F-18 Crash

CASuzk

Reaction score
There has been an F-18 crash in a neighborhood southeast of us.
Pilot is OK but two homes are gone.

Don't know if there was anyone in the homes yet.

Yikes--where do you live? How big is an F-18?

I have just been following this at work. Terrible.
I know lots of people in the area..checking on them.

This story just gets sadder and sadder. This poor man lost his whole family. His wife, MIL and 2 baby daughters.

one was just born in October. They found her today using cadaver dogs. :( The MIL had just come to stay to help her care for her new baby.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20081209-1757-bn09yoons2.html

Man who lost family thanks community, says he doesn't blame pilot
SAN DIEGO – A grieving father and husband who lost his wife, two young daughters and mother-in-law when a Marine fighter jet crashed into their home on Monday thanked everyone who has supported him and said he does not blame the pilot of the disabled plane.
“Nobody expected

This story just gets sadder and sadder. This poor man lost his whole family. His wife, MIL and 2 baby daughters.

one was just born in October. They found her today using cadaver dogs. :( The MIL had just come to stay to help her care for her new baby.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20081209-1757-bn09yoons2.html

Man who lost family thanks community, says he doesn't blame pilot
SAN DIEGO – A grieving father and husband who lost his wife, two young daughters and mother-in-law when a Marine fighter jet crashed into their home on Monday thanked everyone who has supported him and said he does not blame the pilot of the disabled plane.
“Nobody expected
Oh JBean, he broke my heart when I heard him earlier this evening on the news.

Oh, what a sad, sad tragic story. Absolutely devastating.

And what a wonderful man Mr. Yoon is to ask the public to pray for the pilot.

Here he is in unbearable grief thinking of the pilot because he knows how horrible the pilot must feel although he did all he could.

I saw the man that lost his family asking the public to pray for the pilot and saying that the pilot was a treasure. What a heart on this man that he would think of the guilt that the pilot is feeling. I had to watch the clip again when they replayed it.

This story breaks my heart. This man must have such a strong spirit, such faith, and such true belief that is sustaining him. He is in my prayers.
God bless him always.

Such a horrible story. I was afraid when they hadn't located the one year old that the toddler was gone,too. I have a one year old and he doesn't even stay still in his sleep. What a special man to think of the pilot at this horrible time.

This story breaks my heart. This man must have such a strong spirit, such faith, and such true belief that is sustaining him. He is in my prayers.
God bless him always.

I agree, in Jesus' Name, amen.

:( I will most certainly pray for this young man, that God will give him strength and comfort to carry on each day, and I will pray for the pilot as well..

Just a horrible tragedy; that poor man. It looks like he has some family there to support him. I can't imagine such a trauma. I'm glad the fire didn't spread to other houses; I know the pilot feels awful and traumatized as well.

"Why do bad things happen to good people"?

oh my goodness, how terrible. This is probably one of those "one-in-a-million" things that no one would've ever though would happen.

Prayers to pilot, the husband and everyone grieving!

Horrible beyond horrible. What a special man to think of that poor pilot at this time in his grief. Prayers to all of them

Horrible beyond horrible. What a special man to think of that poor pilot at this time in his grief. Prayers to all of them

Anyone know how old he is? Does he have a job? I hope he'll get alot of help from people.

Rubble, despair all that remain
Man returns to site where jet crash killed his family

Eyes downcast, Don Yoon blinked back tears as he struggled with the memories of his family now gone.

snip

Yoon, 37, walked unsteadily to the rubble and sobbed into a tissue. He prayed in a circle with a dozen family members and friends in what used to be his front yard, then addressed the news media.
“Nobody expected such a horrible thing to happen, especially right here, right (in) our house,” Yoon said. “I know God is taking care of my (family).”

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20081210-9999-1n10jet.html?imw=Y&lid=mostpopular

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back