720 users online (97 members and 623 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

IL - Governor Rod Blagojevich in Federal Custody

Wonder who will end up selecting Obama's replacement for the Senate seat now?

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2...o-custody.html

No suprise here. Chicago politics is totally corrupt. I'll be interested to see how far and wide the corruption is as this all unfolds.
    ~~Childhood Cancer is a Crime~~

Quote Originally Posted by twinkiesmom View Post

Wow!! And I was just watching the news before I left for work this morning and Blagojevich made some sort of snarky comment about people being sneaky and taping him, and how they are more than welcome to do so. What a cocky POS. I'm glad they got him, I'm tired of all this political corruption in IL!!

jmo

I'm mad they couldn't have done this before he robbed the State Workers Pension Fund. All of those retirees with their pensions illegally tapped by this corrupt %&$###.
    Last edited by chicoliving; 12-09-2008 at 03:44 PM. Reason: removed curse word; don't post and use that word

I have been waiting for this for YEARS!!! Yippe Ki A - I knew he was corrupt the first election.

Hopefully the state will see some good work comp reform as well now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NSC View Post
    I have been waiting for this for YEARS!!! Yippe Ki A - I knew he was corrupt the first election.

Hopefully the state will see some good work comp reform as well now!!!
    ITA! He has been corrupt for such a long time now and even though he KNEW he was being investigated, he was so cocky that he kept it up.

I knew it was only a matter of time - great day in Chicago (aside from the weather of course) if you ask me.

jmo

I've been a Southside Chicago Democrat since before I was born but I never liked Blago. Always fighting with Daley and Madigan. You knew something was up. I'm just glad that they waited until after the Presidential election for this to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by twinkiesmom View Post

Probably Lt. Governor Pat Quinn...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning." ~ Benjamin Franklin

I am shocked and saddened. I hope the allegations are unfounded. I have had the pleasure of meeting Blagojevich and he is very nice. Very kind and sweet to my daughter, and I am just in tears over how I will tell her about this.

All kinds of hugs!

ROSIE

rosepetal1065 is offline Ive got splinters..in the windmills of my mind......
    My Brother-in-law works for this guy. He's part of the Gov. personal protection team through the Illinois State Police. I'm hoping this doesn't effect them........too much.
    Providing domestic support and love to LE for 18.5 yrs and counting..

Live continuous coverage at FoxChicago.

http://www.myfoxchicagolive.com/

Best news I've heard in ages!! He is such a crook. Now to just get the rest of Chicago's and IL's corrupt politicians. I can't believe what he was saying! F this, F that, F him (Obama!). Wow.

Rosepetal, there is always going to be need for security, now it will be for the new/temp gov. I wouldn't worry.

I remember shaking this crook's hand at the South Side Irish parade in Chicago during his first run for office. I didn't vote for him either time, but he really SEEMED like he was a nice guy. Boy was I and the state of Illinois WRONG! A total wolf in sheep's clothing!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning." ~ Benjamin Franklin

FBI Special Agent Robert Grant: “If Illinois is not the most corrupt state in USA it is certainly one hell of a competitor”
    The Smoking Gun has all kinds of details:
    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...09081rod1.html

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast