Useful Post:

I agree with the woman who called to say she didn't hold much respect for Baez to begin with and after seeing him holding this interview she has even less.

He kills me talking about how much work this trial is and now he is wishing there were restrictions on the press. Casey has great intellect again? He's nuts. Now the press started the mass interest.

A beautiful little girl by the name of Caylee was gone and her mother didn't bother to tell anyone. That's what started the interest Baez and you know it.
    The baby was found dead and ICA is responsible. You have got to be kidding that her looks or the color of her skin has anything to do with the publics interest. What a BORING interview.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tsitra01 For This Useful Post:

In Session
    Question of the day: Ryan Smith sat down with Jose Baez for a one-on-one interview. Do you agree with Jose Baez's assessment of the Casey Anthony Case? We want to know what you think...Write your comments below!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Prince...14177908610837

"She's Going Places," A Tribute Song For Caylee Anthony
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLudQC0MBJU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHZ79InLGRY
    White Lion - When The Children Cry

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *~Aimee~* For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Turnadot View Post
    Lance, with all due respect, I think you may have missed something Baez pointed out over and over and over and over again via insinuation, that tackles this important issue.

Baez is Spanish.
    A famous Spanish Lawyer.
    A Spanish lawyer who speaks Spanish.
    Diaz is a Spanish criminal.
    There was a white jury.
    White people hate Spanish people.
    Even if we don't know or care about N's race, we still hate Spanish people and want them convicted and Spanish lawyers to lose in court. It's never anything to do with evidence, or Baez's failures.

It's white people hating on Spanish people.

But Baez is the GREAT SPANISH HOPE, and will not allow this.

On a serious note, Baez better check himself. I know plenty of Spanish people following this case on the www, who think Baez is incompetent and resent him playing up his Spanish heritage and trying to score points with them, as if they are Borg.

FWIW, I think no matter what race Baez was, he'd play it to the hilt. I've seen nothing to indicate he's proud of his heritage, my personal opinion is that it's just something else he can use.
    Silly monkey. How could I have overlooked that subliminal message?
    So, won't Spanish or Hispanics appreciate Jose single-handedly saving ZFG by deciding that she was never part of this whole case? That has to score him some points?

ETA: But Baez is the GREAT SPANISH HOPE I had to read that line twice. At first I thought you spelled HOPE with an R.
    Justice for CAYLEE

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LancelotLink For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wenwe4 View Post

BBM

As he sits there laughing!

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Softail For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by A_News_Junkie View Post
    Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I am recording this now and will post the links as they are ready for youtube here:
    Sticky: Show Transcripts and Show Videos - NO DISCUSSION!

Feel free to share here, there or anywhere! LOL

EDIT and BUMP so you know location changed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A wise moderator told me this is a better location for the videos and easier to find in the future should we want to look them up!
    Bump - please read edit!

First video should be done in about 5 mins!

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to A_News_Junkie For This Useful Post:

Ugh, hubby and I are meeting "friends" for drinks, then dinner in some alleged 5 star restaurant, where the portions will be small and I won't like the food anyway, and I'll have to make small talk and pretend I give a toss.

I'd rather we stay home, make some comfort food, and watch our next DVD of Mad Men.

I hate having to pretend I like these people.

Just needed to get that out.

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Turnadot For This Useful Post:

OJ memoriabilia in the shelves . . . he taught a class about the OJ trial and even had Mark Furhman come in to talk to the class . . . that didn't go over too well . . .
    spur of moment thing to bully OJ into trying on the glove . . . i think if you try to push those things it looks staged . . . want to be very careful doing that.

RS saying he gets feeling it is real to JB.
    Jb saying you have to keep independent emotional disconnect from the client. . . but he is all in and so is every member of the team . . . just because people hear his name the most doesn't mean there are a lot of people working behind the scenes giving up their weekends to help on this case.

RS we see how kc lights up when you come in . . . a reassurance . . . a calming effect. . . is that your style . . .
    JB am I giving you a calming effect? I am personable and communicate well with your client . . .I am very loose . . . I like to kid around with appropriate humor and break tension with a little humor . . . i try not to tell people they will win the case his crystal ball broke a long time ago . . .he will do his best for his client.

RS ... you seem to have a facination of law in this case.
    JB if you really like something you will study it . . . so many great lawyers no one has ever heard of that really do deserve attention in this case. . . . some people call me "Juanny Cochran" . . . I could win this case . . . while it's flattering it certainly not deserved . . . it's cute but i don't like the phrase. I aspire to be best lawyer i can be. i will take what i can learn . . . .add my own spin and do the best i can.

RS if you do win this case how will it change your life.
    JB i have no idea . . . i will have the ability to try cases the way i want to . .. sometimes you have to have business decisions guide what you do . . . i want to do more pro-bono cases . . . .

42. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wenwe4 For This Useful Post:

RS asking about KC's Story (I swear I saw JB turning red in front of our very eyes . . . blushing or surpressing extreme emotion?)

44. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wenwe4 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LancelotLink View Post
    Silly monkey. How could I have overlooked that subliminal message?
    So, won't Spanish or Hispanics appreciate Jose single-handedly saving ZFG by deciding that she was never part of this whole case? That has to score him some points?

ETA: But Baez is the GREAT SPANISH HOPE I had to read that line twice. At first I thought you spelled HOPE with an R.
    BBM

Was mighty tempting, but the mods have enough to do!

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Turnadot For This Useful Post:

I think most jurors take their job seriously regardless of who the defendant is. They want the defendant's attorney to prove the State is wrong and want to believe someone is innocent because human nature tells us that the person sitting there could be one of us and we need to listen to the evidence and make sure we get it right.

And in the Diaz case the mother was also hispanic so did JB think the jury convicted Diaz because he was hispanic. Someone abused the child and there was only the Mom and the boyfriend who had access to the child. Hello, how is that white people hating hispanics. Please tell me did not say that.

This would be a very irresponsible statement for him to make or even imply unless he was trying to cover up for his own incompetency. jmo

48. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

Let's please, please not travel too far down the ethnicity road. Seriously. I am leaving the posts up because I agree that is what JB is not so subtly insinuating. However, this could go bad very quickly and get people in trouble, so...l really think it is best if we just ignore it and consider the source, kwim?

50. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to beach For This Useful Post:

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast