1369 users online (247 members and 1122 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

NY - Bernard Madoff charged in $50 billion fraud

NEW YORK (Reuters) – "Bernard Madoff, a quiet force on Wall Street for decades, was arrested and charged on Thursday with allegedly running a $50 billion "Ponzi scheme" in what may rank among the biggest fraud cases ever."
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081212/..._madoff_arrest

I have read that some think this may be bigger than Enron. Even more amazing that it seems like it all tracks back to Madoff himself.

NY - Fund Manager Tied to Madoff Case Commits Suicide

Fund Manager Tied to Madoff Case Found Dead

1:25 PM ET: Multiple news outlets in New York are reporting that a hedge fund manager who reportedly invested heavily with Bernard Madoff was found dead this morning in his Manhattan office.

Thierry Magon de la Villehuchet, 65, was pronounced dead at 8 a.m., according to a Reuters report that cited New York City Medical Examiner spokeswoman Ellen Borakove. The cause of death is not known yet.

He was co-founder of Access International.

Prosecutors have alleged Madoff engaged in a $50 billion Ponzi scheme.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/eco.../?hpid=topnews

Sounds like a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by MeoW333 View Post
    Sounds like a hit.
    Fox has been reporting that he committed suicide.

imoo
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    Fox has been reporting that he committed suicide.

imoo
    Fox would.

It could have been staged to look like a suicide.

I'm not understanding the "hit"... this man was a victim of this slime ball Madoff... how would it be a "hit"?!?!?!

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

I'd say it's the first of Madoff's victims to die and Madoff has blood on his hands. I hope they lock him up and throw away the key. He should not be out on bail right now, he is an evil man.

The first thing I thought was suicide also. The article states he invested $150 million. Losing that much money at the age of 65 might make a man think about taking his own life.

Rene-Thierry Magon de la Villehuchet, 65, was found sitting at his desk at about 8 a.m. with both wrists slashed, NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said. A box cutter was found on the floor along with a bottle of sleeping pills on his desk. No suicide note was found.

He grew increasingly subdued after the Madoff scandal broke, arousing suspicion among janitors in his Madison Avenue office tower Monday night when he demanded that they be out of there by 7 p.m. Less than 13 hours later, a security guard checked on him in his 22nd-story office suite.

Sad, he seemed like a nice man... more about him in this article:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...XJdEQD958PCC00

A Dallas news station reported tonight that "The Innocence Project" is another victim of Madoff. The Innocence Project, started by Barry Scheck has helped to free many wrongly convicted people based on DNA. They said they have enough money to complete scheduled tests, but they will have to find additional funding to continue. I feel for all of the victims including this guy whatever the circumstances of his death were.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...y.3a5ff29.html

Quote Originally Posted by colette View Post
    I'd say it's the first of Madoff's victims to die and Madoff has blood on his hands. I hope they lock him up and throw away the key. He should not be out on bail right now, he is an evil man.
    I agree... he should be rotting in a cell right now, but, I guess money, even evil money, buys freedom.

This man has no morals or scruples. He bilked em' all. Didn't matter if they were rich, poor, young, old, personal, business, non-profit... he just sat back and took their money.

Now, he's sitting pretty, watching what his evil machinations have rot. Slime ball... I hope someone takes a gun and puts a bullet in his head.

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

That link brought up a girl in a swimsuit..

Quote Originally Posted by MeoW333 View Post
    That link brought up a girl in a swimsuit..
    Lol, funny... but he is right.

"According to Reuters, because of a legal concept known as “fraudulent conveyance,” investors who took their money out of Madoff’s funds before the fraud was discovered might have to return their profits to help offset losses incurred by others who stayed in. Basically, those “profits” were just an illusion, because Madoff was simply using funds from new investors to pay off old ones."

http://www.newsinferno.com/archives/4387

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast