CA CA - John Geppert, 33, Los Angeles, 1 April 1995

Hey Salem!

This should be easy rule in/out...small hernia scar on groin and fractured collar bone. Take a note to ask this when you contact LE again. :D

Did you ever rule this guy out? I was just going to post him, but did a search and found Salem had already posted. The age is off, but the nose looks similar, the hair color may be similar, and it appears he had been missing for several yrs, so he could have been traveling with the Dead???

Jules - this has not gone anywhere as of yet. Trying to get ahold of someone in VA with info on Grateful Doe's case is like pulling hair. I talked to an investigator from the County Sheriff's office and she was going to do a little research to see who I should be talking to. Christine makes it sound so easy, but in this case it is not.

I have called on several other cases now and have pretty much always had good, positive feedback from the investigating agency. This case just seems to be a little more difficult.

Okay - enough whining from me :) (sorry).

I think this guy could be him. When you look at the poster with the 2 pictures of GD - the pictures are very different. This guy seems to have features from both pictures. Do you agree - do you think he looks like a combination of the 2 pictures?

I'll go find a link to post for easier comparison as soon as I answer my phone.

Salem

Here's a link: http://www.find-missing-children.org/Posters/poster399.htm

Jules - this has not gone anywhere as of yet. Trying to get ahold of someone in VA with info on Grateful Doe's case is like pulling hair. I talked to an investigator from the County Sheriff's office and she was going to do a little research to see who I should be talking to. Christine makes it sound so easy, but in this case it is not.

I have called on several other cases now and have pretty much always had good, positive feedback from the investigating agency. This case just seems to be a little more difficult.

I think this guy could be him. When you look at the poster with the 2 pictures of GD - the pictures are very different. This guy seems to have features from both pictures. Do you agree - do you think he looks like a combination of the 2 pictures?

Salem

Awwww. I don't mean to make it sound so easy. I have 3 matches I have been naggin about for months. It's hard sometimes. They don't call me nag fer nothing. Sometimes we have to be pushy and not take no for an answer. In a recent case I submitted MONTHS ago, I kept getting 'no answer', I finally got someone, they said SEND TO ME! Now it's going somewhere. NAG NAG NAG. ;)

Salem

Try calling Huntington and asking if this guy could have been following the Dead, 'cause you have a UID across the country that looks like him...maybe worth a shot?

I agree - it is worth a shot. I'll call in the morning. John/Jason are similar sounding names..... who knows?

Salem

I've called Huntington - I'm waiting for a call back.

Salem

3/10/09 - Detective called back and I submitted Mr. Geppert as a possible match this morning. :)

Here's the response from Huntington Beach PD:

Thanks for your interest in this case, I did receive your e-mail. There are quite a few discrepancies. Mr. Geppert was 35 years old in 1995 and in April of 1995 he was contacted by the L..A.P.D. During that contact, Mr. Geppert was documented as being 6’ 2”/ 185lbs. Thank you for your inquiry.

I'm not sure this rules him out? The Charley's Project has him listed as 5'10" and 160 pounds. His last contact of April 1995 fits right in with the timeline on Jason Doe. The age is off by about 10 years.

What do you think? Shall I call him "ruled out"? Can we contact Charley's Project and get the info updated/corrected?

Salem

John Henry Geppert III
  • john_henry_geppert_iii_1.jpg
Geppert, circa 1995

• Missing Since 04/01/1995
  • Missing From Los Angeles, California
  • Classification Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 10/24/1961 (59)
  • Age 33 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'10, 160 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Light brown hair, brown eyes. Geppert's nickname is Jack. He has a small hernia scar in his groin area, and he has previously fractured his collarbone.
Details of Disappearance
Geppert was last seen in Los Angeles, California on April 1, 1995. He has never been heard from again. Huntington Beach, California authorities are investigating his disappearance.

Some agencies give the date of Geppert's disappearance as December 10, 1988.
https://charleyproject.org/case/john-henry-geppert-iii
The Doe Network: Case File 1937DMCA
Missing Person / NamUs #MP1209
John Henry Geppert

Not sure when he went missing Namus and CA DOJ say missing or last seen on Dec. 10, 1988
Charley says April 1, 1995 and so does Doe Network adding his family last spoke to him in 1989.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back