1286 users online (300 members and 986 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TX - Scott 'Andy' Sims, 11, Wichita Falls, 9 Dec 1961

http://www.timesrecordnews.com/news/...lved-after-47/

I don't know if this has been posted before.
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 03-29-2010 at 01:58 PM.

We are trying to note the 'state' person went missing from, is this TX?

In reading the article, yes this is Texas.
    It also mentioned how foggy it was that day, made me wonder if somehow he was able to be grabbed without anyone seeing. Very sad story.

VB
    Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

Submitted: Scott Andreas Douglass "Andy" Sims

MadeaBecBec is offline "The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to appreciate it."
    Wouldn't it be wonderful if someone would do a "age-progressed" photo of Scott?

Quote Originally Posted by carolwood View Post
    Any feedback yet CW?
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

No, Believe I have not, I have made several phone calls, getting only a voice mail, and leaving my name and number. I will call again though, will keep you updated. It is possible he has returned my call and I was not home, I have privacy director and it only shows the privacy director number when someone calls and I am not home to pick up. This time I have left my cell number also. So I'll give it a couple, and try again.

I think I suggested this boy about a month ago and the forum people didn't think it matched up.
    Where's Logan Tucker?

Sorry, I went back and checked my post. It hasn't been a month. I've just been working so much it feels like I did it a long time ago.
    Where's Logan Tucker?

That's ok prd2bokie. He was submitted prior to you bringing him up. Just when you brought it up, you used the full name and I didn't catch it, because it was discussed and submitted under Andy Sims. The case was submitted around Dec. 24, 2008, but due to the Detective being on vacation, he did not recieve the case until Jan 5, 2009.

Le still has not called back. I made one last attempt today. If I cannot get LE to call me back, he has a step brother that lives in Ohio. He is the one that brought the case "back to life", I believe. Do you think I should try to contact him?

I think a consensus of should a relative be called or not, would be good.
    Usually, I would say, do not bother a relative, unless there is some almost concrete proof. But in this case, this man's step brother reopened the case.
    I vote yes.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

LE has called me back, sorry I thought I had reported this last nite. He had to get dna from the mother who no longer lives in Wichita Falls. This was done on Thursday. So now we wait for her's to be processed.

Le still has not called back. I made one last attempt today. If I cannot get LE to call me back, he has a step brother that lives in Ohio. He is the one that brought the case "back to life", I believe. Do you think I should try to contact him?
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
    I think a consensus of should a relative be called or not, would be good.
    Usually, I would say, do not bother a relative, unless there is some almost concrete proof. But in this case, this man's step brother reopened the case.
    I vote yes.
    LE has called me back, sorry I thought I had reported this last nite. He had to get dna from the mother who no longer lives in Wichita Falls. This was done on Thursday. So now we wait for her's to be processed.
    Thanks for all the work on the comparison to BK-but I would seriously reconsider contacting any relative, fwiw. At the minimum, if you are going to use WS as a catalyst for your sleuthing, I would ask a mod for their opinion. If the family comes to us looking for help, that is one thing. But incredible emotional harm can happen with this process. Yes, Andy's step brother re-opened his case. BUT, he likely can google his brother's name and will find the thread, or the detective CW has been working with can bring it up if he believes it is a viable lead. IIRC, the detective is not all that convinced-CW can speak to that.

JMO...
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Thanks for all the work on the comparison to BK-but I would seriously reconsider contacting any relative, fwiw. At the minimum, if you are going to use WS as a catalyst for your sleuthing, I would ask a mod for their opinion. If the family comes to us looking for help, that is one thing. But incredible emotional harm can happen with this process. Yes, Andy's step brother re-opened his case. BUT, he likely can google his brother's name and will find the thread, or the detective CW has been working with can bring it up if he believes it is a viable lead. IIRC, the detective is not all that convinced-CW can speak to that.

JMO...
    Believe, I only meant, if all had been done to contact LE. But I would not want to take this step at all, if at all possible. I know I would talk to you first, asking what could be done. But that point has passed, since LE has called me to update the situation of the dna profile on the mother. So this thought is furtherest from my mind now. I am very glad he called with this information.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast