1097 users online (226 members and 871 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Baez on the Today Show 12/9

Good morning, They just finished the segment on Caylee where Baez was interviewed by Matt Lauer. Matt didn't completely throw him soft balls.

He asked Baez if Casey is innocent, why haven't they put in for delay of trial, so they can be sure to find Caylee. Baez responds that his client is innocent and she wants her day in court to tell her side of the story.

Per Baez, the public is making assumptions based on HALF of the story. Casey wants her day in court to clear her name and tell her story.

OK - WHAT story? Is this what they did in Baez' office for 5 and 6 hours everyday. Research and spin an elaborate tale that will be told in court?

Makes ya think, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by moxiecrimefighter View Post
    Good morning, They just finished the segment on Caylee where Baez was interviewed by Matt Lauer. Matt didn't completely throw him soft balls.

He asked Baez if Casey is innocent, why haven't they put in for delay of trial, so they can be sure to find Caylee. Baez responds that his client is innocent and she wants her day in court to tell her side of the story.

Per Baez, the public is making assumptions based on HALF of the story. Casey wants her day in court to clear her name and tell her story.

OK - WHAT story? Is this what they did in Baez' office for 5 and 6 hours everyday. Research and spin an elaborate tale that will be told in court?

why isn't he working on the CASE????? hmmmmmm isn't that HIS JOB????? seems lately like it's open mic at the today show.....

jmo

if its such a compelling story WHERE IS IT......

BS BS, sick of this attorney. Let get to trial.

Why can't she tell her side of the story now? (And it will BE a story, I am sure.)

And why is she more concerned about clearing her name than she is about finding her little Baby?

It sounds as though he's going to try for a change of venue...researching different areas, etc

He's also going to be on Jami Floyd's Best Defense this am on Tru-TV. What is with him? He has less than a month and he is going on every talk show with the same story ...."You will know all about it in my opening statements, blah, blah, blah"!
    "I am confident that, in the end, common sense and justice will prevail. I'm an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after."

Matt Lauer did say that anytime they have a segment on the case that they get TONS of mail from viewers who are angry that they are letting Casey's side have her say.

I believe the change of venue has become a moot point due to the saturation of this case....

What I don't get is if she truly has a story that will shock the world and clear her name, why wait until the trial? They should be getting as much of her story as possible out in the public to prove that LE has the wrong person before trial and to help the public to look for Kaylee or at the least to help LE to look for her.

This has never made sense to me. I understand the need for the defense lawyer to state and restate his clients innocence but it seems that they usually have some kind of story to tell not just saying that we will all understand at trail.

Isn't it also your defense attorney's job to try to avoid a trail by showing that she is innocent with proof provide to the prosecution so they would consider dropping the charges?

I mean if the defense had a truly bombshell piece of evidence that she is innocent wouldn't they present this to LE/Prosecution before the trail and get her released?
    This OPINION is MINE. There are MANY like it, but this one is MINE.

I reserve the right to at any time.

Want to know what all the hip, environmentally friendly babies are wearing this year?
    Check out Nana's Natural Nappies for the best choices in cloth diapering and accessories.
    Natural and organic products are available for mom, too!
    10% discount on all orders over $50 during grand opening. US only.

I'm torn between two things:

1. Either she and (with or without) Baez' help has spun some elaborate tale that they are going to spring on everyone at trial.

OR

2. They are saying all of this to bait the public and then at trial, they will have nothing new..no BLOCKBUSTERS....just same old ZFG tale.

Quote Originally Posted by DollyPardonMe View Post
    He's also going to be on Jami Floyd's Best Defense this am on Tru-TV. What is with him? He has less than a month and he is going on every talk show with the same story ...."You will know all about it in my opening statements, blah, blah, blah"!
    Well, I see it as an opportunity for him to drum up the $980 that his client hasn't paid him so that he can pay for the work and appearances in this case. We all can assume that as an attorney he's not doing it out of the kindness of his heart.

The second motive would be because that the MORE he national attention he brings to this case and his client? The better the opportunity to pick the jury for this trial? He can whine and complain and pick apart every reason in the world about these people that he possibly can to prevent KC from having A: a fair trial in that jurisdiction and B: a fair jury...period.

I hate to say it but I see this kinda similar to the whole OJ case from 13 years ago ALL over again.
    I was told to cheer up, it COULD be worse...........sure enough I cheered up? And it got worse!

Quote Originally Posted by SandcraneLady View Post
    BS BS, sick of this attorney. Let get to trial.
    Yes, let's do get to trial. All we will hear from JB is "da, ha, hum, da, ha, hum."

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoHead View Post
    Why can't she tell her side of the story now? (And it will BE a story, I am sure.)

And why is she more concerned about clearing her name than she is about finding her little Baby?
    Cause it's easier to tell stories than it is to potty train, read to your child, give them good meals, bathe them & put them to bed.
    Last edited by Tom'sGirl; 12-09-2008 at 03:14 PM. Reason: comment not needed

The A's are going to be on LK on Wed, and KC's pre-trial is on Thursday.

Seems strange the parents will possible be out of town for the pre-tial.
    Am I missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by 100%Agave View Post
    What I don't get is if she truly has a story that will shock the world and clear her name, why wait until the trial? They should be getting as much of her story as possible out in the public to prove that LE has the wrong person before trial and to help the public to look for Kaylee or at the least to help LE to look for her.

This has never made sense to me. I understand the need for the defense lawyer to state and restate his clients innocence but it seems that they usually have some kind of story to tell not just saying that we will all understand at trail.

Isn't it also your defense attorney's job to try to avoid a trail by showing that she is innocent with proof provide to the prosecution so they would consider dropping the charges?

I mean if the defense had a truly bombshell piece of evidence that she is innocent wouldn't they present this to LE/Prosecution before the trail and get her released?
    Especially if that evidence would help find Caylee.
    Always ,just my opinion

We never saw it coming .Please talk to your teen even if you don't think you need to !
    Far more teens commit impulsive suicide without chronic depression
    Miss U James

Quote Originally Posted by LeLe1953 View Post
    Oh goodie, does this mean we will get to hear from the devil herself.
    It looks like we will have to. Who else is going to tell it? Is JB going to testify on behalf of his client? And, if it's in his opening statement, who is he going to produce to back up this story? ZFG? The lady at the airport? Her ex-firends? Looks like it'll have to be KC. Although somehow I don't think she will take the stand.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast