Identified! NC - Buncombe Co., Woman's body under bridge, Dec'08 - Karen White

I may need to edit this later when I can see something in print. Local (Asheville / wlos) 11pm news said the woman was 5'2" and weighed abt 140lbs. I *think* they said between the age of 30 - 50 but I'm not positive. So far none of the missing persons in the local area or in the SE match the description.

clip from the 9th:

"The body was found Monday afternoon off highway 197 in Barnardsville. Authorities are treating it as a suspicious death but don't have many other details yet. Detectives can only say the woman was white and her body was there for at least a week."

rest of article
http://www.wlos.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/wlos_vid_1796.shtml

A couple of articles from The Asheville Citizens Times:

"Investigators have yet to identify the woman but have received numerous tips, Buncombe County sheriff's Lt. Ross Dillingham said Tuesday.

“We have contacted all agencies in the Southeast. We've got some information but nothing that's panned out that we can prove,” Dillingham said.

The woman's death appeared suspicious, he said."

More at:
http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008812100332

"The body appeared to be that of a white female, Dillingham said. No weapons were recovered at the scene.
Dillingham declined to say what the woman was wearing.

“We are checking missing persons cases, checking with other jurisdictions as well for missing persons and working with the State Bureau of Investigations and the U.S. Forest Service,” Dillingham said.

Investigators hope to learn more about a cause of death following an autopsy, which will likely happen Wednesday in Chapel Hill, Dillingham said.

Anyone with information about a lost or missing person is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 255-5050 or Dillingham at 250-4506.

More at:
http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008812090332

The autopsy found that the body was a white woman, between 30-50 years old, about 5 feet 4 inches tall and weighing around 140 pounds, Buncombe County Sheriff's Lt. Ross Dillingham said.

A state Department of Transportation worker found the body Monday while inspecting a bridge in the North Fork Road area near Barnardsville.

Dillingham declined to discuss a possible cause of death, though investigators believe the death is suspicious based on evidence collected at the scene, Dillingham said.

More at link:
http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008812110348

So 1+ weeks deceased when discovered. No mention of hair or eye color, clothes, tattoos or other distinguishing marks.

Someone must be missing her.

"BARNARDSVILLE – A woman whose body was found last week under a bridge in a remote area of northern Buncombe County has been identified as Karen Lynne White, 43."

Details here.

"BARNARDSVILLE – A woman whose body was found last week under a bridge in a remote area of northern Buncombe County has been identified as Karen Lynne White, 43."

Details here.

NorthernMagpie~
Thanks so much for keeping this thread updated about this woman. I have checked everyday since the original post, hoping I would read something new. It was nice to finally read something today.

Ruflossn

It's so sad that there was no missing-person report out for her. Either she had no one close to her or the only person close to her already knew where she was.

Details here.

Glad to see she was identified. Known to police so didn't take too long. Sure does seem like there's a high number of women with her lifestyle murdered all around the country.

Wow. While I was writing my long post, she was identified.

That's good.

Rest in peace.

Glad to see she was identified. Known to police so didn't take too long. Sure does seem like there's a high number of women with her lifestyle murdered all around the country.

Hi capoly~
Maybe I missed the info.....
Do we know her lifestyle?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member