721 users online (78 members and 643 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FL - Phillip Koss, 24, Fort Myers, 13 March 1995

Another one: Phillip John Koss

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/koss_phillip.html

Disappeared from a group home. Found his truck with his wallet in it.

Salem
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 01-28-2013 at 10:28 PM.

We could rule this out with a few questions to LE.

Were there any wire framed glasses found at scene of accident?

Did Jason Doe have evidence of prior fractured wrists? Scare on Upper L arm, 3 inches, and a potmark? 1 inch scar on nose?

This site has really opened my eyes to a lot of things about the missing and uid and makes you realize how important almost every detail about someone is. Especially if your own children go missing. If law enforcement and the families of the uid and missing would give every single detail possible then finding or identifying would be easier. I don't have any idea if they do that. Maybe they do.
    Where's Logan Tucker?

Quote Originally Posted by prd2bokie View Post
    This site has really opened my eyes to a lot of things about the missing and uid and makes you realize how important almost every detail about someone is. Especially if your own children go missing. If law enforcement and the families of the uid and missing would give every single detail possible then finding or identifying would be easier. I don't have any idea if they do that. Maybe they do.
    Excellent points. We recently rec'd an email with great info from University of TX who helps with getting DNA in CODIS for free..it had a list of pertinent things that should be included in info on missing. I will see if I can find it this weekend and post. TY for reminder of this very informative list.

Wow!! How great is that!! Everybody should print it out. We all think it couldn't happen to us, but it could.
    Where's Logan Tucker?

Christine - I want that list also! Then I can ask LE the right questions when I talk to them.

Many of the UID I listed as possible matches also have tatoos that would rule them out quickly once it is verified that GD only has the homemade star tatoo.

Also - did you get my pm? I need help editing thread titles. Benjamin has been ruled out.

Thanks and Happy New Year ALL!

Salem

I can't find it Still looking.

Quote Originally Posted by christine2448 View Post
    I can't find it Still looking.
    Here is a link to an article regarding Center for Human Identification (CHI) at Uni of Northern Texas.

The center does gratis DNA testing and article has good info and links.

Hope it helps.

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/nij/journal...g-persons.html

Great article Petra!

Salem

The height and weight seem to be substantially off the mark. The timing of his disappearance is not long before "Jason"'s death and "Jason" was heading south from DC, consistent with a return to Florida. What has always made me think that Koss deserves a closer look is that he disappeared on March 13, and the Grateful Dead began their East Coast spring tour in Philadelphia on March 17. They did three nights at the Spectrum, then on to three shows in Charlotte, NC and three in Atlanta before the end of the month. They played a number of shows in the South in April.
    Phillip Koss was a music student. According to The Charley Project, he may have used the surname"Wolf" and nickname "Ace". Jerry Garcia had a famous guitar named "Wolf" and The Grateful Dead had a song called "Dire Wolf". Bob Weir's nickname is "Ace", which he used as the title of his first solo album. Not by any means convincing evidence that PK was a Deadhead, but I have a feeling that he deserves a closer look as a possible candidate for Jason.

Here's an article about Phillip Koss. Police were looking to see if he matched any of eight skeletons found in 2007 in Fort Myers. I don't know whether there was a match found, but I assume he'd be off the missing persons list by now if there had been a match. http://www.winknews.com/news/local/7913747.html

I was just looking through missing persons and found this guy, he looks a lot like Jason Doe (his teeth look perfect), he was known to use aliases. Do we know if Jason Doe has previously fractured wrists?

again...Ace could sound like JASE (in a concert) Jason!!!

i keep thinking if he wore tinted glasses...whats stopping him wearing tinted contact lenses! Has he been ruled out at all?

He's been ruled out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast