727 users online (98 members and 629 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    3,027

    A Way To Honor Caylee

    Thursday was a very emotional day for me, just as I am sure it was for everyone else here. My heart breaks for this dear sweet baby who was taken away far to soon.
    I was at work when the news came across the radio. I was so upset, mad, frustrated, angry!!! This is not supposed to happen to little 2 year old girls!
    I heard something else on the radio also, they were talking about an Angel Tree at a local bank here, the kind where childrens names and info are on it for people to adopt for Christmas gifts. There are still 80 names on the tree that have not been adopted. Friday I am going to that bank and adopt one of those children and will do for them what I can not do for Caylee. I think Caylee would feel it is a good and healthy thing to do something positive and helpful for another child out there who can be shown that someone cares.
    This is a hard year for so many, I know there has to be trees like this all over the country. Is there anybody else here who would like to join me in finding your own little angel to adopt for Christmas?

    VB
    Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

  2. #2
    Zoe Bogart's Avatar
    Zoe Bogart is offline Let's not ask for the Moon, we have the Stars
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Fema Region VI
    Posts
    4,840
    What a sweet idea! Many churches in my area do this, so I know I'll be able to find a tree. Good idea.
    My brain is copyright-protected.
    Please pardon any typos. I'm a lousy typist and an even worse proofreader.


    Big Brother and the Thought Police have arrived
    1984 by George Orwell (1949)

    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    By the Lake
    Posts
    4,949
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Bride View Post
    Thursday was a very emotional day for me, just as I am sure it was for everyone else here. My heart breaks for this dear sweet baby who was taken away far to soon.
    I was at work when the news came across the radio. I was so upset, mad, frustrated, angry!!! This is not supposed to happen to little 2 year old girls!
    I heard something else on the radio also, they were talking about an Angel Tree at a local bank here, the kind where childrens names and info are on it for people to adopt for Christmas gifts. There are still 80 names on the tree that have not been adopted. Friday I am going to that bank and adopt one of those children and will do for them what I can not do for Caylee. I think Caylee would feel it is a good and healthy thing to do something positive and helpful for another child out there who can be shown that someone cares.
    This is a hard year for so many, I know there has to be trees like this all over the country. Is there anybody else here who would like to join me in finding your own little angel to adopt for Christmas?

    VB
    What a nice thing to do. I am a contributor to Angel Tree. There are so many children of prisoners in our country that are suffering because of the actions of their parents.
    It just takes one person to make a difference in the life of a child.
    Vegas Bride you are an angel--

    http://www.angeltree.org/site_hmpg.asp
    Just striving to be average.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northwest Florida
    Posts
    51
    We have adopted a family for christmas, but I too will adopt an "Angel" in honor of Caylee.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Bride View Post
    Thursday was a very emotional day for me, just as I am sure it was for everyone else here. My heart breaks for this dear sweet baby who was taken away far to soon.
    I was at work when the news came across the radio. I was so upset, mad, frustrated, angry!!! This is not supposed to happen to little 2 year old girls!
    I heard something else on the radio also, they were talking about an Angel Tree at a local bank here, the kind where childrens names and info are on it for people to adopt for Christmas gifts. There are still 80 names on the tree that have not been adopted. Friday I am going to that bank and adopt one of those children and will do for them what I can not do for Caylee. I think Caylee would feel it is a good and healthy thing to do something positive and helpful for another child out there who can be shown that someone cares.
    This is a hard year for so many, I know there has to be trees like this all over the country. Is there anybody else here who would like to join me in finding your own little angel to adopt for Christmas?

    VB
    Count me in! I try to adopt a child every year, but this year will do so in honor of Caylee's memory. Great idea!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    3,027
    Wow thank you everyone!!! I know there will be happy little boys and girls on Christmas because of this and that is what I know I need to focus on right now for my own sanity.
    I'm really looking forward to picking out my Angel today, will do that on my way to work and then will be doing some serious planning on what I can do for a precious child I told my husband about it last night and he's all for it also and we'll both get so much out of this. I'll be sure to post tonight (if able to get on the server) and let you know about my Angel

    VB
    Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    3,027
    Yesterday I picked out my Angel, she is 12 years old and it will be a joy to pick out some nice things for this little girl! She has a wish list for craft items, cd's and books! For my own therapy I need to focus on a child who needs a little Christmas Spirit, gifts need to be brought back to the bank by the 17th so I will be busy getting everything together. Any ideas on what books would be good for a 12 yo girl? I'm thinking of a jewelry making kit for the craft and a gift certificate for her to get a cd plus a sweater. I love Caylee and would give anything to shower her with gifts this Christmas but there are other children out there I can do this for.

    VB
    Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    937
    What a beautiful idea!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,848
    My son and I talked about this today. We always donate to Toys for Tots and he suggested "let's donate kid's books for Caylee because it looked like she liked to read". I gave him a bear hug, told him I love him, and said what a great idea, we will do this today when we are at the mall.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    3,027
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBLYN View Post
    My son and I talked about this today. We always donate to Toys for Tots and he suggested "let's donate kid's books for Caylee because it looked like she liked to read". I gave him a bear hug, told him I love him, and said what a great idea, we will do this today when we are at the mall.
    Oh that is so sweet for your son to think of that!!! Caylee certainly did look like she enjoyed books. The reason I picked the little Angel I did was partly due to her having books on her wish list. My s-i-l suggested a few different ones that are new plus I'm thinking of a few classics such as Little Women.

    VB
    Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.


  11. #11
    This is such a sweet and loving thing to do! Bless you and I will be joining in giving to the Angel Tree!
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    ~ Albert Einstein ~

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    3,027
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenEyedGirl View Post
    This is such a sweet and loving thing to do! Bless you and I will be joining in giving to the Angel Tree!
    Thank you GEG! There are so many children out there who need this. Every child should feel that someone cares about them, especially at Christmas time.
    VB
    Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    213
    Awesome idea! I'll choose a second child this year. We always choose one but you're right, that would be a beautiful tribute to this child who should be still with us!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    924
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Bride View Post
    Yesterday I picked out my Angel, she is 12 years old and it will be a joy to pick out some nice things for this little girl! She has a wish list for craft items, cd's and books! For my own therapy I need to focus on a child who needs a little Christmas Spirit, gifts need to be brought back to the bank by the 17th so I will be busy getting everything together. Any ideas on what books would be good for a 12 yo girl? I'm thinking of a jewelry making kit for the craft and a gift certificate for her to get a cd plus a sweater. I love Caylee and would give anything to shower her with gifts this Christmas but there are other children out there I can do this for.

    VB
    The Harry Potter books are good for that age. Hard to know if she has already read them though.

    Thanks for giving us a wonderful idea to help children enjoy their christmas and to honor Caylee.
    My Mom told me (and showed me) that "Parent is a verb, not a noun" ~ thanks Mom

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    3,027
    Quote Originally Posted by BonKai View Post
    The Harry Potter books are good for that age. Hard to know if she has already read them though.

    Thanks for giving us a wonderful idea to help children enjoy their christmas and to honor Caylee.
    Thanks for that idea BonKai, I'd really like to put together a nice package so this young girl will have a great Christmas.

    VB
    Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Time to move on/How best to honor Caylee now *merged*
    By chckmate22 in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 112
    Last Post: 08-02-2011, 02:56 AM
  2. Ways To Honor Caylee
    By Madeleine74 in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-18-2011, 01:59 PM
  3. A Touching Way To Honor Caylee
    By Tricia in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-25-2008, 04:06 AM