HI HI - Joshua Curry, 20, Mountain View, 25 Nov 1994

Joshua Scott Curry

Missing since November 25, 1994 from Mountain View, Hawaii.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Date Of Birth: March 24, 1974
Age at Time of Disappearance: 20 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'10"; 140 lbs.

Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Blond hair; blue eyes. Dragon tattoo on upper right arm.

Circumstances of Disappearance:

Joshua Scott Curry was last seen on the island of Hawaii on November 25, 1994. His mother dropped him off at his apartment in Mountain View, a rural area outside of Hilo, where he lived sparsely, without even a telephone. Six witnesses/suspects have told Josh Curry's family that he was beaten to death. His body has not been found.

The month before Curry went missing, he told his mom he was addicted to heroin. He also was depressed. His ex-girlfriend, Sequoya Vargas, had gone missing the summer before. Curry told his mother he was with her at a party the night before she disappeared and that they had talked about getting back together. Curry was going to be a witness in her trial.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Hawaii County Police Department
808-961-2211

Agency Case Number:
E-52393

NCIC Number:
M-818218676
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/1004dmhi.html

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/curry_joshua.html

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=7880852

From the charley project page:

Six men confessed to his murder in 1994, but they have never been charged. Curry's mother believes he was the victim of homicide, but investigators are divided on the possible cause of his disappearance.

and....

His former roommate apparently committed suicide on a California highway shortly after Curry was last seen. It is not known if he knew any details about Curry's case.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/curry_joshua.html

People don't usually confess to something that they didn't do, especially 6 people at once. I wonder why they've never been charged, and I wonder why the investigators are divided on why he disappeared?

I agree, I don't understand why these men have never been charged. They confessed to his murder and got away with it. I don't even want to know how his family must feel about that.

I'm not sure what this website is, but it gives a little more information about one of the six witnesses / suspects that allegedly threatened Scott before his disappearance and whom it is thought is the one responsible for actually killing him.

http://www.pomc.org/mw_stories_1-19/joshua_curry.html

ETA: POMC is for parents of murdered children

According to POMC the police refuses to treat Joshua's case as a homicide. What a tragedy for his family...So much injustice.

It's 23 years today from the date of Joshua's disappearance.
The story of him and Sequoya Vargas has always stuck in my mind as a romance that ended in an incredibly tragic and sad manner.
For the first time in years I decided to look into it today to see whether anything had developed and found the date of Joshua's disappearance to be this very day.
Coincidence, or the prompting of an unquiet spirit?
Justice has not been done.

I don't think the article explicitly stated six people came forward, did it? I though that one stated that Josh was beaten to death by six people?

updated link for charley project Joshua Scott Curry – The Charley Project
Joshua Scott Curry
  • joshua_scott_curry_1.jpg
Curry, circa 1994

• Missing Since 11/25/1994
  • Missing From Mountain View, Hawaii
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 03/24/1974 (47)
  • Age 20 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'10, 140 pounds
  • Medical Conditions Curry was addicted to heroin at the time of his 1994 disappearance. He may also have been suffering from depression.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Blond hair, blue eyes. Curry has a dragon tattoo on his upper right arm and his left ear is pierced. His nickname is Josh.
  • Details of Disappearance
    Curry was last seen by his mother on November 25, 1994 as she dropped him off at his apartment. Curry resided in Mountain View outside of Hilo on the Hawaiian island of Oahu at the time. He did not own a telephone, so his mother gave him change to call her from a pay phone the following day. Curry has never been heard from again.

Curry's former girlfriend, Sequoya Vargas, was raped and murdered in August 1993. Her body was never found. Curry saw her at a party the night before she was killed and he told his mother they discussed a possible reconciliation. He was scheduled to be a witness at Sequoya's murder trial in 1994, but he disappeared before testifying.

Richard Damian Serrano was convicted in connection with Sequoya's death and received a sentence of life in prison. Jason McCubbins and Matthew Gibbs, who participated in the murder, cooperated with authorities and received lighter sentences.

Curry's statements to investigators regarding Sequoya's case have remained sealed since his disappearance, and it isn't clear whether his disappearance is related to his testimony regarding Sequoya's murder.

In October 1994, a month before he was last seen, Curry told his mother he was addicted to heroin. He was also apparently depressed at the time, but it's unclear whether he chose to leave voluntarily.

His life had allegedly been threatened prior to his disappearance. Six men confessed to his murder in 1994, but they have never been charged. Curry's mother believes he was the victim of homicide, but investigators are divided on the possible cause of his disappearance.

His former roommate apparently committed suicide on a California highway shortly after Curry was last seen. It is not known if he knew any details about Curry's case.

Curry studied English in college. His favorite foods are spaghetti and burritos, and he is good at cooking and electronics. Curry enjoys music. He is described as a friendly, fun-loving person.

His disappearance remains unsolved; Curry's family believes he was murdered, but the police are investigating his case as that of a missing person rather than a homicide.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back